• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

After a couple days of getting through basic 3D World, I’ve finally gotten around to Bowser’s Fury.

Holy Cannoli, I love it. It’s like a mini Mario Odyssey, and I adore Mario Odyssey. Open World Sandbox Mario is the best, dude.
Glad to see someone who also loved the approach Odyssey had.

I also really like the twist of the Bowser segments where everything goes Dark and you have to survive either for a specific period of time or by collecting the suns. Makes the whole experience more powerful.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Glad to see someone who also loved the approach Odyssey had.

I also really like the twist of the Bowser segments where everything goes Dark and you have to survive either for a specific period of time or by collecting the suns. Makes the whole experience more powerful.
I adds a level of intensity you don’t really find in Mario games. It’s almost like a horror game (though obviously not quite) with a monster that’s constantly after you.

D

Deleted member

I adds a level of intensity you don’t really find in Mario games. It’s almost like a horror game (though obviously not quite) with a monster that’s constantly after you.
Exactly.

It also reminds me of the SA-X from Metroid Fusion now that I think about It. Which may also be another factor as to why I like the concept so much.

Hopefully they experiment with similar ideas in future 3D Mario games.

D

Deleted member

Bowser’s Fury is pretty much just a mini odyssey world with a cool gimmick and I love it

Honestly might buy the collection just for it

D

Deleted member

Out of all the Wii U ports I played, Super Mario 3D World just is the best one out of them so far.

They included a good chunk of Gameplay tweaks to the characters, they overhauled the entire sticker gimmick to function in interesting ways on the Switch, they redid stage elements to work on the system, they expanded the Captain Toad minigames by adding co-op and all of that while coming with a whole new expansion which adds even more new stuff.

Makes ports such as New Super Mario Bros U look even more useless.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Putting cool and interesting bonuses in the game celebrating Mario’s history-
:sadsheep:

Putting cool and interesting bonuses in the Wii U port-
:happysheep:
As a collection of ports, 3D All Stars is quite good. As a celebration of Mario's history?
1613348449795.png

Here ya go, Nintendo!

D

Deleted member

The only reason I bought 3D All Stars is because I never played Sunshine and I was curious about how they would make Mario Galaxy work on the Switch.

If you already own the three games included, It isn't really worth It at full price.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After a couple days of getting through basic 3D World, I’ve finally gotten around to Bowser’s Fury.

Holy Cannoli, I love it. It’s like a mini Mario Odyssey, and I adore Mario Odyssey. Open World Sandbox Mario is the best, dude.
*angry Leatherhead eyes”

RAAAAAAAAAWR!!!!!!

breaths no Snake. These are your friends. breaths

In all seriousness, I just got it for my birthday (which was a few weeks ago). I’m excited to play the base game again because I loved the original. Just disappointed we didn’t get more of it and instead we got something else entirely. Oh well.

D

Deleted member

Feels like I'm totally being ignored, but I'll say it anyway:
Where's my Sega All-Stars fighting game, you cowards? We've had tennis, racing and even a minigame collection, but the closest thing to a fighting game is that Dengeki Bunko game which Sega backgrounds (+Akira and Selveria in later versions).

I guess there was Fighters Megamix, but even that was pretty much just Virtua Fighter x Fighting Vipers with a few exceptions. And even then, it's only one game, from like 25 years ago. Goddammit Sega, you have such a rich IP library, rivaling Nintendo and Capcom in potential, yet you refuse to use it. Just think of the potential, like for example:
Eggman vs Arle
Sketch Turner vs Sakura
Sonic vs Alex Kidd
Bonanza Bros. vs Joker (if we're including Atlus property)

And hell, it's a surefire way to make your more obscure IPs more well known to a broader audience. I mean, it worked for Marth and Roy in Melee.

I'd also take Person 5 Arena as a consolation prize, even if the chances of a playable Futaba are next to none.

D

Deleted member

A SEGA crossover fighting game would have the best soundtrack ever done for a videogame.

We would have Jet Set Radio music, Bayonetta music, Sonic music, freaking Persona music, Sakura Wars music and maybe if we get lucky Phantasy Zone tracks.

I dare say the music selection could potentially rival Smash's if done properly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Feels like I'm totally being ignored, but I'll say it anyway:
Where's my Sega All-Stars fighting game, you cowards? We've had tennis, racing and even a minigame collection, but the closest thing to a fighting game is that Dengeki Bunko game which Sega backgrounds (+Akira and Selveria in later versions).

I guess there was Fighters Megamix, but even that was pretty much just Virtua Fighter x Fighting Vipers with a few exceptions. And even then, it's only one game, from like 25 years ago. Goddammit Sega, you have such a rich IP library, rivaling Nintendo and Capcom in potential, yet you refuse to use it. Just think of the potential, like for example:
Eggman vs Arle
Sketch Turner vs Sakura
Sonic vs Alex Kidd
Bonanza Bros. vs Joker (if we're including Atlus property)

And hell, it's a surefire way to make your more obscure IPs more well known to a broader audience. I mean, it worked for Marth and Roy in Melee.

I'd also take Person 5 Arena as a consolation prize, even if the chances of a playable Futaba are next to none.
I could see something like this happening at some point, if not just more Sega characters eventually making their way over to Smash. Sega's been in a good upswing lately with quality content and they're starting to delve into their IP catalog again, so I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer to see some of these IPs get used again.

A fighting game would legit be dope, though. Give to Arc System Works and I'd totally be down.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Smash Bros. style needs to become more popular. So many potential companies that could do the gameplay given Cartoon Network, Sony, and TMNT (Developed by Ubisoft) have done it.

Disney (Yes I know that was originally planned)
Microsoft
Nick
Sega

To list a few.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Karai doesn't really have that kind of relationship with Splinter. And the two aren't biologically related. So, I see no issues. And clearly, neither did the writers because Leo mentions he's dating Karai in one of the Season 5 episodes.
Snake...they are in a permanent Step Brother and Step Sister relationship by the end of season 4

...I'm pretty sure that's still quite in the category of the naughty "i" word in most places
Before the day ends, I wanna ask what everyone’s favorite fictional couples/ships are?
Spidey and MJ...easy pick

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake...they are in a permanent Step Brother and Step Sister relationship by the end of season 4

...I'm pretty sure that's still quite in the category of the naughty "i" word in most places

Spidey and MJ...easy pick
Dude. In Season FIVE, when all of the characters are talking about their love interests (Donnie and April, Mikey and Renet, Raph and Mona), Leo then talks about Karai implying they are dating.

D

Deleted member

I could see something like this happening at some point, if not just more Sega characters eventually making their way over to Smash. Sega's been in a good upswing lately with quality content and they're starting to delve into their IP catalog again, so I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer to see some of these IPs get used again.

A fighting game would legit be dope, though. Give to Arc System Works and I'd totally be down.
No thanks. It might be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I like them, Arc System Works doesn't need to do every 2d fighting game, it runs the risk of oversaturation. If anything, I'm curious how an in-house fighting game made by Sega would be like. After all Virtua Fighter was a huge deal back in the day and seeing them tackle a 2d fighter instead could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom