• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, since that thing seems to be solved already (just need to see if Noipoi will see the thing I sent to him, but that's beyond the point), let's talk about what is currently my favourite meme of 2021:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I appreciate both of the posts and It is true that there are too many times when I let anxiety get too much into me.

That said, the biggest reason I decided to log off these past days was the post Speed Weed Speed Weed made. Honestly, with all the mental stress I had that day and my father being really annoying that day... Speed Weed's post came to me as if he was for some reason trying to ratio me over wanting a Fire Emblem ride or something.

Like, maybe that wasn't the thing at all. But between the ****posty nature of the post, the amount of likes It got and how Speed Weed basically ignored my reply to said post... Yeah, It gave me very unwelcoming vibes.

So yeah, hopefully It wasn't that at all, but rather than angry I was kinda dissapointed.

Hopefully we manage to solve this thing as soon as possible.

Weird, I thought you would be pissed as you didn't check the Twitter DM I sent you today.

Before you ask, it's not an important thing. Just something I thought you would appreciate when reading It.
Honestly, I didn’t even get a notification.

But I just read it, and I wanna thank you for sending me that. Very thoughtful of you, bud.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've been conceptualizing boss themes for my game. Each boss is pretty different, so each theme has a different genre. One of them has a sad, orchestral theme, for example, while others have rock themes, techno themes, tribal themes, etc. Naming these is also quite fun. Luckily we got a very talented composer on board to make these tracks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I swear the upload image function is getting worse by the day.

That aside, feeling a bit down again, but it could be because it's late here, so gonna try to relax where I can.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!

*how was the fall?

IF YOU WANNA LOOK AROUND...

*how was the fall?

SANS, PLEASE STICK TO THE LYRICS!

*how was the fall?

SANS...!

*how was the fall?

OH MY GOSH, STOP IT, SANS!

*how was the fall?
Yo, is that freakin' Lancer & Gasper from Unrelated talking to each other?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been conceptualizing boss themes for my game. Each boss is pretty different, so each theme has a different genre. One of them has a sad, orchestral theme, for example, while others have rock themes, techno themes, tribal themes, etc. Naming these is also quite fun. Luckily we got a very talented composer on board to make these tracks.
Oh that’s cool!

I think I want each boss in my project to have the same theme, but with different instrumentation. It works with the lore, with them being separate parts of the same whole, and I just think it’s neat.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if anyone here read the profile post, but I spent the day helping out two internet friends and two college partners In dealing with anxiety.

Mostly because during the past years every Valentine's Day my anxiety made me feel really lonely as all my old IRL friends spent the day with their couples and were unavailable for most of the day. And I supposed I wasn't the only one who dealt with stuff like that.

So I reached out to the four of them, and I talked about my feelings regarding all this, how even if our minds deceive us we aren't necessarily alone and all in all offering myself to the four of them as someone who they can Talk with anytime they want to vent out stuff.

It went really well. They all appreciated the time I took writing the posts, most of them talked with me about what we were doing today to help cope with everything and shared funny or cute images.

So yeah, so glad that this Valentine's Day I didn't feel as lonely as in the past years by helping others.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh that’s cool!

I think I want each boss in my project to have the same theme, but with different instrumentation. It works with the lore, with them being separate parts of the same whole, and I just think it’s neat.
Ohhhh that's smart. Yeah we usually try to add some of the character's details and stuff like that into the track where we can as well. The sad, orchestral track, for example, belongs to a character who once played the violin, so a violin leads his boss theme. We're still working on the track, and that's a bit more of a concept, so the instrument leading the track is still subject to change.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, since that thing seems to be solved already (just need to see if Noipoi will see the thing I sent to him, but that's beyond the point), let's talk about what is currently my favourite meme of 2021:
As a member of the Rebel Alliance I must speak out against this blatant Empirial propaganda.

The Empire is totally NOT chill, dudes. Don't believe this man's lies.

D

Deleted member

I need to start thinking about how I’m gonna make my game and maybe get a prototype going tbh

Making the combat system will probably be a nightmare but god damn if I don’t shoehorn in cards somehow I’m going to regret it

also need to start thinking of a plot but that can wait until I have a rough idea down

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Calamity’s music slaps
that is all

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Finally got my power back after it went out last night. Outages ****ing suck, bros.

So, how's everyone doin' today?
Just shaved off my beard for tomorrow's college classes.

Hopefully my hurt heel doesn't cause me too much trouble getting inside the classes tomorrow.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ve been waiting for this!
Not much a fan of basically fanficiton lore but it was nice animation.

Also the Game Theory reference to the "my daughter from the future" note on Rosalina's picture was kinda funny, wasn't expecting that. Surprised I even remembered that being a thing.

Reactions: Z25

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, finished Omori. I’m not exactly sure how to word my thoughts in a way that does this game justice, but I loved every second of it. This game really manages to convey human emotion in a way I haven’t seen any other game do.
Like Hero and his
RWHero8.png

dezeray112

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Sometimes I really do like to look at these concepts and content that has been cut from the final product as it is particularly interesting.
Since I was really young I liked to research onto that stuff.

Seeing different official versions of really well known games always amazed me. And the content which never was.

That's why whenever I see news about a new prototype build of any game getting found I get excited

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Ayo so we were shooting the **** about potential stages I could add to my PSASBR2 concept like a week or two ago, and I made some significant progress about potential stages in the meantime, and since you seemed interested back then--

Worth noting that I've redone the roster since then, but ehhhhhh for some reason I ain't feeling like showing it off yet

-The "both normal stages and crossover stages" part from the OG post is gone, focus is solely on crossover stages again

-I feel like almost every stage from last game coming back might be a little too ambitious looking back so I've decided to scale it down to just a few of the most memorable ones coming back under a specific "past stages" branding like how Melee and Brawl did it. I think a good selection would be: Hades, Metropolis, Dreamscape, Sandover Village and the Dojo

-Each series represented in the roster gets a new stage or at the very least a crossover appearance in another one

-God of War is the only one to get more than one new stage: one from Dad of Boi and one from the classic games. I haven't done my research on the former yet, but I think a good one for the latter would be a ship on its way to Athens

-The series from last game that didn't get to have stages are getting ones: Fat Princess, Tekken, DMC, Gravity Rush, etc

-On that note, I really liked the unique twist the Time Station stage from last game had where instead of following the crossover formula the rest of the stages had, you had a location from one game and then stuff from a bunch of other games popping in momentarily. I think a good thematic fit for a successor to this idea would be Toro's house from Doko Demo Issyo

-Starship Phoenix from Ratchet and Clank crossing over with Rogue Galaxy

-I wanted to have a stage set in Midgar here of course, but Smash already covered the general city approach and the potential "you fight on the train" angle already has its niche covered by the return of the scrapped Uncharted train stage from last game, so instead I decided to have it take place in the intro's main setpiece - that being the infiltration of the Mako Reactors. That or we just do a Nibelheim stage, that works too

-Lightning round of stages from playable series whose crossovers I haven't set in stone yet: Haven City from Jak and Daxter, St. Ignatius from inFamous, Devil May Cry from, well, Devil May Cry, the Stained Glass Mausoleum (i think that was its name?) from MediEvil, the Beard Burger restaurant from PaRappa 2, N. Sanity Beach from Crash Bandicoot, Rupture Farms from Oddworld, Capital Vellweb from Legend of Dragoon

-Yharnam from Bloodborne crossing over with Ghost of Tsushima

-Horizon Zero Dawn stage crossing over with The Last Guardian

-The Last of Us stage crossing over with either Shadow of the Colossus or War of the Monsters

-Days Gone stage crossing over with Katamari (the token goofy crossover)

-Maybe a stage taking place on a PS1, and there's cameos from the dinosaur and manta from Demo 1

-Other first-party stuff without playable characters that I wanna do something with: I think something from Flower or ModNation Racers could be interesting, and I really wanna do something with Puppeteer

-This is a joke suggestion, I do not intend to actually include this but I wanted to throw it out there anyway for ****s and giggles: The driving test level from PaRappa the Rapper crossing over with Motorstorm Apocalypse

-I like the idea of a potential crossover invasion being Psycho Mantis from MGS coming in, but I don't know where to set that yet

D

Deleted member

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Ayo so we were shooting the **** about potential stages I could add to my PSASBR2 concept like a week or two ago, and I made some significant progress about potential stages in the meantime, and since you seemed interested back then--

Worth noting that I've redone the roster since then, but ehhhhhh for some reason I ain't feeling like showing it off yet

-The "both normal stages and crossover stages" part from the OG post is gone, focus is solely on crossover stages again

-I feel like almost every stage from last game coming back might be a little too ambitious looking back so I've decided to scale it down to just a few of the most memorable ones coming back under a specific "past stages" branding like how Melee and Brawl did it. I think a good selection would be: Hades, Metropolis, Dreamscape, Sandover Village and the Dojo

-Each series represented in the roster gets a new stage or at the very least a crossover appearance in another one

-God of War is the only one to get more than one new stage: one from Dad of Boi and one from the classic games. I haven't done my research on the former yet, but I think a good one for the latter would be a ship on its way to Athens

-The series from last game that didn't get to have stages are getting ones: Fat Princess, Tekken, DMC, Gravity Rush, etc

-On that note, I really liked the unique twist the Time Station stage from last game had where instead of following the crossover formula the rest of the stages had, you had a location from one game and then stuff from a bunch of other games popping in momentarily. I think a good thematic fit for a successor to this idea would be Toro's house from Doko Demo Issyo

-Starship Phoenix from Ratchet and Clank crossing over with Rogue Galaxy

-I wanted to have a stage set in Midgar here of course, but Smash already covered the general city approach and the potential "you fight on the train" angle already has its niche covered by the return of the scrapped Uncharted train stage from last game, so instead I decided to have it take place in the intro's main setpiece - that being the infiltration of the Mako Reactors. That or we just do a Nibelheim stage, that works too

-Lightning round of stages from playable series whose crossovers I haven't set in stone yet: Haven City from Jak and Daxter, St. Ignatius from inFamous, Devil May Cry from, well, Devil May Cry, the Stained Glass Mausoleum (i think that was its name?) from MediEvil, the Beard Burger restaurant from PaRappa 2, N. Sanity Beach from Crash Bandicoot, Rupture Farms from Oddworld, Capital Vellweb from Legend of Dragoon

-Yharnam from Bloodborne crossing over with Ghost of Tsushima

-Horizon Zero Dawn stage crossing over with The Last Guardian

-The Last of Us stage crossing over with either Shadow of the Colossus or War of the Monsters

-Days Gone stage crossing over with Katamari (the token goofy crossover)

-Maybe a stage taking place on a PS1, and there's cameos from the dinosaur and manta from Demo 1

-Other first-party stuff without playable characters that I wanna do something with: I think something from Flower or ModNation Racers could be interesting, and I really wanna do something with Puppeteer

-This is a joke suggestion, I do not intend to actually include this but I wanted to throw it out there anyway for ****s and giggles: The driving test level from PaRappa the Rapper crossing over with Motorstorm Apocalypse

-I like the idea of a potential crossover invasion being Psycho Mantis from MGS coming in, but I don't know where to set that yet
Not sure how likely It would be, but I would like a stage which mixes Destiny Island from Kingdom Hearts 1 with Mementos from Persona 5 (or at least Mementos in a way similar to the Smash Bros stage).

Like maybe Riku and Kairi are chilling in the background of the stage when suddenly a breach opens up revealing parts of Mementos which releases various personas and those guard enemies from the Game into the island. And we see Riku and Kairi trying to fight them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom