• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
. Because of that, when I think of Marvel I don't think of fun adventure stories about people with fantastic powers who protect the world and enforce Justice, I think of alcoholic billionaires in robot suits, racism being the true villain all along instead of the evil super powered guy and people dying left and right because that's "grounded".
All of that stuff is in every aspect of Marvel.
The films don't exist in a bubble where the comics don't, the Marvel films have the themes they do because they blend the original comics with current events.

.. can't tell if racist or not....
A black guy did that review so...

D

Deleted member

while we're talking about anime I'm just gonna drop this banger of an op down real quick:

D

Deleted member

the entire Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is an Isekai. Just an fyi.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm open to suggestions.
Quick Isekai recommendations then:

Re:Zero - Obviously. It is a bit gory at times but like Demon Slayer level.

Gate - Another easy suggestion but I'd drop it about episode 16 or so.

Rising of the Shield Hero - If you can withstand a baffling decision about 7 episodes in.

The Devil is a Part Timer - Reverse Isekai but it's about a demon lord working at McDonalds. Really funny.

And two to avoid like the plague:

In Another World With My Smartphone - You think Ainz is OP, wait til you see this guy who's Mr Coincidence Plot with a smartphone and all the 1D waifus.
Aifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Same but with edgy protag and ****ty 3D CG.

Then one I'm divided on: No Game No Life - One of the best anime out there for visuals, music and premise but felt pretty uncomfortable with some of the fanservice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man watching Buddyfight again is giving me the big nostalgia.
g9a9m-AHYZ1YRT450-Full-Image_GalleryCover-en-US-1580920575720._UR1920,1080_RI_UX400_UY225_.jpg

I followed the game since its inception 6 years ago(still remember when the episode count was not even in double digits), but then last summer it just kinda ran out of steam and fizzled out. Feels like forever ago but nope, it was only last summer. It was a big part of my early teen childhood and I already miss it.

it was a minor influence on me becoming a furry but there were bigger reasons why I decided to consider myself one

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It just hit me right now

tumblr_olo2csFG2b1u8ua8xo1_500.jpg

The city that Squall and the Final fantasy 7 cast live in in the Kingdom hearts series is called Radiant garden because Squall works for an organization named Garden.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Quick Isekai recommendations then:

Re:Zero - Obviously. It is a bit gory at times but like Demon Slayer level.

Gate - Another easy suggestion but I'd drop it about episode 16 or so.

Rising of the Shield Hero - If you can withstand a baffling decision about 7 episodes in.

The Devil is a Part Timer - Reverse Isekai but it's about a demon lord working at McDonalds. Really funny.

And two to avoid like the plague:

In Another World With My Smartphone - You think Ainz is OP, wait til you see this guy who's Mr Coincidence Plot with a smartphone and all the 1D waifus.
Aifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Same but with edgy protag and ****ty 3D CG.

Then one I'm divided on: No Game No Life - One of the best anime out there for visuals, music and premise but felt pretty uncomfortable with some of the fanservice.
How is Digimon not in here? Digimon as a franchise is based around the isekai idea, either humans coming to the Digital world or the monsters appearing in the real world, either one happens in different versions of the series.

the entire Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is an Isekai. Just an fyi.
Not gonna lie this series has always given me an interesting isekai concept in my head where the person getting isekai'd gets taken into a world from an already existing franchise, the only other time i can think of where this kind of idea is tried is the non canon Dragon ball isekai manga.

Dutch Raikuna

How is Digimon not in here? Digimon as a franchise is based around the isekai idea, either humans coming to the Digital world or the monsters appearing in the real world, either one happens in different versions of the series.
Being honest.................I'm just not into that kinda Isekai really.

Just my taste. Monster catching anime hasn't really been my thing as well.

D

Deleted member

I'd agree that most of the games and franchise is based on Isekai but there are a few games like Cyber Sleuth where the concept is isekai-esche but it's not really isekai. one of the defining traits of an isekai is that once a character enters the special world of the hero's journey, they aren't coming back until the very end, if at all. And while Cyber Sleuth has you hopping between the digital and regular world you're free to explore both at your own discretion so it's not really an isekai in the way say the original anime is.

D

Deleted member

Being honest.................I'm just not into that kinda Isekai really.

Just my taste. Monster catching anime hasn't really been my thing as well.
I mean.... the anime is basically just your standard isekai 10+ years before it became a fad, and with the exception of Fusion they never really "catch" any new digimon, each character is assigned one each and they stick to that one. It's the games that are monster catching rpgs.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Digimon tamers is the rare instance of reverse isekai done well.

The fantasy creature materializes in our world instead of the human getting taken to the fantasy world.

That one is a concept i wish was done more, or at least done well.

Dutch Raikuna

I'd agree that most of the games and franchise is based on Isekai but there are a few games like Cyber Sleuth where the concept is isekai-esche but it's not really isekai. one of the defining traits of an isekai is that once a character enters the special world of the hero's journey, they aren't coming back until the very end, if at all. And while Cyber Sleuth has you hopping between the digital and regular world you're free to explore both at your own discretion so it's not really an isekai in the way say the original anime is.
To correct on that one of my recommendations is kinda not like what you mentioned where they don't come back until the end. I'm just not a fan of digital isekai like Sword Art Online not because of it but I just like the physical-ness if that makes sense.

Digimon tamers is the rare instance of reverse isekai done well.

The fantasy creature materializes in our world instead of the human getting taken to the fantasy world.

That one is a concept i wish was done more, or at least done well.
Reverse Isekai? Then The Devil is a Part Timer is probably the best one out there.
Demon Lord retreats to Japan after losing a war, realises he can't really use magic and is practically a nobody. Starts working at McDonalds.

But yeah it is something I wish was done a lot more. I even had a concept of an idea where a character gets isekaied and then back only for World War 3 to occur while he was away. So it becomes a grim reverse Isekai.

D

Deleted member

I'm bored so here's a no context pic from Buddyfight
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 10.16.05 PM.png

I need to go to bed soon......

D

Deleted member

Alright, what in the hell is up with middle kid's hairdo and why is mini Optimus Prime there?
Congratulations, you just won the game of "spot the protagonist!"

Your prize: nothing! :yeahboi:

as for Card Burn in the middle, he can just change his size whenever, it's never explained why. Here's another shot from the same ep:
Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 10.30.41 PM.png

D

Deleted member

one of my favorite scenes in Acceleracers after rewatching all of em

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have trouble believing that any version of the ooze would just leave the kid blind. That kid would have changed into SOMETHING. If you’re going by the Mirage/2003 cannon then he’d become a super soldier, and if you go by the other versions...

wait a minute...

Now that I think about it, there’s not a single version of the turtles story where the ooze results in hybrids that actually keeps that plot element. He’s in the 80s show, but he doesn’t loose the turtles by a truck accident, he just tripped and dropped them into the sewers. And he’s not a thing at all in 2012 or rise. Huh. Interesting fun fact.

And where did the Mouth come from?
Named after the Hand from Daredevil, the Foot from TMNT and just made a joke about hand, foot and mouth disease.

It would take a bit of explaining as to how to blind Daredevil and mutate the turtles. Idk maybe the canister had two components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom