• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, genuine question:

Am I the only person that likes to eat Salami and Pepperoni by itself more than as a topping?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Also, if it wasn't obvious from my posts, I still think Final Fantasy 7 still holds up to this day.

There are still better RPGs I played, but this one is still great.
It's no Chrono Trigger, but it's definitely in my top 3 RPGs. It's a dang fine game.

I still need to finish the Remake. I'm slowly going through it and loving every second, but I probably won't focus on it fully until after I pick Age of Calamity back up and finish that and get further in D2's latest season.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know that this thread is still pissed af at me over the thing from a few days ago, but I just wanted to share these two pictures I took of my uncle's cat playing with my shoe from some days ago to osby osby as I find them too cute to not be seen:

20210214_181951.jpg

20210214_182017.jpg

That is all, now I will log off again.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don't have a fancy image, but this would be my starter tier list.
S: Meganium, Torterra, Serperior, Greninja, Decidueye, Primarina
A: Venusaur, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Swampert, Empoleon, Incineroar, Rillaboom
B: Charizard, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Samurott, Chesnaught, Cinderace
C: Infernape, Emboar, Delphox, Inteleon

S Tier Explanation: I may or may not have a Grass starter bias. Anyways, Meganium and Torterra are just the examples of good design. Meganium not be a standout, but it works that way honestly. Torterra's whole "forest on it's back" thing is also incredible design wise, not to mention it's rather useful. Serperior similarly has a good design and good offensive prowess. Greninja doesn't need explanation, Decidueye looks awesome, and I just like Primarina's design.

A Tier Explanation: All the Pokemon here have good designs and abilities, but I don't like them as much as the S Tier picks, I just like the designs and abilities of these guys.

B Tier Explanation: I like Charizard, but its design is kind of boring nowadays, while Blastoise is good but not great honestly. Sceptile is not very good in battle, Samurott is a downgrade from Dewott in some senses, Chesnaught is forgettable, and Cinderace isn't the best design, but not the worst either.

C Tier Explanation: Infernape, Emboar, and Delphox's designs are not very good, and are very much downgrades from the pre evos. Inteleon also just looks weird, and not in a good way.

Explanations in short.

D

Deleted member

I know that this thread is still pissed af at me over the thing from a few days ago, but I just wanted to share these two pictures I took of my uncle's cat playing with my shoe from some days ago to osby osby as I find them too cute to not be seen:

View attachment 303069

I think you’re overthinking how much everyone “hates” you over a silly scwabble that happened days ago now, and it sucks to see you beat yourself up over such a minor disagreement.(spoiler: we don’t hate you.)

Nice cat though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

View attachment 303069

I love the cat, but I'm lost. What happened the other day?

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 303069

Who’s pissed? I’m not pissed.

I’ll piss on anyone who is pissed.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was a video editor and director for a channel, and I was expected to make videos in three hours, for no pay. Then I was demoted after expressing my issues because “The grind wasn’t for me”.
View attachment 302993
My mental health went through suffering so I could pump out videos for this lad and this is how I’m treated?
So, update on this. I left the channel this morning. Frankly I'm getting nothing from working under this dude, and I feel a lot better not working for him. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Lamperouge Lamperouge . @Bakugan2556, Shroob Shroob , TheMightyP TheMightyP , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , I appreciate the input, y'all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love the cat, but I'm lost. What happened the other day?

TL:DR version:
JDC said some stuff about the Doom 2016 port on switch that were weird.

Some peoples asked questions & corrected him on some point he got wrong. While there was alot of peoples talking about it, I don't think anyone was really piss at him, but seem he took it quite badly.

I know you're having a hard time @JDCabrera , but trust me & other folks that we aren't angry, we all make mistakes, and you shouldn't beat yourself over it. You don't have to comeback right this moment, but don't let your anxiety take over your mind.
So, update on this. I left the channel this morning. Frankly I'm getting nothing from working under this dude, and I feel a lot better not working for him. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Lamperouge Lamperouge . @Bakugan2556, Shroob Shroob , TheMightyP TheMightyP , Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna , I appreciate the input, y'all.
Wow, what happened?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The post I quoted has the summary. If you're asking for more details, I don't mind talking about that, though I don't wanna disclose the channel's name.
I readed but I was still confused on some details, but I think it's better I don't ask for more.

Shame you got treated like dirt, hope you be able to have more fun on your own.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 303069

People have arguments in this thread all the time. As long as you're civil about it, disagreements every now and then are a healthy and normal part of interacting with people. Opposing arguments usually aren't meant as personal attacks - at least not in this thread.

I have social anxiety. I get what it's like to have these irrational fears about what people are thinking about me. I know it's easier said then done, but the only way to move past that is to realize those fears are irrational keep putting yourself out there even when it's a bit uncomfortable.

That said I don't want to pressure you into coming to this thread if you really don't want to, but if you ever have something to say or share with you then by all means do it! Most of us are mature enough to let go of a little disagreement. Have a little bit of faith.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I totally forgot the fact that April in the 2012 series was such a ****ing tease

D

Deleted member

Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I appreciate both of the posts and It is true that there are too many times when I let anxiety get too much into me.

That said, the biggest reason I decided to log off these past days was the post Speed Weed Speed Weed made. Honestly, with all the mental stress I had that day and my father being really annoying that day... Speed Weed's post came to me as if he was for some reason trying to ratio me over wanting a Fire Emblem ride or something.

Like, maybe that wasn't the thing at all. But between the ****posty nature of the post, the amount of likes It got and how Speed Weed basically ignored my reply to said post... Yeah, It gave me very unwelcoming vibes.

So yeah, hopefully It wasn't that at all, but rather than angry I was kinda dissapointed.

Hopefully we manage to solve this thing as soon as possible.

Weird, I thought you would be pissed as you didn't check the Twitter DM I sent you today.

Before you ask, it's not an important thing. Just something I thought you would appreciate when reading It.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
how do you mean?
easy...never told Donnie she wasn't interested in him beyond a friendship. Then when he was accepting to move on...April hooked him right back into her hands.

Ok sure they became an item at the end of the show, but damn did April play too much. Oh well...Karai is better anyways (in both 2012 and Rise)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I appreciate both of the posts and It is true that there are too many times when I let anxiety get too much into me.

That said, the biggest reason I decided to log off these past days was the post Speed Weed Speed Weed made. Honestly, with all the mental stress I had that day and my father being really annoying that day... Speed Weed's post came to me as if he was for some reason trying to ratio me over wanting a Fire Emblem ride or something.

Like, maybe that wasn't the thing at all. But between the ****posty nature of the post, the amount of likes It got and how Speed Weed basically ignored my reply to said post... Yeah, It gave me very unwelcoming vibes.

So yeah, hopefully It wasn't that at all, but rather than angry I was kinda dissapointed.

Weird, I thought you would be pissed as you didn't check the Twitter DM I sent you today.

Before you ask, it's not an important thing. Just something I thought you would appreciate when reading It.
Gonna wait on speed weed side of the story, but I can understand that feeling of thinking you said somethin' dumb or that the other person is mad at you because you said a thing and you get no feedback/nothing in return. Which make your anxiety running like a headless chicken.

Thing is tho, most of the time I say, is that it's just that: nothing. Some peoples forget to answer, or don't want to answer for reasons that may be trivial or for the best (like they had a bad day and don't want to say a mean thing, or that they're too tired due to work, etc..)

It happen alot at time, yeah, and it can be a downer when it happen alot & when you're not feeling well, but you shouldn't take it as peoples being angry at you unless they say it upfront, and so far, no one as shown sign of being mad at you.

No one is perfect, we all do dumb stuff, but the best sign that peoples care about you is when you get feedback on stuff you got wrong & end up learning better for next time. There's always way to improve, and while it's true your personal life ain't the best atm, I know you can pull it through if you just don't give up.

You ain't alone, amigo.

Also i'm not very good at those kind of serious long post so excuse me if I got stuff wrong or weird.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
easy...never told Donnie she wasn't interested in him beyond a friendship. Then when he was accepting to move on...April hooked him right back into her hands.
Yeah kinda didn’t like how much April lead him along as well as how much Donnie simped for her. Dragged down both characters for me.

I honestly think Rise is the best version of their relationship.

D

Deleted member

Gonna wait on speed weed side of the story, but I can understand that feeling of thinking you said somethin' dumb or that the other person is mad at you because you said a thing and you get no feedback/nothing in return. Which make your anxiety running like a headless chicken.

Thing is tho, most of the time I say, is that it's just that: nothing. Some peoples forget to answer, or don't want to answer for reasons that may be trivial or for the best (like they had a bad day and don't want to say a mean thing, or that they're too tired due to work, etc..)

It happen alot at time, yeah, and it can be a downer when it happen alot & when you're not feeling well, but you shouldn't take it as peoples being angry at you unless they say it upfront, and so far, no one as shown sign of being mad at you.

No one is perfect, we all do dumb stuff, but the best sign that peoples care about you is when you get feedback on stuff you got wrong & end up learning better for next time. There's always way to improve, and while it's true your personal life ain't the best atm, I know you can pull it through if you just don't give up.

You ain't alone, amigo.

Also i'm not very good at those kind of serious long post so excuse me if I got stuff wrong or weird.
It's ok Metal X, I understood the post.

And yeah, maybe if It was true people here hated me they wouldn't even bother trying to reach out to me. And people are reaching out to me right now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Metal Shop X ZephyrZ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I appreciate both of the posts and It is true that there are too many times when I let anxiety get too much into me.

That said, the biggest reason I decided to log off these past days was the post Speed Weed Speed Weed Speed Weed Speed Weed made. Honestly, with all the mental stress I had that day and my father being really annoying that day... Speed Weed's post came to me as if he was for some reason trying to ratio me over wanting a Fire Emblem ride or something.

Did you see his apology before? I doubt he would have done that if he was trying to mock or upset you.
**** man, I'm really sorry I came across that way. Rest assured, it was a simple funny
Speed Weed is a bit of a jokester. He read your post about an FE attraction and had a silly idea to share. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but usually when someone apologizes like this they're genuinely sorry.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ok sure they became an item at the end of the show, but damn did April play too much. Oh well...Karai is better anyways (in both 2012 and Rise)
I mean... I think part of that was her probably discovering if she was actually into it herself. I can't be sure, but I imagine it's a pretty lengthy process of self discovery to decide "I am attracted to this Mutant Turtle". Karai, well, she was already a mutant snake before she seriously considered a relationship with Leo.

D

Deleted member

Did you see his apology before? I doubt he would have done that if he was trying to mock or upset you.

Speed Weed is a bit of a jokester. He read your post about an FE attraction and had a silly idea to share. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but usually when someone apologizes like this they're genuinely sorry.
I didn't see the reply, true.

I already went offline that day before I got to see the reply.

Must admit that I was being a coward too because I didn't know well how to handle the whole thing.

Edit: forgot to add, I Accept the apology Speed Weed Speed Weed

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Man, I knew that Speed said something but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Doh my lack of brain power. :132:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom