• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
waitholupIwasjustkiddingdontactuuallyshoo-
9509CAA3-B9F5-4EB8-82E1-D3D082B3A1A0.gif
AE27ACE6-6E4D-488B-9B61-2B232C1C8448.jpeg
...these words have backfired immensely
That's not a hot take when Flynn rider exists.
Eugene Fitzherbert (born Horace)...ok you right
As a black teen and a Banjo fan, do I get double the exaggerated swagger?
too much swagge...and one of these days you will stop being mu favorite person here...but you’re making it so damn hard to not worship the Smashboards Prince
... can't tell if racist or not....
well everyone else added info on other Marvel things, so...the line is perfectly fine and meme enough since a black guy was the one to say it
In all fairness, that line was pretty ****ing stupid.

Now watch as I go to bed with the exaggerated swagger of a Black Teen
charging up that exaggerated swagger

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You do you but it seems a little dumb to overgeneralize the entire Marvel library based on second-hand experinces when there are so much stories that aren't really dark to begin with or use harsh obstacles to make characters grow into better people.

Also, no offense but your "objective truth" complaint is super ironic because you're doing the exact same thing you're criticizing.
Maybe. But maybe if my first exposure to Marvel wasn’t seeing people online say things like “Marvel is superior to DC because XYZ and you’re dumb if you think otherwise” then I’d be more open to trying out more Marvel stuff.

What’s that saying?.... “Treat others the way you’ve been treated”.
All of that stuff is in every aspect of Marvel.
The films don't exist in a bubble where the comics don't, the Marvel films have the themes they do because they blend the original comics with current events.
They’re not as pronounced in the films as they are in other aspects of Marvel. At least... I don’t think they are. They certainly didn’t stand out as much in the films as they did in the books.
Named after the Hand from Daredevil, the Foot from TMNT and just made a joke about hand, foot and mouth disease.

It would take a bit of explaining as to how to blind Daredevil and mutate the turtles. Idk maybe the canister had two components.
Oh. I didn’t know Hand, foot, and mouth disease was a thing.

If you go by how it worked in the mirage continuity, 2003 show, or even the original live action movies, you could easily say the mutagen was also responsible for his radar sense and enhanced agility, as those are in line with the effects it had in those iterations of the property. And since that kid wasn’t in the 80s cartoon, 2012 cartoon, or rise, then, well... it wouldn’t work to do it with those versions of the characters anyway because that story element wasn’t present.

But if you were using an original version of the characters that pulls from all over... well... then you’ed have to explain it somehow.

I wouldn’t mind this as a one shot AU crossover story, but I still don’t think the Turtles would work well in the Marvel world on a permanent basis.

And that opinion has nothing to do with the fact that doing so would forever taint the idea of the turtles in my mind and make it almost impossible for me to like them anymore. Not at all! What kind of person would be shallow enough to think that way?
well everyone else added info on other Marvel things, so...the line is perfectly fine and meme enough since a black guy was the one to say it
Ok. I couldn’t tell from voice alone the race of the presenter in the video. And it sounds like the kind of thing a lightly racist white douche would say to try to be funny.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What’s that saying?.... “Treat others the way you’ve been treated”.
It's "treat others the way you'd like to be treated".

It's a cliche but that statement holds a ton of personal meaning to me. Let me tell you, if I treated everyone the same way I was treated by my peers growing up I'd be one of the biggest jerkwads in this thread.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
'treat others the way you've been treated' would be an accurate mantra for twitter
Well, I've never accused anyone of being a Jewish operative despite being called one several times on Twitter.

You know what they say

"An eye for an eye... makes the whole world blind"
Ahh. A fellow Gandhi fan.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ok. I couldn’t tell from voice alone the race of the presenter in the video. And it sounds like the kind of thing a lightly racist white douche would say to try to be funny.
nope...he legit had the thought of saying that line as a way to compliment the game's respectful representation to Black and Hispanic culture...but ****ed that up and instead gave us PS5's first real launch meme

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

You know how Usagi Yojimbo is getting a Netflix adaptation, “Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles”? What if THAT is where we get Rise’s Usagi Yojimbo crossover. As a part of that show with its unique characters and setting (it’s a spin off set in the future rather then a straight adaptation).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me looking out every morning for a release date for Omori on switch be like:
broly tea 1.jpg
Also, off-topic, but I really don't like how this website keep making the restrict for gif size more of a pain in the ass as days come on. Like there's a ton of gif I used before that I can't use now, wake up Woodboards.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm open to suggestions.
I mostly stick to manga as I'm too impatient when it comes to stories and anime takes a lot of effort.
Shield Hero - The anime looks great and is by no means bad, wouldn't not recommend, but it's the weakest adaption of the story/characters by a mile. Stick to the Light Novels if at all possible. Series is almost/if not a decade old so there is a lot to binge here not including the comedy focused Spear Hero spin-off series.

Isekai de Tochi - Read two chapters last weekend and ended up staying up a few hours to binge the rest of what had been translated so far. Is one of the most wholesome series I've read and does a good job of not falling into tropes.

Yasei no Last Boss - Interesting premise and some awesome artwork more than anything. Am really hoping this eventually gets a proper localization.

Ideal Sponger Life - Been a few years since I've read it, has now started to be localized, but I remember enjoying it enough to binge what had been translated up to that point. I remember a surprising amount of focus on political talk more than anything, and have been meaning to pick it back up.

High Rise Invasion - Starts off as horror manga with light Isekai elements but after the first few dozen chapters it turns into an Isekai with light horror elements. Has probably one of my favorite protagonists in my modest manga/anime history; there's just a lot of cool artwork of her in badass poses. Admittedly it was only toward the end of the series it the localization start so I had already read over 75% of it through translations. Looking it up online now, I'm surprised know now that it's getting an ONA on Netflix later this month, though I have a feeling that it won't be good.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm having lots of insomnia lately, going to head to the store tomorrow after work to buy me some goddamn melatonin. Music helps me a lot in these times where I can't sleep, though. I could be searching up new artists but I'm using it to rate albums I already own right now.

Untitled.png

I think this is my favorite album currently, it's really good from start to finish.

Since I'm blabbering on about it, what are your guys' music tastes like? :nifty:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm having lots of insomnia lately, going to head to the store tomorrow after work to buy me some goddamn melatonin. Music helps me a lot in these times where I can't sleep, though. I could be searching up new artists but I'm using it to rate albums I already own right now.

I think this is my favorite album currently, it's really good from start to finish.

Since I'm blabbering on about it, what are your guys' music tastes like? :nifty:
Metal, Punk, and Hard Rock.
I rarely stray from those genres, but there are some exceptions like Bob Segar and Lynard Skynyrd.
Most of my musical pallet is 80s and 90s Metal.
Metallica, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Slayer, Ozzy, Marilyn Manson (still like his music, but **** him personally after the recent **** allegations), Slipknot, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, etc.

I like a few older bands like Black Sabbath, but I guess my musical tastes were set at 16, because the "newest" band I actively listen to is Halestorm, which released their first record in 2010. Other awesome 2000s bands are like Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Amon Amarth, Volbeat, etc.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Metal, Punk, and Hard Rock.
I rarely stray from those genres, but there are some exceptions like Bob Segar and Lynard Skynyrd.
Most of my musical pallet is 80s and 90s Metal.
Metallica, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Slayer, Ozzy, Marilyn Manson (still like his music, but ** him personally after the recent ** allegations), Slipknot, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, System of a Down, etc.

I like a few older bands like Black Sabbath, but I guess my musical tastes were set at 16, because the "newest" band I actively listen to is Halestorm, which released their first record in 2010. Other awesome 2000s bands are like Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Amon Amarth, Volbeat, etc.
I mostly stuck to core because I was into speed and power metal like seven years ago, I was obsessed with all these European metal bands that no one really knows of, except of course the icons like Blind Guardian and Stratovarius and the like. But I just like when the funny guitar goes denenenene, usual American hard rock and heavy metal doesn't hit the right ticks, but any kind of core hits that note easily.

I have Hawkwind's album before Lemmy made Motorhead though, before they truly went off and invented space rock. I don't blame Lemmy for leaving that crazy ****, I honestly can't stand much of that genre, but Hawkwind's Motorhead > Motorhead's Motorhead imo.

D

Deleted member

Marvel is fine and makes good stuff, but It is also fine if there are people who just doesn't care about It.

I'm someone who really loves Metroid and Dragon Quest but you don't see me pointing fingers at people who don't like "Watch out! They don't care about Metroid and Dragon Quest!".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just played chess with my father.

Been a veryyyy long time since I played that game, but somehow, I won!

It's crazy how fast the game can turn around if you play not slowy & careful enough. Definitly a game that, the longer the last, the more foolish I become decision wise. (due to my tiny little brain)

Still, despite my problems, I was very into chess when I was younger. I played it with ton of folks at school & with my family too. I even pulled some cool move here and there that my father didn't expect, so I guess I didn't forget completely how to play chess.

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi just saw the first three episodes of Kid Cosmic.

Honestly, It turned out better than how the trailers sold It out. I really like the dynamic between the main characters, the concept of parodying old school space comics with a more grounded in reality twist, the character design, the music selection and the design of the aliens.

I am really glad you reccomended the show over here, I am having a great time watching It.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4

You know how Usagi Yojimbo is getting a Netflix adaptation, “Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles”? What if THAT is where we get Rise’s Usagi Yojimbo crossover. As a part of that show with its unique characters and setting (it’s a spin off set in the future rather then a straight adaptation).
Rise is ending after their movie, and Nick don’t really give much of a damn about it, so them somehow doing a crossover would be shocking

Noipoi

Howdy!
When I’m writing for my story, listening to film orchestral scores helps me concentrate. And I’m always writing my story, so I’m almost always listening to an orchestral score.

Aside from that I like laid back, feel good music. Kinda leaning towards indie. I’m also morbidly fascinated by the pop music scene from 2009-2013. Mostly because it’s what I grew up with.

And also some video game soundtracks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another boring day. Currently experiencing another cold snap. Decided to watch more walkthrough of FFVII Remake.

Dad's gonna pick me and my dog up today to hang out with him at his place.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Music tastes?

I'm a fan of 70-80s rock, 70-90s, occasionally listen to 2000s and early 2010s pop, and rap/hip-hop a lot no matter the era. And then there's Gorrilaz, wherever they fall.

I used to listen to VGM a lot, but since I got into college, it took a backseat to those.

You can't go wrong with Kanye or Biggie imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom