• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway now that he's been out for a good long while I think it's safe to say that I think Steve is the most tilting character to fight.

He doesn't care what you're doing. He just wants to mine. And if you try to get close he'll chuck a mine cart at you that doesn't do damage but beats shield and just carries you away, so he can mine some more in peace. Other camping characters are always chucking projectiles or charging spin dashes or something to threaten you but Steven just sits in place, looking down and swinging his shovel. He's got diamonds to collect. You wanna play Smash Bros and he wants to sit in the corner and play Minecraft.

And I have a smile on my face as I type this out because while he's tilting to me, it's also really funny. He's annoying in the silliest way possible. It's like Mr.Game&Watch and Duck Hunt all over again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I remember one of my dreams was me watching the game awards with a friend, I guess I really want more news. They started with a full reveal of BotW2, I think it was called like... Zelda: Breath of the Void: Dawn of Malice. Like, it had two subtitles for some reason. Then they revealed Injustice 3, and it was only on next gen hardware much to my frustration in dream. And then they revealed a bunch of Smash fighters. One of them was Rayman, but the rest were echo fighters, the only one I remember clearly was that Upa from Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa was in as a Kirby echo (of all characters). Just... weird. Then my dreams moved on to stranger pastures.

D

Deleted member

Just had breakfast and I think It is a good time to keep watching Owl House episodes.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I need to get out of bed and buy some ramen. Wanna try it with fish today.

I was gonna try shrimp but anything showing the head puts me off that kinda thing. Might see if I can some tuna and seafood flavour ramen.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway now that he's been out for a good long while I think it's safe to say that I think Steve is the most tilting character to fight.

He doesn't care what you're doing. He just wants to mine. And if you try to get close he'll chuck a mine cart at you that doesn't do damage but beats shield and just carries you away, so he can mine some more in peace. Other camping characters are always chucking projectiles or charging spin dashes or something to threaten you but Steven just sits in place, looking down and swinging his shovel. He's got diamonds to collect. You wanna play Smash Bros and he wants to sit in the corner and play Minecraft.

And I have a smile on my face as I type this out because while he's tilting to me, it's also really funny. He's annoying in the silliest way possible. It's like Mr.Game&Watch and Duck Hunt all over again.
Don't believe the Izaw propaganda.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

"Steve is the most tilting character to fight."

That's a funny way of spelling "Palutena." :p

Admittedly, I do disagree. While there are some of his moves that can be seriously annoying, it's at least difficult to get used to his toolkit because of how varied and complex it can get. With Palu though, you can pick her up and be good with her fairly quickly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Admittedly, I do disagree. While there are some of his moves that can be seriously annoying, it's at least difficult to get used to his toolkit because of how varied and complex it can get. With Palu though, you can pick her up and be good with her fairly quickly.
All you gotta do to be Palutena is know how to Nair and you're already playing her at top level. :4wario2:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Somehow I'm the opposite when it comes to Steve and Palu. The former I managed to get used to very quick the later I cannot figure out. Everyone is different when it comes to certain characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Don't believe the Izaw propaganda.
I genuinely wonder if that guy is saying Steve is the worst out of bias or something. Some of his claims were debunked easily from my point of view just from playing some matches and watching other videos like other top players and KingofSkill’s Steve montage.

Like his claim that people could just jump over the TNT or roll past it - which is technically true, but if set up right, neither is an issue (especially not opponents jumping over the TNT if you’re quick), plus you can send a minecart to carry rollers back into the TNT lol. More-recently someone also debunked his claim that Steve’s b-air or f-air (forgot which) wasn’t good against a shielding Cloud - you just need to space it right, though I think you didn’t need perfect spacing either heheh.

Plus he acts like he was in top-level play but from what I remember, he played kinda badly, with other Steve, Alex etc. players doing better; he was kinda slow and barely used blocks, or used them weirdly, and seemingly tried spamming moves like randomly using minecarts at bad times. Or built a wall and kept mining even when the opponent was about to break through. Tbh though, sometimes I couldn’t tell who he was supposed to be either, since often in his video both characters in the match had his name :S

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, I guess they're the "Steve is the worst character in comp" person I saw once or twice.

Seems like an extreme view on him, but then again I don't play comp so what do I know, lol.
That's them, yep
I genuinely wonder if that guy is saying Steve is the worst out of bias or something. Some of his claims were debunked easily from my point of view just from playing some matches and watching other videos like other top players and KingofSkill’s Steve montage.

Like his claim that people could just jump over the TNT or roll past it - which is technically true, but if set up right, neither is an issue (especially not opponents jumping over the TNT if you’re quick), plus you can send a minecart to carry rollers back into the TNT lol. More-recently someone also debunked his claim that Steve’s b-air or f-air (forgot which) wasn’t good against a shielding Cloud - you just need to space it right, though I think you didn’t need perfect spacing either heheh.

Plus he acts like he was in top-level play but from what I remember, he played kinda badly, with other Steve, Alex etc, players doing better; he was kinda slow and barely used blocks, or used them weirdly, and seemingly tried spamming moves like randomly using minecarts at bad times. Or built a wall and kept mining even when the opponent was about to break through. Tbh though, sometimes I couldn’t tell who he was supposed to be either, since often in his video both characters in the match had his name :S
It was like day 1 Steve where all everyone did was mash and not use cool block setups.

Of course he's bottom 1 like that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Once we see the mainline Pokémon game, I will be making a bingo card about that and the 25th anniversary.

Didn't do so hot with my Sword/Shield bingo card back in the day but they're fun to do

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes.

Steve is high tier at worst. Nowhere near the worst in the game
Huh, interesting, I haven't heard much about him competitive wise, compared to Sephi atleast.

If you got any videos that show his strength well at top level, let me know.
Who is Izaw and why should I care about whatever they say?
Someone who usually make cool Smash Bros Tutorial videos for Ultimate characters, but for some reasons see Steve as a bottom tier character, despite evidence to the contrary.

Really, outside of Steve, he make good videos imo, but his opinion on Steve is just weird.

D

Deleted member

Huh, interesting, I haven't heard much about him competitive wise, compared to Sephi atleast.

If you got any videos that show his strength well at top level, let me know.

Someone who usually make cool Smash Bros Tutorial videos for Ultimate characters, but for some reasons see Steve as a bottom tier character, despite evidence to the contrary.

Really, outside of Steve, he make good videos imo, but his opinion on Steve is just weird.
I might check some Izaw videos sometime to see if they are my kind of thing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I might check some Izaw videos sometime to see if they are my kind of thing.
Check out any videos that isn't his Steve one, then take a look at them to see if you agree or not.

That's the best way to go about it imo.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
While we have some evidence as to where Steve lies, top of top tier vs bottom of bottom tier is pretty extreme to look at and consider, with how he's one of the more recent DLC characters.

His theory would most likely indicate high tier while his matchup spread would probably indicate mid tier. However, he's one of the three DLC characters released during the covid era, so having a hard-line tier guess for him would be foolish imo, until we have IRL tournaments again. Then, let's see where Steve, along with Seph and Min Min stack up.

Sure, we can have guesses as to where these three characters are, but acting like we know for sure where they're placed on the tier list is very short-sighted, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people starting to think Min Min is the worst and most hateable, Steve being considered high and trash tier by multiple people

Dripiroth, Joker, Terry, and Fyleth being sexy as usual...while Myleth take all the By hate

Hero being a suicidal weeb (no reason to kamikaze my guys...other than the fact that it’s fun as **** and the only move I find worth using), Banjo and Piranha Plant...being bros or something...

Makoto Niijima beating up people cause yaaaaaaass slay it Queen

all y’all talking bout dem dlc characters...and I’m here holding my homie Pit (but not you Pittoo...yo ass don’t get to be loved)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Quick art update. I had the 4 main style changes done as well for the Mega Man.EXE drawing. Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Metal Shop X Metal Shop X .

I got one more drawing for Friday, then a whole week's worth starting on Monday.

D

Deleted member

Quick art update. I had the 4 main style changes done as well for the Mega Man.EXE drawing. Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Metal Shop X Metal Shop X .

I got one more drawing for Friday, then a whole week's worth starting on Monday.
Really nice stuff!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

That's a funny way to spell Min Min

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Oracle Link

Smash Master
some of the Comments:
I agree with you man. Pokémon Black and White were definitely my least favorite
Amazing review.
I just laughed my ass off. I now have no intention of getting Pokemon Black or White. I made it decently through Diamond and thought it was only okay. I enjoyed how they at least tried to be creative in how you get your starting pokemon...There is so much possibility for much more productive plots, but they don't seem keen on taking a risk that direction.
I haven't played them, but I had my suspicions they might be bad when I saw the Pokemon list and it was like "Garbage can Pokemon," "Ice cream cone Pokemon."

Funny how Sword and Shield are better received Than Black and white where back then
IT HAS 2 CAVES AND RECYCLED GAPHICS and a looooot of "Object Pokemon" (which i like Personaly)
AND GAMEFREAK LIED MULTIPLE TIMES

Pokemon Fanboys are weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom