• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A SEGA crossover fighting game would have the best soundtrack ever done for a videogame.

We would have Jet Set Radio music, Bayonetta music, Sonic music, freaking Persona music, Sakura Wars music and maybe if we get lucky Phantasy Zone tracks.

I dare say the music selection could potentially rival Smash's if done properly.
Personally I'd by hyped for a remix of Outride a Crisis or Hard Road. Or hell, anything from (Super) Hang-On. I'm pretty nostalgic for that game.

Before the day ends, I wanna ask what everyone’s favorite fictional couples/ships are?

Disclaimer, I know nothing about Fullmetal Alchemist, but those two might have one of the best bromance in all of anime.
As for a more serious answer, I don't have one. It's not really something I think much about, to be honest.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Before the day ends, I wanna ask what everyone’s favorite fictional couples/ships are?
Already ended for me but I'll go with it.

Shulk and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles
Subaru and Emilia from Re:Zero
Holo and Lawrence from Spice and Wolf

More of a friendship guy and my list for that is way too long. Yes Nadeshiko and Rin from Laid-Back Camp would be number one in that.

He's from a country (Indonesia) that doesn't normally use English.
He reminds me of a guy from Malaysia who I used to know. This bloke who was staying in my neighbourhood for a few months said the weirdest stuff. You want to laugh but you know its wrong as he's still learning kinda thing.

No offence to the dude.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okkkkkk, managed to finish the coloring, will polish it later, but it's a good enough state to share, so here you go.

The lucky fella of today is....

Zelax, Chosen by the Red Titan & Zelox's older brother (who you can see again below for those who haven't seen him)

You might notice that both of them look quite different, but there's alot of reasons for that. Alot of which I can't reveal right now (tho will say that Zelax face take some influence from another character I already shared), but I hope I did a good enough job that you can still notice some similar aspects in their designs.

On that said, hope you enjoy & let me know your opinions if you got somethin' to say.

@Zachmac , @Noipoi , @osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Wademan94 Wademan94 , @Dyllybirdy , @JDCabrera , Knight Dude Knight Dude , @Bakugan2556 , @TheCJBrine , @AndreaAC
Another good job on the coloring dude! I really like the Blue one in particular, he fits right in a fighting game.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
sinbad and Ja'far from magi and Haru and Daisuke from Balance Unlimited for me. Its the classic wife is sick and tired of their husbands bull**** but just cant abandon the ******* relationship

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dude. In Season FIVE, when all of the characters are talking about their love interests (Donnie and April, Mikey and Renet, Raph and Mona), Leo then talks about Karai implying they are dating.
he was mocking her for her strange taste in men due to her questioning Raph loving a newt named Mona...no relationship implications, just mocking. Also helps that in the 4th season Leo flat out told her that seduction wouldn't work on him (cause he got past the horny phase).

now if this was that special anime sauce who knows...but this is a Nickelodeon series, so nothing like that would be kept in the family

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
he was mocking her for her strange taste in men due to her questioning Raph loving a newt named Mona...no relationship implications, just mocking. Also helps that in the 4th season Leo flat out told her that seduction wouldn't work on him (cause he got past the horny phase).

now if this was that special anime sauce who knows...but this is a Nickelodeon series, so nothing like that would be kept in the family
I still don’t think it would be THAT weird. Like, they’re not biologically related, obviously, and they weren’t raised together. They’re only brother and sister by technicality.

Oh well. Guess Leo needs a new love interest for my sixth season concept.... Lotus Blossom? Jennika? .... Venus de Milo?.... Casey Jones after she transitions?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still don’t think it would be THAT weird. Like, they’re not biologically related, obviously, and they weren’t raised together. They’re only brother and sister by technicality.
some places roll differently when it comes to having intimacy within your family, but I wouldn't wanna go there myself. Just seems nasty to me, regardless of being siblings by blood or not

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
some places roll differently when it comes to having intimacy within your family, but I wouldn't wanna go there myself. Just seems nasty to me, regardless of being siblings by blood or not
But like. Legally she’s Shredder’s daughter. I’m pretty sure Hamato Yoshi was declared legally dead after mutating. And socially that’s not the relationship they have at all.

Dutch Raikuna

I don't know if I'm feeling super content or tired but man I'm just in deep thought reminiscing my life.

Like I just feel super chill after drinking a can of monster and eating some prawn crackers. I'll probably just help anyone of my fellow creator friends out tonight while I just slowly work on my story.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But like. Legally she’s Shredder’s daughter. I’m pretty sure Hamato Yoshi was declared legally dead after mutating. And socially that’s not the relationship they have at all.
I don't think stealing a child counts as legally owning, and nobody really declared any of the mutants as being dead of alive (for some reason). I'm pretty sure people saw Hamato alive in Japan before he left, and nobody in New York likely knew him regardless of his upgrade

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not sure if you guys have played Bowser's Fury yet, but as a lifelong Mario fanboy, I daresay that Bowser's Fury might just be the very best....
concept for a Mario game ever. I remember playing Odyssey on launch day and thinking that if we had a game as large in scope as Odyssey with the copius platforming challenges of 3D World and Galaxy (and Galaxy 2), a world as open and interconnected as Breath of the Wild (make that fast travel worthwhile), and an optional hard mode, then we'd have the greatest Super Mario experience of all time.
And Bowser's Fury seems like a demo for that theoretical "perfect" Mario game. It has the perfect use of power-ups, progression, and an open world (albeit small). Even the music is great. Ironically, the biggest flaw of the game is Fury Bowser breaking the pace every few minutes (every 20 minutes if I had to guess). It'd be more fun if it was one whole level (or area, given the open world style) where Fury Bowser was harassing you the entire time while the "normal" areas were free of his meddling. But that's this game's gimmick.
The other obvious flaw is the short length of the game, but this is literally an extra to a bigger game, so I cannot complain about not getting 60 dollars worth of length. But if Nintendo expands this idea for a future Mario game with at least 100 hours of gameplay, then I would EASILY consider it my favorite game of all time. Make the coins useful like they were in Odyssey, ie have a shop. Keep this power-up system, add more power-ups, both classic and new, incorporate more playable characters like Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, or even Donkey Kong, Nabbit, and solo Bowser Jr., and you have a gem on your hands.
Nintendo, you got something great here. Don't **** it up like GameFreak did with Pokémon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat A Hat In Time! I had a lot of fun with it, and I'm almost at 100% completion! (at least as far as the in-game percentage is concerned - I'm not going to worry about cosmetics or the Death Wish challenges, since it's outright impossible to get all of the cosmetics in any version that doesn't have custom levels, and the Death Wish challenges just seem like they'd be frustrating) I just need to complete one Rift that acts as a tour through the base game's levels. (I got to the last room with hazards and died - I had to start from the beginning of that Rift, so I figured I'd just try it again tomorrow)

The gameplay, music, writing, and characters are all great, though I noticed a few difficulty spikes with the DLC. (Nyakuza Metro was a little tough to navigate, and one of the Rifts and one of the chapters in the Seal the Deal level seemed much more difficult than anything else in the game) It's relatively short for a Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie style collectathon (four levels, six if you count DLC, and the final boss area; only forty to fifty-six collectibles depending on whether you have the DLC or not), but it still lasted me quite a while (not sure how long off-hand) and I'd love to see more of it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think stealing a child counts as legally owning, and nobody really declared any of the mutants as being dead of alive (for some reason). I'm pretty sure people saw Hamato alive in Japan before he left, and nobody in New York likely knew him regardless of his upgrade
I’m pretty sure Shredder filed legal adoption paperwork for Karai, or however Japan does it.

Eh. This conversation is getting us nowhere.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I beat A Hat In Time! I had a lot of fun with it, and I'm almost at 100% completion! (at least as far as the in-game percentage is concerned - I'm not going to worry about cosmetics or the Death Wish challenges, since it's outright impossible to get all of the cosmetics in any version that doesn't have custom levels, and the Death Wish challenges just seem like they'd be frustrating) I just need to complete one Rift that acts as a tour through the base game's levels. (I got to the last room with hazards and died - I had to start from the beginning of that Rift, so I figured I'd just try it again tomorrow)

The gameplay, music, writing, and characters are all great, though I noticed a few difficulty spikes with the DLC. (Nyakuza Metro was a little tough to navigate, and one of the Rifts and one of the chapters in the Seal the Deal level seemed much more difficult than anything else in the game) It's relatively short for a Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie style collectathon (four levels, six if you count DLC, and the final boss area; only forty to fifty-six collectibles depending on whether you have the DLC or not), but it still lasted me quite a while (not sure how long off-hand) and I'd love to see more of it.
A Hat In Time is a lovely game. Glad you enjoyed it!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m pretty sure Shredder filed legal adoption paperwork for Karai, or however Japan does it.

Eh. This conversation is getting us nowhere.
it isn't...tho it has gotten us closer to Shredder

speaking of which...I think the 03 Shredder is the weakest of the good Shredders

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Speaking of SEGA, I picked up the original Valkyria Chronicles on Switch after watching someone stream it a few times.

This game's pretty fun ngl.
The couples in these games are also some pretty good ones.

Though i have no knowledge of the second game.

Dutch Raikuna

Speaking of SEGA, I picked up the original Valkyria Chronicles on Switch after watching someone stream it a few times.

This game's pretty fun ngl.
I applaud your taste in trying it. It's a great game despite some need of a grind and difficultly spikes.

And it has Alicia Melchiott who is super cool in the game. Man we need a Sega vs Capcom game or something. So many Sega characters would also be perfect for Smash.

D

Deleted member

this is probably the closest recreation I've seen of the Water Realm, minus a few details like the gaps in between the pipes that you have to accelerate through towards the beginning.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I applaud your taste in trying it. It's a great game despite some need of a grind and difficultly spikes.

And it has Alicia Melchiott who is super cool in the game. Man we need a Sega vs Capcom game or something. So many Sega characters would also be perfect for Smash.
It's also kinda cool in that it's a sort of but not really a "Skies of arcadia 2"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
“Hello, I’d like some papers to legal adopt this child”
View attachment 303122
I hate how I could picture him saying this...ever since that one Comic Con dialogue special they had
He’s a criminal mastermind. He likely has stand ins and face actors for things he can’t do in public.
well he's been in public without the Kuro Kabuto many times before, with the most noticeable being when he gained Xever. Tho ever since it was stolen he stopped not wearing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom