• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Today would've been the release of Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in cinemas had the pandemic not occured.

I do hope I'll be able to watch it somehow hopefully within five months time if to does come without any delay (although I have a feeling it might pending on the circumstances.)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man why is it the days I make the biggest breakthroughs in stuff are the days I get ignored on here or by IRL friends.

Started walking my dog after finally being trusted after about 10 years, eating yogurt and protein powder finally, writing another two pages in my story in one sitting which is the first time since I had my health anxiety breakdown and decided on my next game to play.

I know people aren't doing it on purpose, I'm well aware of that but always feels like some crazy "higher power exchange rate" thing every time this happens like a monkey's paw. Not causing drama and it's probably lockdown is really, really getting to me but still. Also in which case to the lockdown "damn you but I understand it."

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So it's around 28 degrees here and going down

Anyone got a functioning heater
Cramped room, PlayStation or high end PC for warmth and have Cup Noodles and coffee, it works.

It's about that temperature where I am here in Ireland even worse when you live next to the sea with the wind chill. I'm surprised a dog can go to the toilet in that cold or anything else.

The fact that NO ONE has voted for Gen 9 yet, tells a lot about our faith in TPC/GF atm!!
Too soon. Like three years at least too soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The fact that NO ONE has voted for Gen 9 yet, tells a lot about our faith in TPC/GF atm!!
After Sword and Shield I’ve lost most desire to see Gen 9 anytime soon, especially when the side games like the Mystery Dungeon remake look almost objectively better(although that’s more to do with them having more time to make them I’d wager)

give GF all the time they need, don’t rush it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine if a whole day was spent with everyone talking about one singular topic
B48F67EF-2F19-49E5-845B-FA7A2FF3C62B.jpeg

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Corporations like gamefreak don't really care abut those complaints tho.
They don't always bury their heads in the sand, even though their responses to complaints can be extreme. The excessive amount of Charizard pandering? That's the result of people disliking Unova strictly focusing on new Pokemon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Corporations like gamefreak don't really care abut those complaints tho.
A lot of the issues people have with modern Pokémon are direct responses to criticism.

The difficulty and region design? A lot of kids got stuck in Gen 4, so they toned down the puzzles and difficulty more and more with each gen.

Kanto pandering? People were pissed there weren’t any Kanto Pokémon in gen 5. When they pandered to Kanto in gen 6, it made them money. So they continued.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It kinda hurts going back to old YouTube videos that you used to think were the absolute pinnacle of comedy while growing up and not expressing any kind of reaction upon re-watching them over a decade later.

Looking at you, Smosh.
My comedy tastes were ass.

But the best surprises are when you go back to something you thought was funny as a kid, and it’s still funny.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It kinda hurts going back to old YouTube videos that you used to think were the absolute pinnacle of comedy while growing up and not expressing any kind of reaction upon re-watching them over a decade later.

Looking at you, Smosh.
Smosh right now is pretty funny if you cut them perfectly short. :jojo:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dutch Raikuna

Just posting it here but my god I had one of the biggest eureka moments when it comes to my story. I'm finally able to answer myself regarding something for the first time in about two years.

We're more likely to see GTA6 this year, than we are to get Gen...

Jk, we're never getting GTA 6.
Rather have Red Dead 3, 4 and 5 before another GTA. GTA 5 is a bit overrated IMO.

I mean sure, driving around the loops in GTA is fun but have you tried being nice to someone in Red Dead only for them to be an ass to you which always leads you into a fight with the entire town?

I can't even remember what I found funny on YT ten years ago. Probably the exact same as now. Remembering their are far more stupid people than me who get themselves a Darwin Award or close.

I never really found YouTubers funny really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking at you, Smosh.
I used to think Ssundee and his crew were amazing but looking back all the jokes they make are kindergarten level humor and it’s just not funny anymore.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't know if it's because I was already an adult by that time, but I never found Smosh funny. :yoshi:
I mean, yeah, that's probably exactly why, but I was a dorky freshman in high school when I started watching them and I thought **** like Pokemon in Real Life was a masterpiece of humor and could never be topped. There's no telling how many times I watched those videos through the Wii's internet browser around my parents, my dad especially.

I'm full of shame and regret for subjecting them to it so many times.

Dutch Raikuna

To me there will always be two things eternally funny:

1. Darwin Awards and seeing people get the ultimate prize of stupidity.

2. Japanese Game Shows like MXC/Takeshi's Castle.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotten back from watching Gamera 2. Great film as usual, as good as 1 and 3!

Watching it again, it just amazes me how much the MonsterVerse took from the Heisei Gamera Trilogy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why Gamera 2: Attack of Legion and Godzilla: King of the Monsters are the same movie.

Both films have humanity deciding to join forces with the heroic monster against a much greater threat. Both of the antagonistic kaiju are extraterrestrial monsters who want to reshape the earth to fit their needs with an army of minions at their disposal. The heroic kaiju is nearly killed before his final encounter with his enemy, but comes back to life. With the assistance of humanity and a powerful final attack, the heroic monster is victorious in his final clash with his foe. At the end of the film, both humanity and the heroic monster are in an uneasy alliance, but many question how long it will last.

D

Deleted member

Bold to assume I know what Smosh is, I wasn’t allowed to watch YouTube.
I remember how as a kid I would sometimes take my 3ds and literally hide under my bed because my mom didn’t like me watching youtube.

One time I even managed to break my IOS phone and get onto a web browser from a news article(in the news app no less) even though she had disabled it. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom