• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have been here since brawls time and i mostly lerk. I will chime in every now and then, but not really. Also spend most of my time in the goemon thread.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Minor family annoyance:

Of course just as I go to bed, my sibling decides "Let's shout on the Xbox at 3am!" and thus I won't be able to have a routine for the next god knows how long. I get it, you want to talk to your successor who will never live with you but have some common decency to just use text.

The fact that he hasn't moved out yet is a god ****ing joke. He's almost 30.

Still in all that for a person with bad autism at times, I'm pretty surprised at my level of self control to not snap at stuff like that but eh, it's been overdue to finish an all-nighter.
Stay up til the crack of dawn, buy some snacks and go to bed.

Wanna hear my favourite shopkeeper's result of scamming a company. See if he pulled it off.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
nah, gonna make a team of 6 ratata and see what happens because **** it

....I'm literally taking my deck building strategy and using it here lol
Just make sure they are top tier and wear shorts. You'll be unbeatable

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've seen people give warm welcomes to the newbies but I've never seen this thread shower any guy with as much love as Smush Smush .

Its probably because @JDCabrera was so happy to see him here his excitement rubbed off on everyone else.

Since I'm partaking in the Smush inbox spam now I may as well join the introduction bandwagon. I'm a diehard Charizard / Pokemon Trainer loyalist and also a triehard who acts like hes better at Smash then he really is. People seem to think I like Perry the Platypus for some reason but I'm not sure why.

D

Deleted member

Bout to go to bed but figured a pfp change is in order. previous one was too blurry

Dutch Raikuna

Just watching all of the Fate OPs has made me realise how crazy it is that we haven't had an Arc System Works developed fighting game from them. The two are literally a match made in heaven. That artstyle, over the top battle system, have animated cutscenes by Ufotable, the list goes on for potential.

Or even at least them being in a BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle 2 (probably one of the few who really wants a sequel).

I mean there is that fighting game for the PSP but it looks so iffy, though that would be a good look at hypothetically how Saber could work in Smash Bros and yes, I'm still putting her down as my surprise pick for the final three DLC.

Probably gonna stay up another hour at least.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WandaVision

SmackDown

Euphoria special about Jules

...this was a bomb ass Friday

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I may or may not have drawn a bit of inspiration from your story as I re-read your last excerpt again. Finally gave one of my characters a weapon, finally thought out the finale and expanding more of my world.

Been getting a nagging feeling that my writing isn't good though.
Good to hear! Can’t wait to see your progress! Any thoughts on how I could fill in my excerpt more btw?

I think you’re on the right direction with your writing. If you feel you need more practice, maybe work on a different writing project on the side, like a story story or something.

Dutch Raikuna

Good to hear! Can’t wait to see your progress! Any thoughts on how I could fill in my excerpt more btw?

I think you’re on the right direction with your writing. If you feel you need more practice, maybe work on a different writing project on the side, like a story story or something.
Honestly dude I wouldn't see any major issue with it except maybe shrink your margins a bit, that's more of a personal choice though. Writing is getting better. Plus the character chemistry between your two leads is still great.

Plus I think with mine that's definitely more to do with depression and I know it's my brain being a **** with me. I've got so much more potential with my story and really need to finish it.

Though thinking of how to move it forward and get the motivation, I'm thinking of an idea, and to also test and see how well we know each other's main characters.

Might talk it further when I wake up. Really should go to bed now.

I propose ideas way too much, far more than the average person I feel like.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Consider this...

Colourful ducks, Birds of Paradise, Hornbills, Parrots, hummingbirds, etc...

Then look at dinosaurs and their relation to birds and consider just how much about them we just don't know considering simple things such as colouration can distinguish a species from another.

Even with regards to other animals. D'you think we'd ever imagine tigers to have such bright vibrant orange fur with black stripes if we only had their bones to go off of?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
when it comes to TMNT readaptations of Leonardo getting jumped in the winter by the Foot and then Shredder...2012 did it better than the rest (aka 90s movie, 03 show, and IDW comics). Tho of course it’s no surprise that the best Turtles did an old school storyline better than everyone else could have

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What was even the point?
"We tried to do our best for you"

Give me a break, Increasing the price 100% is better for no one except for the Executives.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Consider this...

Colourful ducks, Birds of Paradise, Hornbills, Parrots, hummingbirds, etc...

Then look at dinosaurs and their relation to birds and consider just how much about them we just don't know considering simple things such as colouration can distinguish a species from another.

Even with regards to other animals. D'you think we'd ever imagine tigers to have such bright vibrant orange fur with black stripes if we only had their bones to go off of?
What's really cool is that by analyzing particularly well preserved feather imprints, scientists have been able to predict the feather colors of certain dinosaurs!

Sinosauroptyerox shown in that article had a ring-tail like a lot of modern animals.

And then thereis the very bird-like microraptor which had iridecent black feathers!

As it turns out, dinos converged on color schemes seen in animals alive today. So its very possible an orange dino with black spots or stripes like a tiger or jagaur existed back then to.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What's really cool is that by analyzing particularly well preserved feather imprints, scientists have been able to predict the feather colors of certain dinosaurs!

Sinosauroptyerox shown in that article had a ring-tail like a lot of modern animals.

And then thereis the very bird-like microraptor which had iridecent black feathers!

As it turns out, dinos converged on color schemes seen in animals alive today. So its very possible an orange dino with black spots or stripes like a tiger or jagaur existed back then to.
Oh yeah, and once they found a really well-preserved Platecarpus fossil that gave a lot of insight into mosasaurs. Turns out they had a proper caudal fin, swam like sharks rather than eels, and had shark-like coloration too. It's always fun when we find new facts about prehistoric life, especially when we look back on the old depictions and laugh.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I think we can all agree that the most obnoxious part about looking online for meal recipes is when the author decides to fill 3/4 of the page with a story about the first time they ever made it for themselves. I don’t need your life story, dahling, I’m just hungry and need some form of fulfillment in my life.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What a day. Work sucked a lot, but afterwards I watched a good stream of Quest 64, then a bit of ALTTP Randomizer(motly finished seeds), and now am trying out some Quest 64 rando. It's interesting to have spell effects swapped. The most notable bit is Healing Lv 2 costs... 1 MP. That's a huge thing for me since it's super cost efficient and good~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom