• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guess who's back! I was planning on taking a break for longer but whatevs, just needed to get away from the site even if it was just for a day and a half

D

Deleted member

Man I had completely forgotten how fun Terraria is to play. Me and siblings have been playing on a world together and already gotten to Hardmode for the past few days. Whether going into Hardmode was a good idea or not is yet to be determined...
I'm the summoner/builder, my sister is the mage, and idk what my younger brother wants to use yet

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have played Black and White but not Sword and Shield but considering that the Gameplay is Identical to Sun and Moon in Literally Anyway but the Storymode is Worse im sure i have a Good enough Grasp to complain about them! Right???? Like for Example How your Janked of two Times from the "ELITE FOuR" to Cram the Entire Bad Team Plot into it
And Considering as soon as i buy them im part of the Problem

But yeah you meant the Random Comments Guy not me so yay im fine!

Edit: And the Graphics are almost Identical and a looot of other Things And the 64 Tree Pathetic Gamefreak Managars (but not the Workers i pity You)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man I had completely forgotten how fun Terraria is to play. Me and siblings have been playing on a world together and already gotten to Hardmode for the past few days. Whether going into Hardmode was a good idea or not is yet to be determined...
I'm the summoner/builder, my sister is the mage, and idk what my younger brother wants to use yet
Ive been telling myself to buy it after watching a youtube I watch play it and Im having a hard time convening myself

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
some of the Comments:
I agree with you man. Pokémon Black and White were definitely my least favorite
Amazing review.
I just laughed my ass off. I now have no intention of getting Pokemon Black or White. I made it decently through Diamond and thought it was only okay. I enjoyed how they at least tried to be creative in how you get your starting pokemon...There is so much possibility for much more productive plots, but they don't seem keen on taking a risk that direction.
I haven't played them, but I had my suspicions they might be bad when I saw the Pokemon list and it was like "Garbage can Pokemon," "Ice cream cone Pokemon."

Funny how Sword and Shield are better received Than Black and white where back then
IT HAS 2 CAVES AND RECYCLED GAPHICS and a looooot of "Object Pokemon" (which i like Personaly)
AND GAMEFREAK LIED MULTIPLE TIMES

Pokemon Fanboys are weird!
The graphics were recycled in some aspects, but saying they're all recycled is a lie. You can tell just by looking. I'm not sure how BW only having two things labeled "Cave" makes it suddenly bad.
I have played Black and White but not Sword and Shield but considering that the Gameplay is Identical to Sun and Moon in Literally Anyway but the Storymode is Worse im sure i have a Good enough Grasp to complain about them! Right???? Like for Example How your Janked of two Times from the "ELITE FOuR" to Cram the Entire Bad Team Plot into it
And Considering as soon as i buy them im part of the Problem

But yeah you meant the Random Comments Guy not me so yay im fine!

Edit: And the Graphics are almost Identical and a looot of other Things And the 64 Tree Pathetic Gamefreak Managars (but not the Workers i pity You)
I literally cannot decipher what this is meant to say, no offense.

D

Deleted member

So is now the time to admit that I didn't really like Super Paper Mario initially?

I think it's good now, but back then I didn't like it.
Tends to happen a lot.

I used to really dislike Splatoon 1 but with time I did start to appreciate more the good things It did.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, as iconic as this is, I feel people seem to miss the point of it. It's a joke to all the complaints about Super Paper Mario changing it's gameplay significantly, but the core of the joke is that literally nobody played Paper Mario because of the gameplay when the complaints made it seem like it was the only thing people liked. I saw this get used a lot for Origami King but that game had a lot of red flags beyond the gameplay pre release. Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into this meme

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, as iconic as this is, I feel people seem to miss the point of it. It's a joke to all the complaints about Super Paper Mario changing it's gameplay significantly, but the core of the joke is that literally nobody played Paper Mario because of the gameplay when the complaints made it seem like it was the only thing people liked. I saw this get used a lot for Origami King but that game had a lot of red flags beyond the gameplay pre release. Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into this meme
Maybe a little.

D

Deleted member

Ive been telling myself to buy it after watching a youtube I watch play it and Im having a hard time convening myself
I'll admit that even after playing for easily thousands of hours(it was my first steam game after all) it can get pretty dull sometimes, as once you get the progression down once it becomes pretty samey. Defeat this boss, than this one, than explore this place, than dig down, etc etc.

What really makes the game fun for me is the exploration: i love digging down and searching for the items I seek, and unlike Minecraft where I'm scared ****less half of the time, going caving in Terraria feels more like an adventure. Building is also pretty fun too although I'm pretty novice at that. I also don't really like the spreading biomes as they're very annoying stains on your world you have to deal with, especially in hardmode where they spread at hyperspeed and you're basically on a timer to get the one thing that can fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still wish we got Fawful & Dimentio working together in a official Mario game.

Tho I'm glad atleast Jevil caused peoples to create the clown/jester gang with him, Dimentio & Marx. (alongside other clown characters if we're lucky)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The graphics were recycled in some aspects, but saying they're all recycled is a lie. You can tell just by looking. I'm not sure how BW only having two things labeled "Cave" makes it suddenly bad.

I literally cannot decipher what this is meant to say, no offense.
IT HAS 2 CAVES AND RECYCLED GAPHICS and a looooot of "Object Pokemon" (which i like Personaly)
AND GAMEFREAK LIED MULTIPLE TIMES This part refers to Sword and Shield!

D

Deleted member

AND GAMEFREAK LIED MULTIPLE TIMES This part refers to Sword and Shield!
I mean ya they recycled the graphics but that's standard for franchises like this. Why would they bother going to futureproof all the models if they weren't going to use them?

The issue isn't the fact they recycled them, but rather the quality. This image is a pretty good example of what I mean
download (37).jpeg

Like, sure they're reusing old models, but what's the point if this is the result?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I need to practice drawing myself but I left all my supplies at home
don't even have a paper or pencil
that's what good about digital drawing.

No need for paper or pencil, just a mouse and you can do your ****post no problem. 👌😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom