• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I DIDNT MAKE THIS VIDEO I JUST WANTED TO SHOW THIS RIDICOULUS COMPARISION

Video Removed to not give him Attention

Being a **** to Fans is as bad as Killing People yeah this person has Problems!

And i know that Nintendo can be assholish but comparing them to North Korea is just a little bit to much

And i say this as a Person who is about to lose Games and Saves i still prefer this over being killed

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Got another birthday gift card. Brawlout and Nick Kart Racers 2 are now on my switch.
Rise is ending after their movie, and Nick don’t really give much of a damn about it, so them somehow doing a crossover would be shocking
Samurai Rabbit has been in production for a while (was announced in 2018). I’m saying if it does happen, it will be a holdover from when Nick was pushing that version

D

Deleted member

I don't know what to say about music.

I like music in general, but I can't choose a song or genre which I would refer to as my favourite.

I suppose Queen had great music, and there are some rap songs I like.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I don't really trust people who shun out any other forms of music and listen to exclusively VGM or Anime OST.

Before anyone gets mad, I used to be that type of guy, and I was annoying as **** during that phase. So it's half personal half not.
I’ve listened to a few songs that aren’t anime/game ost but I’ve never really found anything that I like. I like the beat of a decent portion but it’s usually the lyrics that I don’t like. Especially when they’re just nonsense sentences strung togheter, although that’s just my personal taste.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’ve listened to a few songs that aren’t anime/game ost but I’ve never really found anything that I like. I like the beat of a decent portion but it’s usually the lyrics that I don’t like. Especially when they’re just nonsense sentences strung togheter, although that’s just my personal taste.
Try finding instrumentals if you can.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh and also Pink, recently started listening to a lot of her music too. But really i'll listen to anything that's not Christian pop music. No hate to anyone that does, just something about growing up with that kinda music every Sunday and then every week day in my mom's car made me sick of it lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I DIDNT MAKE THIS VIDEO I JUST WANTED TO SHOW THIS RIDICOULUS COMPARISION
Being a **** to Fans is as bad as Killing People yeah this person has Problems!

And i know that Nintendo can be assholish but comparing them to North Korea is just a little bit to much

And i say this as a Person who is about to lose Games and Saves i still prefer this over being killed
Don't give them the attention. After last year and the start of this year, I have no patience for people who are that white privileged to compare something, especially our lockdown situation, to frickin' North Korea.

That venting out of the way, I don't mind other music from non-video game or anime when I do find something I like. I just often like my music vocal-less and like listening to the instruments.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we’re talking about music though, I do want to say that I really like the Bang Dream Girls bands(and jp music in general, traditional JP drums are amazing)

Psychic Lover is also another favorite of mine

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Don't give them the attention. After last year and the start of this year, I have no patience for people who are that white privileged to compare something, especially our lockdown situation, to frickin' North Korea.

That venting out of the way, I don't mind other music from non-video game or anime when I do find something I like. I just often like my music vocal-less and like listening to the instruments.
?????? Im White but this doesnt Mean im Priviledged

I have Aperger so yeah

I do Agree that i shouldnt give the maker of this Video Attention tho

D

Deleted member

Oh and also Pink, recently started listening to a lot of her music too. But really i'll listen to anything that's not Christian pop music. No hate to anyone that does, just something about growing up with that kinda music every Sunday and then every week day in my mom's car made me sick of it lol.
as a child my music selected was curated by my parents so I literally was only allowed to listen to christian rock and hip hop.

To this day I really don’t like them, no offense to anyone who likes say Toby Mac.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish that wasn’t the case, Rise deserved a lot more credit than it got.
The price in people hating on a show long enough for a company to give up on it. Fans ****ed Rise over until most turned over very late into their demise
Samurai Rabbit has been in production for a while (was announced in 2018). I’m saying if it does happen, it will be a holdover from when Nick was pushing that version
with him being Usagi's desendent...wouldn't be the same coolness

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbh, I don't really trust people who shun out any other forms of music and listen to exclusively VGM or Anime OST.

Before anyone gets mad, I used to be that type of guy, and I was annoying as **** during that phase. So it's half personal half not.
- Me, who primarily listens to VGM and Anime OST

I don't shun other types of music, it's just...I dunno, I like what I like, lol. I listen to non-VGM tracks occasionally for stuff like Five Iron Frenzy or Owl City, but it's admittedly rare.

Ivander

Smash Legend
?????? Im White but this doesnt Mean im Priviledged

I have Aperger so yeah

I do Agree that i shouldnt give the maker of this Video Attention tho
White privilege is just a much more sheer term for somebody being privileged. Basically, people who have it so much better than others yet complain about the most smallest things that are very non-important. Like complaining about the taste of clean drinking water when there are other people who would absolutely take that water without hesitance because of how much water is needed to live. Yes, it is often used with white people and it was really showing last year and the start of this year, but anybody can be white privileged.

So no, I'm not calling all white people privileged. I am comparing the mindset of calling the lockdown situation we are in or comparing a video game company to frickin' North Korea to that of white privilege because it's so frickin' stupid and insensitive.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
One thing I can’t do is sad music. If you like it more power to you, but I hate feeling sad or angry. I need something to energize me, or something to relax with.
When it comes to sad music, there is a difference between this
1612716088318.png
and whatever this is
1612716067627.png

When I listen to more somber music, it's usually just music from a game. There's a fleshed out story behind those songs. For the City Of Tears, for example, it reflects how the city was once a safe haven that's now plagued by disease and death. It doesn't make me feel sad, but I like the vibes. Also it's just generally good music. Just slapping some piano music on an image of Bart Simpson does nothing for me.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I like most kinds of music. I have favorites though, but if it has real artistry, i can enjoy it. Now garbage where they repeat the same lines over and over with nothing but sex appeal to help the track is not music. Its noise.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I definitely have a preference for VGM and anime soundtracks but I also have a fair amount of artists that I vibe with like Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Daughtry, Disturbed, and so on. I just don't listen to them nearly as much nowadays as I do with video game and anime music.

Am I scum?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
When it comes to sad music, there is a difference between this
View attachment 302225and whatever this is
View attachment 302224
When I listen to more somber music, it's usually just music from a game. There's a fleshed out story behind those songs. For the City Of Tears, for example, it reflects how the city was once a safe haven that's now plagued by disease and death. It doesn't make me feel sad, but I like the vibes. Also it's just generally good music. Just slapping some piano music on an image of Bart Simpson does nothing for me.
You like somber music? Listen to mushi shi ost.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Let’s see, I like a ton of music from different sources. Mostly gravitate towards 80’s rock, though I’m all over the place.

Queen, AC/DC, Rush, Springsteen, Mötley Crue, Fleetwood Mac, Kansas, Skillet, Panic! at the Disco, Walk the Moon, Gorillaz, Daft Punk, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Carly Rae Jepsen, P!nk, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Zedd, Elle King, Bruno Mars, Ellie Goulding, Nightwish, Natewantstobattle, and various other songs from different artists.

Though this my favorite song of all time

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I forgot R&B and Classic rock. I like a lotta that.

I’m actually not that into rap, unfortunately.

I definitely have a preference for VGM and anime soundtracks but I also have a fair amount of artists that I vibe with like Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Daughtry, Disturbed, and so on. I just don't listen to them nearly as much nowadays as I do with video game and anime music.

Am I scum?
Only 75% scum

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Am I scum?
Fall Out Boy fan? Definitely /s

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now, I said that, but I do listen to VGM on the occassion, but mostly when doing mundane tasks like a long essay or laundry.

I'm not blasting Sonic Adventure when I'm with friends.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Rap is one genre I don’t think I’ll ever quite get. It’s a good concept, but so much of it uses the same types of instruments, it all starts to blend in to me. But when someone does try something that isn’t just “music to get mugged to” I find that I can enjoy it.

D

Deleted member

My favorite song changes all the time
I don't even know if I have a favourite song.

Too many good ones to choose specifically one. And I don't want to dissapoint people online over any favourite song letting them down.

Yeah, that may sound dumb but as someone with anxiety I do get concerned about how people would feel about that kind of stuff online. The internet can get too extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom