• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Every damm time. Post I prefer posting gets buried

"Remember. The hole buried must be 5 feet deep, 5 feet wide. Your shovel is your measuring stick"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Except I'm not talking about just a simple one off crossover. I'm talking about permanently placing the turtles in that universe (ie, if someone other then Viacom had purchased the franchise). And I think the Turtles would fit better living in the DC Universe over the Marvel one.
a permanent place works even better in that case then. Same things I said earlier...only permanent. Hand and Foot Ninjas being bffs and losing to a blind man and 4 Turtles together...Raph and Logan having some cold ones, Leo fanboying over the GOTG cause space or freaks out over Cap, Donnie and Spidey with tech...Tony...Reed...T'Challa..., Mikey with as many funny characters as possible

and then MJ vs April: Battle of the Attractive Redheads

then Casey Jones gets beat up by Batroc The Leaper

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
a permanent place works even better in that case then. Same things I said earlier...only permanent. Hand and Foot Ninjas being bffs and losing to a blind man and 4 Turtles together...Raph and Logan having some cold ones, Leo fanboying over the GOTG cause space or freaks out over Cap, Donnie and Spidey with tech...Tony...Reed...T'Challa..., Mikey with as many funny characters as possible

and then MJ vs April: Battle of the Attractive Redheads

then Casey Jones gets beat up by Batroc The Leaper
You're talking to the wrong person if you expect me to get excited just by stating those pairings like that. I just don't do Marvel. And again, you're really just describing an elaborate crossover event, not an appropriate franchise to permanently merge with. I think if you look at the tone of the Turtles franchise as a whole, the kinds of stories they tell, the ideas they deal with, the spirit of the stories themselves, it's much more DC then Marvel. Like, I don't want to have an entire arc dedicated to Raphael's steroid abuse, Casey Jones going to jail, Krang committing genocide and having it be justified because of philosophy, and ongoing racism against the turtles.

Dutch Raikuna

It's 2am and I'm on my 5th bowl of instant ramen in the past 24 hours. Had one after I jumped off at around 6 am. Had two packs with sliced chicken at 2pm and another at 9pm.

I really need to stop eating it but the pots are too damn good.

Just discovered SmashBoards has its own Wiki page apparently.

Wonder if anyone will ever create a page regarding me.
You have piqued my curiosity gentleman.

I have my own wiki page on my last forum but I ain't showing.

D

Deleted member

Yikes after what reading what was written on Schnee. I'd rather have no involvement on that wiki page.

Wasn't cool of whoever wrote that on his/her page...
its hasn’t been updated since 2018 so there’s no point.

What kind of person makes a wiki about people in a social thread anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I would advise you to leave that alone
I saw a certain someone's name there and I was like nope now. Don't want to get pissed off.

If you want something to do with forum members that's light-hearted and slightly information do something like what country they are from or what ice cream flavour they like but doing something like that where others can edit you just has the potential to be toxic.

Speaking of which. We should do another light-hearted poll like the coffee or tea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw a certain someone's name there and I was like nope now. Don't want to get pissed off.

If you want something to do with forum members that's light-hearted and slightly information do something like what country they are from or what ice cream flavour they like but doing something like that where others can edit you just has the potential to be toxic.

Speaking of which. We should do another light-hearted poll like the coffee or tea.
Wikia groups tend to be really toxic and I have no clue why. Vandalism is pretty rampant too: because without mods or anyone active I could just about edit anything I want into any page.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just rewatched a few episodes of the anime. Slayers. I used to like it when i was younger, but it is juat awful. Lina is a terrible mary sue like character that ia just frustrating to watch. It was terrible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're talking to the wrong person if you expect me to get excited just by stating those pairings like that. I just don't do Marvel. And again, you're really just describing an elaborate crossover event, not an appropriate franchise to permanently merge with. I think if you look at the tone of the Turtles franchise as a whole, the kinds of stories they tell, the ideas they deal with, the spirit of the stories themselves, it's much more DC then Marvel. Like, I don't want to have an entire arc dedicated to Raphael's steroid abuse, Casey Jones going to jail, Krang committing genocide and having it be justified because of philosophy, and ongoing racism against the turtles.
that part where you say you don't Marvel aside (cause not Marveling...that alone does not help with having your mind spreaded open by the mouse)...I hope you know both of the big comic organizations have done all of those things...like...a lot...DC has even darker themes constantly to them than both sides (**** aside). TMNT grew to be more of an overall family friendly product regardless of their DC and Ghostbusters teamups, just like Marvel and their exaggerated swagger

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Why is it everytime I jump on these forums (every night) I end up staying far longer that I plan. 10 minutes becomes 2 hours.

Outside of making ramen I'm just talking on here and watching anime OPs or looking through story stuff. Only now just remembered I was in the middle of something in Gravity Rush 2.

You guys have a knack for pulling me in and I like it. "Stay a while. Stay Forever!"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Put that thing back where it came from or so help me

Already planned on it immediately upon reading what was written about Schnee. Even if it was a few years ago still not cool.
That ****'s tame as hell and considering who wrote it, it's hilarious lmao

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
that part where you say you don't Marvel aside (cause not Marveling...that alone does not help with having your mind spreaded open by the mouse)...I hope you know both of the big comic organizations have done all of those things...like...a lot...DC has even darker themes constantly to them than both sides (**** aside). TMNT grew to be more of an overall family friendly product regardless of their DC and Ghostbusters teamups, just like Marvel and their exaggerated swagger
It was the 80s that really kicked off grim dark. People read watchmen and the dark knight returns and took the wrong message. Golden age and silver age was rather campy fun.

D

Deleted member

That ****'s tame as hell and considering who wrote it, it's hilarious lmao
Wait you know who wrote it? All I could find was his(her?) IP address...

not that I have any interest in doing anything with that info, I wanted to check the logs of that page in particular and see what it looked like before it was vandalized

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I made it to the end of disc 1 of FF8.

You know when i first saw a picture of Rinoa i didn't expect her to feel like a stock anime girl, because so far that's what she feels like lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was the 80s that really kicked off grim dark. People read watchmen and the dark knight returns and took the wrong message. Golden age and silver age was rather campy fun.
and to think Gwen Stacy dying would lead to comics getting more serious and grim. After the 90s (edgy, buff, and sexyish as hell) and half of the 2000s (lots of controversial stories from everybody), it was best for the majority to mostly become more balanced with their stories. Always room for comics and serious, but best to stay in the middle

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hot Take cause yes

Frozen 2/Game of Frozen is better than Frozen 1

Tangled is one of the best princess stories when including the show...and of course is the best Disney anime

and...as of 2020-2021...Harley Quinn > Wonder Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom