• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So the old Crash rumor
This one right here. Says Crash will get in this year according to the five year plan. So far, nobody said it was fake, and on top of that, some insiders claim that it's real.

What do you think? Real? Or another CacoMallow?
Uhh, the link goes nowhere.

It is normal or something happened?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just tried Soy Sauce on a burger instead of something like Ketchup or BBQ. I've discovered sorcery food my friends.

Just finished watching A Silent Voice.

A really beautiful movie about overcoming the problems of the past, anxiety and surpassing expectations on ourselves.

I will tell my college partner about how I found the movie in some minutes. I'm sure she will appreciate It.
Without a doubt and should be, probably the best anime film that isn't Ghibli and by Makoto Shinkai. Really struck me everytime I play it.

If you want to get really sad, watch Violet Evergarden. It's by the same studio and basically about a child soldier learning to be human. Every time I even write the premise I get teary eyed. Would give it a try.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So the old Crash rumor
This one right here. Says Crash will get in this year according to the five year plan. So far, nobody said it was fake, and on top of that, some insiders claim that it's real.

Especially with how surprisingly popular Crash is in Japan for a western made character, I think him showing up in Smash is almost a guarantee at this point. This leak only solidified it. Current Snake predictions are Monster Hunter, Crash, and Lloyd Irving

D

Deleted member

Crash would be cool I guess. Don’t know enough about him and his games to really say anything else.

I’m just here for the ride anyway, I’ll be content with whatever

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Daisy is better than Peach
Daisy is equal to Pauline (excellent mayor, GOATED ex, and bomb ass singer) and Rosalina (galactic mother with a motivational origin story) for her loyalty to Luigi, perfect Orange hair, dank memes, screaming abilities, overall cuteness, can put fear into the eyes of Bowser, and...the fact that she’s Daisy

this is my cold take
I hear ya man!
23CACE2D-EE08-4E9C-B093-F1CD3D9DD2EE.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the old Crash rumor

I said it before but:
ive seen a few notable people say the document is real and I believed it then and still believe it now. It makes a lot of sense, he’s a big icon, the tv show that was planned showed they really want crash back too. So the best way to pull that off is bring him to smash with the biggest characters in gaming.

Plus you cant say remaking the original crash commercial or the smash 64 commercial with the crash mascot suit, doesn’t soundlike the best trailer concept ever.
OMGOSH I LOVE HIM/HER ALREADY!!
His name is Scooby, we love German Shepard’s in my house lol.

D

Deleted member

Sounds about right.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
is there some inside joke I’m missing with GMOD and SFM being with splatoon? cause yeah they also have garbage communities but those aren’t nintendo

edit: wait nvm I think I get it, didn’t see the other placement for Splatoon

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If I'd still go by my own last three predictions and categorise for Smash Bros, here's what I'd go in no order. Fighter Pass 2 of course.

1. Nintendo 1st Party.

-Xenoblade (how have we not got someone to join Shulk I'm surprised)
-Pokemon Sword and Shield/very requested Pokemon
-Retro (don't know there)
-Zelda Rep

2. One from the West and one more from the East.

-Crash Bandicoot (Wouldn't be surprised at all at this rate)
-Ubisoft Rep (Prince of Persia, the Rabbids but not AC or Rayman anymore)
-Indie (Hollow Knight, Supermassive Games etc.)
-Sega (Another Sega Rep I think could happen and after having a brief bash with Sonic Mania last night, I can't shake off the thought.)

3. Japanese Company that would get a push in the West with a character in Smash Bros like with SNK. Very left field to most of the fanbase and I'm confident in this personally.

-Falcom (Estelle Bright, Adol Christin, the main protag of Trails 4th Arc etc.)
-Arc System Works (Ragna, Sol Badguy)
-Type Moon (Fate Rep - Saber, Mash Kyrielight etc.)
-Cygames (Granblue Fantasy)
Koei Tecmo is a mixed on that status to me at least.

And I'm betting an extra stage, mode and a complete redoing of "Everyone is Here" Trailer or Opening Movie after it all done.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If I'd still go by my own last three predictions and categorise for Smash Bros, here's what I'd go in no order.

1. Nintendo 1st Party.

-Xenoblade (how have we not got someone to join Shulk I'm surprised)
-Pokemon Sword and Shield/very requested Pokemon
-Retro (don't know there)
-Zelda Rep

2. One from the West and one more from the East.

-Crash Bandicoot (Wouldn't be surprised at all at this rate)
-Ubisoft Rep (Prince of Persia, the Rabbids but not AC or Rayman anymore)
-Indie (Hollow Knight, Supermassive Games etc.)
-Sega (Another Sega Rep I think could happen and after having a brief bash with Sonic Mania last night, I can't shake off the thought.

3. Japanese Company that would get a push in the West with a character in Smash Bros like with SNK. Very left field to most of the fanbase and I'm confident in this personally.

-Falcom (Estelle Bright, Adol Christin, the main protag of Trails 4th Arc)
-Arc System Works (Ragna, Sol Badguy)
-Type Moon (Fate Rep - Saber, Mash Kyrielight etc.)
-Cygames (Granblue Fantasy)
Koei Tecmo is a mixed on that status to me at least.

And I'm betting an extra stage, mode and a complete redoing of "Everyone is Here" Trailer or Opening Movie after it all done.
I could see the third option instead of another Capcom character, but we NEED another Namco fighter. Not to mention, I don't think any company will double dip in the pass, not even Nintendo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Gonna develop a concept for an adult-oriented TMNT reboot. Will share it when I have it finished.
I'm not sure which direction you'd be going in for that, but there's a comic called TMNT: The Last Ronin that might be worth looking into. It's kind of like Logan, but with Ninja Turtles (or, as the title suggests, one of the Ninja Turtles). I'm not sure if it's finished, though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure which direction you'd be going in for that, but there's a comic called TMNT: The Last Ronin that might be worth looking into. It's kind of like Logan, but with Ninja Turtles. I'm not sure if it's finished, though.
I own it. Still have yet to read it. Will definitely take a look, but If I take anything from it directly it will be in a "What-If" or "Ben 10,000" style episode, not an entire series concept.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sounds about right.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
See, I'm not really digging that placement of the Splatoon SFM community because there are plenty of fine, talented folks there.

...Also, for the Splatoon video game community, why is it placed in "Has some problems"? Same with Mario: I've only ever had good experiences with the Splatoon community and the mainline Mario community is pretty laid back.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doing a thought project of what this crossover worldbuilding would be like if DC, Marvel, Hellboy, and TMNT all existed in the same setting.

-Hellboy at some point joining Justice League Dark. Him and Constantine notably not getting along, bickering and trading insults at one another.
-League of Assassins, The Hand, and The Foot having some form of history with one another. Perhaps both The Hand and The Foot being distinct but otherwise related organization branches connected to one another.
-With DC involved perhaps metahumans/mutants (Both could be a fusion of both in this setting) might be more accepted by society, meaning the turtles and other mutagen mutants like Splinter, Leatherhead, and such would not have to stay hidden in the shadows. The same with Hellboy being kept a secret by the government.
-Can only imagine the conflict Lobo would also have with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Both are bound to run into each other every now and then.
-Thanos having some form of respect towards Darkseid. To that point when supposedly the Infinity arc in Marvel occurs, it's the only planet he spares of wiping half of life from.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the worst It gets with the mainline Mario community is when someone says Sunshine is a bad Mario game and some people take It badly.

Beyond that and maybe the people who say Mario Galaxy 1 is overrated It is alright. You can practically like any main Mario game of your taste.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Doing a thought project of what this crossover worldbuilding would be like if DC, Marvel, Hellboy, and TMNT all existed in the same setting.

-Hellboy at some point joining Justice League Dark. Him and Constantine notably not getting along, bickering and trading insults at one another.
-League of Assassins, The Hand, and The Foot having some form of history with one another. Perhaps both The Hand and The Foot being distinct but otherwise related organization branches connected to one another.
-With DC involved perhaps metahumans/mutants (Both could be a fusion of both in this setting) might be more accepted by society, meaning the turtles and other mutagen mutants like Splinter, Leatherhead, and such would not have to stay hidden in the shadows. The same with Hellboy being kept a secret by the government.
-Can only imagine the conflict Lobo would also have with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Both are bound to run into each other every now and then.
-Thanos having some form of respect towards Darkseid. To that point when supposedly the Infinity arc in Marvel occurs, it's the only planet he spares of wiping half of life from.
It's my goal that if I can every develop my Justice League cartoon, I will have Hellboy and Spawn on the JLD. Would love to work with Todd and Mike to work them into the DC Universe for just this one project.

Also, it's my belief that even if DC and Marvel came under ownership of the same company (somehow) they would keep the two universe seperated. And Earth-1/Earth-2 Situation (with the two lineups of heroes constantly arguing over which one is Earth-1 and which one is Earth-2).

Also... part of me kind of wishes that WB and DC had bought the TMNT instead of Viacom. I'm just imagining an alternate universe where that happened and the IDW reboot was set into the DC Universe instead of it's own continuity. IMO, Turtles and DC work so well together they might as well co-exist permanently.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also... part of me kind of wishes that WB and DC had bought the TMNT instead of Viacom. I'm just imagining an alternate universe where that happened and the IDW reboot was set into the DC Universe instead of it's own continuity. IMO, Turtles and DC work so well together they might as well co-exist permanently.
If it wasn't for Disney buying Marvel, I'd say Marvel is where they fit best given their inspiration from Daredevil. But yeah I agree if anyone could do them justice it'd be DC which they should buy them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the worst It gets with the mainline Mario community is when someone says Sunshine is a bad Mario game and some people take It badly.

Beyond that and maybe the people who say Mario Galaxy 1 is overrated It is alright. You can practically like any main Mario game of your taste.
I mean, nobody can deny that Sunshine needs a lot of fixes. Really hope it (and Mario 64) get full remakes at some point. And really upset that the 3D All-Stars name was taken by a much more inferior collection.
If it wasn't for Disney buying Marvel, I'd say Marvel is where they fit best given their inspiration from Daredevil. But yeah I agree if anyone could do them justice it'd be DC which they should buy them.
Honestly... I don't really think so. Marvel is never as... high concept as DC and TMNT tend to get. Marvel tends to be very grounded and real. Then again that might just be my anti-Marvel bias. (My Favorite moment in all of media is in the JLA/Avengers crossover comic where Superman states that even the sunlight in the Marvel universe feels greasy). IDK, I prefer to see a fictional world that sets an example of how we all should strive to act and make the world better. Rather then one that reflects how horrible and cynical reality can often be.

OK. Mirage Turtles/2003 turtles would probably fit fine in the Marvel Unvierse now that I think about it. But any other incarnation of the franchise... I don't think so.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Watching TMNT 87. And some of the lines in this are just killer.

Shredder: Krang! It's not what it looks like! I just wanted to save you the trouble of bringing the device to the surface yourself!
Krang: How very thoughtful! Perhaps I'll save you the trouble of growing old!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mirage Turtles/2003 turtles would probably fit fine in the Marvel Unvierse now that I think about it. But any other incarnation of the franchise... I don't think so.
2012 would fit with Marvel quite well, since they do have a lot more young heroes that are easily connectable and all that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
2012 would fit with Marvel quite well, since they do have a lot more young heroes that are easily connectable and all that
The age of the Heroes doesn't really have anything to do with it. 2012 is just too high concept for Marvel.... man it's really hard for me to get across what I'm trying to say isn't it... IDK. The two universes just feel incompatible.

Plus, need I remind you of the Teen Titans, Young Justice, the original Legion of Superheroes, and all of DC's teenage heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom