• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The age of the Heroes doesn't really have anything to do with it. 2012 is just too high concept for Marvel.... man it's really hard for me to get across what I'm trying to say isn't it... IDK. The two universes just feel incompatible.

Plus, need I remind you of the Teen Titans, Young Justice, the original Legion of Superheroes, and all of DC's teenage heroes.
Spider-Man (young Peter and atm Miles), Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl (both May and Anya), Squirrel Girl, Ms.Marvel, Viv, Power Pack (who are more cartoony than most of the young heroes), Awesome Hulk, Ironheart, the Champions and Young Avengers as a whole, new Vulture, way too many mutants within the X-Men side of things, and so on so forth. Besides, their old origin story was connected to Daredevil a lot, and Marvel has a thing for ninjas and mystic arts...and alien invasions...and obviously mutants...

I'd say it would be just as easy to put them, or any of the other Turtle universe, in some crossover of sorts. Heck 2012 flat out has parodies of many Marvel comics, with the most obvious being the "Fantastic Four Food Groups". If Archie can crossover with Predator, TMNT (2012 mainly cause sksgodg) being with Marvel would be the last thing that could be impossible

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spider-Man (young Peter and atm Miles), Ghost-Spider, Spider-Girl (both May and Anya), Squirrel Girl, Ms.Marvel, Viv, Power Pack (who are more cartoony than most of the young heroes), Awesome Hulk, Ironheart, the Champions and Young Avengers as a whole, new Vulture, way too many mutants within the X-Men side of things, and so on so forth. Besides, their old origin story was connected to Daredevil a lot, and Marvel has a thing for ninjas and mystic arts...and alien invasions...and obviously mutants...

I'd say it would be just as easy to put them, or any of the other Turtle universe, in some crossover of sorts. Heck 2012 flat out has parodies of many Marvel comics, with the most obvious being the "Fantastic Four Food Groups". If Archie can crossover with Predator, TMNT (2012 mainly cause sksgodg) being with Marvel would be the last thing that could be impossible
Except I'm not talking about just a simple one off crossover. I'm talking about permanently placing the turtles in that universe (ie, if someone other then Viacom had purchased the franchise). And I think the Turtles would fit better living in the DC Universe over the Marvel one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think Giga Bowser in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a very interesting case. He is surprisingly very stable when he is hacked to be a playable character. Two instances of him making the game crash (winning in a non-team battle or quitting a match early) have been both patched.

Heck, he even has a proper icons in some areas of the game
1612647016732.png
1612646674546.png

There are still plenty of signs he's not meant to be actually playable, but it's still odd how the game treats him otherwise.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Except I'm not talking about just a simple one off crossover. I'm talking about permanently placing the turtles in that universe (ie, if someone other then Viacom had purchased the franchise). And I think the Turtles would fit better living in the DC Universe over the Marvel one.
Turtles vs Gorilla Grodd actually makes a lot of sense in my head now you say that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think Giga Bowser in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a very interesting case. He is surprisingly very stable when he is hacked to be a playable character. Two instances of him making the game crash (winning in a non-team battle or quitting a match early) have been both patched.

Heck, he even has a proper icons in some areas of the game

There are still plenty of signs he's not meant to be actually playable, but it's still odd how the game treats him otherwise.
It could be the result of leftover from Smash 4, as Giga Bowser was still playable as Bowser FS.

The icons stuff could have been put just to make sure he doesn't crash the game while they were in early developpement and didn't have his new FS ready and/or have him as a boss yet in WoL.

Just a theory tho, could be true on some points, could be wrong on others.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, just something I was a little disappointed with in the 2012 TMNT show, when it was first airing I thought the 2012 versions of Bebop and Rocksteady were going to be... if not heroes then at least allies of the turtles. The way they showed up in the theme song before their mutation, with the turtles and their allies was part of what lead me to that conclusion (I didn't notice that their van and the Party Wagon bumped into each other in the sequence till much later). In addition to the fact that Shredder already had plenty of mutant minions (Rahzar, Fishface, Tiger Claw, and Baxter/Buzzkill) and the fact that Zeck and Steranko (while being criminals) had every reason to not only not serve the Shredder but to want to take him down as vengeance for what he did to them. I think it would have been more interesting at least.

Also a little pet peeved that the show just kind of... forgot that these versions of the characters weren't dumbasses like every other version of the characters. Because that's how they used them. IDK. The writing for 2012 got a little sloppy in the last half, more then I like to admit or am comfortable with. And I think there are more interesting things they could have done, or at least have stayed bloomin consistent with their own world.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
As I look out on my balcony, over all of creation, I simply ask...

"Yo, neighbors, why the **** you still got your Christmas tree up? It's ****ing February."
On one hand, I'd be like "well, February is so dreary so why not insert some cheer into this cold, dank month?!"
But on the other hand, I'm like "man, that's true. Where the heck are the valentine's decorations, or whatever?"
:p

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As I look out on my balcony, over all of creation, I simply ask...

"Yo, neighbors, why the **** you still got your Christmas tree up? It's ****ing February."
You think that's bad? I still see Christmas ads on TV.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My best friend's mom just died. Makes me feel like there is no returning to normal. I think she was all that was keeping him in this state too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The worst part is because of Covid I haven't seen them in months. And last I talked to them online it was an argument over politics

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think I'd prefer DC turtles as well. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the turtles that respects their origin of parodying Marvel comics where the kid who got hit by the canister actually did become Daredevil. Maybe he could team up with the turtles to take on the Hand-foot-mouth clan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I'd prefer DC turtles as well. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of the turtles that respects their origin of parodying Marvel comics where the kid who got hit by the canister actually did become Daredevil. Maybe he could team up with the turtles to take on the Hand-foot-mouth clan.
I have trouble believing that any version of the ooze would just leave the kid blind. That kid would have changed into SOMETHING. If you’re going by the Mirage/2003 cannon then he’d become a super soldier, and if you go by the other versions...

wait a minute...

Now that I think about it, there’s not a single version of the turtles story where the ooze results in hybrids that actually keeps that plot element. He’s in the 80s show, but he doesn’t loose the turtles by a truck accident, he just tripped and dropped them into the sewers. And he’s not a thing at all in 2012 or rise. Huh. Interesting fun fact.

And where did the Mouth come from?

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In Sonic for Hire, Shredder committed sepuku because Sonic stole his money and he didn’t wanna dishonour himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom