• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
one of the hardest things about trying to pick up characters with special inputs like Ryu is that I can’t seem to input them both directions outside of sheer luck
It's funny. You'd think being able to do it in one direction would mean you could just as easily do it in reverse, but that's just not how our brains work. It's like trying to talk backwards.

The only solution is to practice it going in both directions.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want Mickey Mouse to have his own Duck Tales/Goof Troop.

He’s an egotistical movie star who suddenly finds out he has an illegitimate child from his ex gf and now he’s gotta take care of her. They have wacky Hollywood adventures.

Call it Mouse Trapped.
Mickey is gonna be public domain in a few years. There’s nothing stopping this from being real once that happens

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Next week will be one year since the Sonic movie came out.

My thoughts on it.

Watchable fun timewaster at best that actually felt like a 90s throwback and Jim Carrey nailing the role as Robotnik, biggest gripe being the plot being too simple especially when it could have worked for an original film, same premise but an original alien character from said planet that escaped his/hers.

At the same time though, maybe that was the intention, as supposedly we get more of these films perhaps the more they'll actually become more like we see in the games notably Mobius being the focus setting.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

My thoughts on it.

Watchable fun timewaster at best that actually felt like a 90s throwback, biggest gripe being the plot being too simple when it could have worked for an original film, same premise but alien from said planet that escaped his/hers.

At the same time though, maybe that was the intention, as supposedly we get more of these films perhaps the more they'll actually become more like we see in the games notably Mobius being the focus setting.
I just hope the sequel has Tails taking Sonic back to his world, where they can mess around in Sonic levels, maybe meet Knuckles. The things I wanted to see in a Sonic movie in the first place.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought so too but I looked it up to check and later versions of Mickey go into the public domain the year after.
Knowing Disney and their influence on the whole copyrights, they're gonna find a loophole around this and still hold the rights to their character 100 years from now.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

My thoughts on it.

Watchable fun timewaster at best that actually felt like a 90s throwback and Jim Carrey nailing the role as Robotnik, biggest gripe being the plot being too simple especially when it could have worked for an original film, same premise but an original alien character from said planet that escaped his/hers.

Ain't Mobius just a western thing for the earlier comics and cartoons?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i remember hearing somewhere that disney might hold off on mucking up the copyright system, because the loss of steamboat willie could be paid for tenfold by getting the public domain rights to King Kong, Batman, and Superman. They would then have a year and a half before they have to muck it up again, so they don't lose Captain America.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
i remember hearing somewhere that disney might hold off on mucking up the copyright system, because the loss of steamboat willie could be paid for tenfold by getting the public domain rights to King Kong, Batman, and Superman. They would then have a year and a half before they have to muck it up again, so they don't lose Captain America.
Tch. As if that'll happen knowing it's Disney. Pfft.

It's Disney, they always manage to find a loophole through everything.
Mickey Mouse will go into the public domain when I find love.
You're also more likely to see pigs fly or snow in hell than Mickey ever going into the public domain.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not too knowledgable on Sonic lore but clearly being this version is from a planet, its clearly Mobius.
From what I've researched so far, I'm fairly certain that Mobius isn't part of the official canon and was simply a western thing to tie in the classic games with the current cartoons and comics until the JPN canon was brought to the west with the Adventure games. Most of the time it's just referred to as "Sonic's World", and hell, some games clearly take place on Earth.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From what I've researched so far, I'm fairly certain that Mobius isn't part of the official canon and was simply a western thing to tie in the classic games with the current cartoons and comics until the JPN canon was brought to the west with the Adventure games. Most of the time it's just referred to as "Sonic's World", and hell, some games clearly take place on Earth.
So what's the planet called then? May as well call it Mobius as seen in some versions of Sonic taking place on a planet which those are also called Mobius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom