• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okkkkkk, managed to finish the coloring, will polish it later, but it's a good enough state to share, so here you go.

The lucky fella of today is....

Zelax, Chosen by the Red Titan & Zelox's older brother (who you can see again below for those who haven't seen him)

You might notice that both of them look quite different, but there's alot of reasons for that. Alot of which I can't reveal right now (tho will say that Zelax face take some influence from another character I already shared), but I hope I did a good enough job that you can still notice some similar aspects in their designs.

On that said, hope you enjoy & let me know your opinions if you got somethin' to say.

ZephyrZ ZephyrZ , Noipoi Noipoi , osby osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , @JDCabrera , Knight Dude Knight Dude , @Bakugan2556 , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , AndreaAC AndreaAC

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not sure how likely It would be, but I would like a stage which mixes Destiny Island from Kingdom Hearts 1 with Mementos from Persona 5 (or at least Mementos in a way similar to the Smash Bros stage).

Like maybe Riku and Kairi are chilling in the background of the stage when suddenly a breach opens up revealing parts of Mementos which releases various personas and those guard enemies from the Game into the island. And we see Riku and Kairi trying to fight them all.
Wouldn't it make more sense for a Station of awakening to be mixed with Mementos?

Both of those things are human hearts in their respective game universes.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't it make more sense for a Station of awakening to be mixed with Mementos?

Both of those things are human hearts in their respective game universes.
Alright, that's a really good idea for the stage, yes.

It would make way more sense for the Personas and guard enemies to be attacking a Station Of Awakening.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah kinda didn’t like how much April lead him along as well as how much Donnie simped for her. Dragged down both characters for me.

I honestly think Rise is the best version of their relationship.
I still like the friendship and endgame part of Apritello in 2012 more, but the love blocks that were in-between it for seasons 1 and 2 were definitely not the greatest of directions (and was kinda like how people would be in real life...I don't watch cartoons for realism)
I mean... I think part of that was her probably discovering if she was actually into it herself. I can't be sure, but I imagine it's a pretty lengthy process of self discovery to decide "I am attracted to this Mutant Turtle". Karai, well, she was already a mutant snake before she seriously considered a relationship with Leo.
a relationship that wasn't to be considering they share the same dead father...ah the memories of regret

D

Deleted member

Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles suffered the same fate as Transformers Animated and Justice League Action.

The three of them were really charming shows with very clever writing... Which sadly ended up getting cancelled because of the respective fandoms being way too unfair with them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Evening, I suppose.

Still pondering about sharing my story stuff but at the same time I'm not really in a writing mood so I might see in few hours. Plus I kinda want to start going be go 10 post a day limit for a while.

I'll be on later, just checking in on our lonely hearts club day.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Ayo so we were shooting the **** about potential stages I could add to my PSASBR2 concept like a week or two ago, and I made some significant progress about potential stages in the meantime, and since you seemed interested back then--

Worth noting that I've redone the roster since then, but ehhhhhh for some reason I ain't feeling like showing it off yet

-The "both normal stages and crossover stages" part from the OG post is gone, focus is solely on crossover stages again

-I feel like almost every stage from last game coming back might be a little too ambitious looking back so I've decided to scale it down to just a few of the most memorable ones coming back under a specific "past stages" branding like how Melee and Brawl did it. I think a good selection would be: Hades, Metropolis, Dreamscape, Sandover Village and the Dojo

-Each series represented in the roster gets a new stage or at the very least a crossover appearance in another one

-God of War is the only one to get more than one new stage: one from Dad of Boi and one from the classic games. I haven't done my research on the former yet, but I think a good one for the latter would be a ship on its way to Athens

-The series from last game that didn't get to have stages are getting ones: Fat Princess, Tekken, DMC, Gravity Rush, etc

-On that note, I really liked the unique twist the Time Station stage from last game had where instead of following the crossover formula the rest of the stages had, you had a location from one game and then stuff from a bunch of other games popping in momentarily. I think a good thematic fit for a successor to this idea would be Toro's house from Doko Demo Issyo

-Starship Phoenix from Ratchet and Clank crossing over with Rogue Galaxy

-I wanted to have a stage set in Midgar here of course, but Smash already covered the general city approach and the potential "you fight on the train" angle already has its niche covered by the return of the scrapped Uncharted train stage from last game, so instead I decided to have it take place in the intro's main setpiece - that being the infiltration of the Mako Reactors. That or we just do a Nibelheim stage, that works too

-Lightning round of stages from playable series whose crossovers I haven't set in stone yet: Haven City from Jak and Daxter, St. Ignatius from inFamous, Devil May Cry from, well, Devil May Cry, the Stained Glass Mausoleum (i think that was its name?) from MediEvil, the Beard Burger restaurant from PaRappa 2, N. Sanity Beach from Crash Bandicoot, Rupture Farms from Oddworld, Capital Vellweb from Legend of Dragoon

-Yharnam from Bloodborne crossing over with Ghost of Tsushima

-Horizon Zero Dawn stage crossing over with The Last Guardian

-The Last of Us stage crossing over with either Shadow of the Colossus or War of the Monsters

-Days Gone stage crossing over with Katamari (the token goofy crossover)

-Maybe a stage taking place on a PS1, and there's cameos from the dinosaur and manta from Demo 1

-Other first-party stuff without playable characters that I wanna do something with: I think something from Flower or ModNation Racers could be interesting, and I really wanna do something with Puppeteer

-This is a joke suggestion, I do not intend to actually include this but I wanted to throw it out there anyway for ****s and giggles: The driving test level from PaRappa the Rapper crossing over with Motorstorm Apocalypse

-I like the idea of a potential crossover invasion being Psycho Mantis from MGS coming in, but I don't know where to set that yet
Really love the idea of the Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn stages (yes I think the last one was an idea of mine). How would Days Gone work with Katamari? I'm also a bit confused on Uncharted and FFVII idea.

Another idea I could see would be Gran Turismo and Twisted Metal together.

Flower and ModNation Racers? Maybe the former with Dad of Boi at the top of the mountain and latter with for why not sake Death Stranding.

One that could definitely work for that PS1 stage is Boku no Natsuyasumi.
1613341152892.png

Random thoughts here.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles suffered the same fate as Transformers Animated and Justice League Action.

The three of them were really charming shows with very clever writing... Which sadly ended up getting cancelled because of the respective fandoms being way too unfair with them.
Justice league action was treated way too unfairly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, I used the Battle Boost for the 2nd time in this playthrough.

This time because I forgot to save after beating the 1st battle against JENOVA, and I didn't want to fight it again.

Now, that wouldn't be an issue, but I accidentally got Climhazzard out if it.

Oops.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I used the Battle Boost for the 2nd time in this playthrough.

This time because I forgot to save after beating the 1st battle against JENOVA, and I didn't want to fight it again.

Now, that wouldn't be an issue, but I accidentally got Climhazzard out if it.

Oops.
You can just not use Climhazzard I guess. Either way use the battle boost for Limit grinding if you want the highest level 3 Limits, saves a lot of time

D

Deleted member

I know I got alot of likes on my previous post, but...

..I hope Zelax design is interesting enough
I did like the designs a lot.

Not sure how this makes you feel, but they seem to me like if RWBY had a more westernized artstyle.

Which is neat, as I for the most part like the character design in RWBY.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I did like the designs a lot.

Not sure how this makes you feel, but they seem to me like if RWBY had a more westernized artstyle.

Which is neat, as I for the most part like the character design in RWBY.
I wouldn't say RWBY was a big inspiration, but I can understand why you or someone else would think so.

Not that's a bad thing btw, it's quite interesting in fact.

And glad you like him, hope i'm not asking for attention btw. Just worked on this pic alot so would love to hear some folks opinion, ya know? Without forcing peoples to do so in the best case scenario.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say RWBY was a big inspiration, but I can understand why you or someone else would think so.

Not that's a bad thing btw, it's quite interesting in fact.

And glad you like him, hope i'm not asking for attention btw. Just worked on this pic alot so would love to hear some folks opinion, ya know? Without forcing peoples to do so in the best case scenario.
Yeah, it's all cool.

It is reasonable that an artist wants to hear about the feedback of other people to see how they can keep improving their art.

D

Deleted member

So yeah, I pretty much spent the last few days being ill and watching fighting game videos. I really should get a move on and finally buy Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior. Been delaying it for a while now.

In the meantime, I'm gonna experiment with Wolverine and maybe Akuma. But definitely Wolverine, he appeals to me on a personal level.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Evening, I suppose.

Still pondering about sharing my story stuff but at the same time I'm not really in a writing mood so I might see in few hours. Plus I kinda want to start going be go 10 post a day limit for a while.

I'll be on later, just checking in on our lonely hearts club day.

Really love the idea of the Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn stages (yes I think the last one was an idea of mine). How would Days Gone work with Katamari? I'm also a bit confused on Uncharted and FFVII idea.

Another idea I could see would be Gran Turismo and Twisted Metal together.

Flower and ModNation Racers? Maybe the former with Dad of Boi at the top of the mountain and latter with for why not sake Death Stranding.

One that could definitely work for that PS1 stage is Boku no Natsuyasumi.
View attachment 303093

Random thoughts here.
-Ye the Horizon/Last Guardian stage was your suggestion, I liked it

-The Uncharted stage is referring to the old beta stage they had in the earlier trailers from the first PSAS, where you were on the train from the second Uncharted game and at the certain point the ships from Warhawk started coming down and shooting you. The FFVII stage takes place in the game's intro sequence - which maybe a good specific setpiece for this would be the part where they set the timebomb and the scorpion mech boss comes in

-Days Gone/Katamari stage would basically go: things are as normal, with hordes of zombies chasing Deacon down in the background and whatnot, until at a certain point the sky shifts to the classic sky from the Katamari intro, the King of All Cosmos rises in the background, this **** kicks in:
And the Prince comes in with a huge Katamari and starts rolling up all the zombies. Again, it's meant to fill the "dumb fun" crossover quota that stuff like the LocoRoco/Metal Gear Rising stage filled in the last game

-I actually wrote off the Gran Turismo stage idea sometime ago cause I realized that the overwhelming majority of cars and tracks in it are real brands that have to be negotiated with. And that might be a problem. So instead, what we could do actually is take the ModNation Racers idea and slap it with the Twisted Metal half. It doesn't involve any licensing troubles as far as I'm concerned and it provides a fun contrast like the Days Gone stage above

D

Deleted member

BREAK IT!
Erabu kirifuda shidai de kawatte ku
Kimi ga kimi no mirai o kirihiraite ku

one of favorite openings

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
.> Amazon Japan finally has the Mr. Rime plush on sale for ¥2,200 ($20.96)

.> Shipping is ¥2,852 ($27.17)

View attachment 303097

Um... yeah... I think I'll look elsewhere to get me this.
Meanwhile I need to figure out a plan for affording that giant Dragapult plush they're making without being financially irresponsible about it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So mods ie Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . I'm thinking of posting a game screenshot later. It's a bit bloody and dead people (he started it).

Anything that would be overboard? Like in the future would it be fine to a Mortal Kombat fatality for instance?

Just curious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, wow. Look at that.
My favorite Roman Emperor was the one who, after bringing the Empire to its literal peak of reign, territory, and military status in recorded history, said "**** this ****" and retired to go farm cabbages for the rest of his life. And then it went all downhill for the country from there.

Diocletian knew what was up bro. :jojo:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still like the friendship and endgame part of Apritello in 2012 more, but the love blocks that were in-between it for seasons 1 and 2 were definitely not the greatest of directions (and was kinda like how people would be in real life...I don't watch cartoons for realism)

a relationship that wasn't to be considering they share the same dead father...ah the memories of regret
Karai doesn't really have that kind of relationship with Splinter. And the two aren't biologically related. So, I see no issues. And clearly, neither did the writers because Leo mentions he's dating Karai in one of the Season 5 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom