• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My favourite genre for music is basically anything so long I like it.

Why limit your choices when you could find a bop in any genres at any moments?

So long you know where to look, I don't really care what kind of song it is: if I like it, then it's good.
Because some genres generate music that resonates more with certain individuals than others.

I agree not to be closed minded but for some they will gravitate more to specific genres because through their own experiences that's where they've found the most music they've enjoyed.

I find myself going to hard rock/metal more often, but it doesn't mean I won't listen to electronica or pop music from time to time. But because of this preference I choose to explore rock/metal over other genres.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because some genres generate music that resonates more with certain individuals than others.

I agree not to be closed minded but for some they will gravitate more to specific genres because through their own experiences that's where they've found the most music they've enjoyed.

I find myself going to hard rock/metal more often, but it doesn't mean I won't listen to electronica or pop music from time to time. But because of this preference I choose to explore rock/metal over other genres.
I know that, I was more saying this to explain why I don't stuck around to 1 genre of music over others.

I also know some stuff resonate more with peoples than others, heck, I'm more into horror stuff than others genres. I just like to keep a open mind about the media around me so that I don't miss out on good stuff.

Really, if you prefer something more than the rest, that's perfectly normal, it's human as they say. Tho I will say that, opening yourself to other stuff from time to time can be a good experience if you're feeling sayyy, bored with a genre, but that's up to the person in question, not me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. The package just arrived and now I own the complete Ninja Turtles: Next Mutation series on DVD. Already have the entire 80s cartoon, the entire 2012 cartoon, the three classic movies, the CG movie, the Batman crossover movie, and the two Micheal Bay movies. Now all I'm missing is the 03 series and Rise and I will have every bit of Turtle media on DVD or Blu-Ray. Too bad those last two have yet to receive proper complete home media releases. Both will almost certainly come in time. Just wish that time was now.

Edit: Oh, and Half-Shell Heroes. I don't have that either.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I need to listen to more Jazz and Rock, particularly of the instrumental variety. Oh, and Celtic music. My mom played a lot of Celtic music when I was little so I have a taste for that.

Heck I just looked up "Celtic Rock" on Youtube and the first song that popped up was a banger.
Oh yeah, I've definitely got to listen to this stuff more.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Music tastes? 80s and 90s rock and stuff mainly with anime and game music.

Don't have a proper favourite song but my all time favourite piece of music probably has to be Terra's Theme from FFVI and Scars of Time from Chrono Cross.

Personal Thing: Had a mental crisis regarding my siblings today and a proper realisation that they will never properly talk to me again. I know the stuff I did down to heart by making them uncomfortable and being pretty selfish with stuff but my brain just can't process how to fix that.

Anyways cracks fingers this crowd and my three or so IRL friends is probably going to be my social circle for the next few months or until pandemic passes. Man almost 24 and this is how it goes for my life huh.

Still at least the hand I've been given has advantages and disadvantages. Think when you realise where, when and how you are born and grown up in is really the main point of thinking that life can't be all that bad. And character or so they say.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

This had me rolling

Noipoi

Howdy!

This had me rolling
Where’d they get that picture of my bedroom?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nexomon Extinction, a game very similar to Pokémon, added in an update options to have nuzlocke, randomizer, and among other things to spice up the game.

I still need to beat that game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm stuck watching a bunch of Dhar Mann videos...too good and cheesy to watch

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just in case anyone cares, because it's been on my mind of late.
We know Krang is going to be the main villain. And where there's Krang, there's mutants. That leads me to believe that two villains we've already been introduced to will become classic mutants from other eras of the franchise. The Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute will probably become Tokka and Rahzar (assuming they're not already like.. dead or something, the wiki doesn't say). I think something similar to the mutagen bomb in the IDW comics will occur, resulting in tonnes of new mutants. Many of them will only appear briefly and serve as cameos of other classic characters. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we got a bit of an extended moment with Bebop, Rocksteady, and Leatherhead. We might even see Baxter Stockboy become a fly.

I think that they're going to try to fit as much as they can into the movie as far as legacy characters go, even if only in cameo form, to make up for their premature cancellation. I'm also betting on an Usagi cameo. Something like... Krang is flipping through Dimensions on a monitor screen and we see him as one of the worlds Krang flips past.

I also think we'll get to see Rise Casey Jones in a more... traditional costume.

Now that I think of it... It wouldn't surprise me if the Fugitoid and Triceratons were involved.... Haley Joel Osmet's character might even BE the Fugitoid, this time he's on the run from Krang. The Triceratons would probably just be a cameo though. But they tend to show up in conjunction with Utrom/Krang stuff so...

I also think a pretty safe prediction is that everything I just predicted will almost certainly NOT happen.
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When my character is facing right, I can now wavebounce with about 50% consistency.

When my charactee is facing left, I can only wavebounce with about 5% consistency.

This might be one of the most frustrating things I've tried to do in Smash. But man, I really want to be able to use wavebounce shadow balls in neutral.

D

Deleted member

When my character is facing right, I can now wavebounce with about 50% consistency.

When my charactee is facing left, I can only wavebounce with about 5% consistency.

This might be one of the most frustrating things I've tried to do in Smash. But man, I really want to be able to use wavebounce shadow balls in neutral.
one of the hardest things about trying to pick up characters with special inputs like Ryu is that I can’t seem to input them both directions outside of sheer luck

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. HBO Max has Godzilla: King of Monsters, Kong Skull Island, and will eventually have Godzilla vs. Kong... but it doesn't have the 2014 Godzilla movie that STARTED the monsterverse! How am I supposed to catch up on the series without the beginning?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
OK. HBO Max has Godzilla: King of Monsters, Kong Skull Island, and will eventually have Godzilla vs. Kong... but it doesn't have the 2014 Godzilla movie that STARTED the monsterverse! How am I supposed to catch up on the series without the beginning?
Chronologically the first would be Kong: Skull Island. Its set in 1973 during the Vietnam War.

Wish I could get HBOMax myself but I'm on a budget and can't afford to pay for another streaming service.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Chronologically the first would be Kong: Skull Island. Its set in 1973 during the Vietnam War.
I tend to watch movies in the order they were released IRL. Because, while that tends not to be the order the story happens in, it is the order the filmmakers intended you to get the pieces in.

Plus I also have already seen Kong Skull Island. Watched it on an airplane.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I tend to watch movies in the order they were released IRL. Because, while that tends not to be the order the story happens in, it is the order the filmmakers intended you to get the pieces in.

Plus I also have already seen Kong Skull Island. Watched it on an airplane.
Ah.

What did you think of it? Fun movie?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I liked it. But I also don't remember much because I was fighting not to fall asleep as I flew home from Scotland (jet lag in that direction is easier to recover from if you don't sleep on the plane.
Given you liked it. I think rewatching it and seeing the whole movie again will be lots of fun. Loads of giant monster action.

Did you by any chance also meet Nessie while at Scotland? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom