• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just saw a speed run for the three endings of Nun Massacre, and that takes a special kind of crazy to do.

Like jesus christ, playing that game normally is ****ing terrifying but actually speedrunning it? The maddest of lads.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nah, feminine Pokémon have their place in the series. They should ditch the 87% male thing, it’s super easy to breed starters now. It doesn’t matter anymore.
I think it was originaly because there where more Male Players so you have a Starter of the Same Sex
But this Definitly doesnt work anymore so maybe make it that theyre always your Sex
ya know because it just would make sense

Also lets adress the more important Gender/sex Thing Boys cant wear Girl clothes in Pokemon not even Sandals in Hawaii But Girls Can Wear Reds Outfit (a male Outfit) and Boys have LESS POKEBALL HATS THAN GIRLS WHYYY?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't watched much of Steven Universe.

I saw one episode once, found It alright and since then I didn't see anything else.
Idk why.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair Steven Universe also has SEX-Fusion

Like seriously Wtf
Bruh I assume you’d don’t mean sex as the gender but the act.

Which for the 1000 time the show explicitly states and the entire team has stated fusion is not about sex.

It’s meant to show the way people have formed stronger bonds weather it be on a friendship level, familial level, or in a relationship way( Garnet for example)

There’s a reason why fusions come about in desperate situations in the show, they always Happened after pivotal moments of emotional growth or after two characters can to a better understanding over their issues or trauma.

It’s not a sex thing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s got some cool moments, like legitimately amazing stuff. It’s also a drag a lot of the time. Your enjoyment may vary.
Every song is a straight banger. When you get to the payoff moments they payoff pretty damn well. And honestly the townies episodes were still fun and they come together to make a big impact on the overall story which I enjoyed.

It has flaws, mainly the budget definitely holds back a lot of ideas they had. But it’s still pretty enjoyable. Also the movie was fantastic and the stories they tell in that show can really hit people hard.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jesus Christ, I still can't believe it's less than 10 weeks away.

Theater or not, I ain't missing. Someone is for sure is gonna upload it somewhere on the internet, this just depends if my theater re-opens by then.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Might get buried so just a message for anyone who has 51 Worldwide Games: Thanks to this game, I've learned how to play Shogi and my god is it a bit more fun than chess.

Wished we got more games via DLC in there. So I made a list of ones in a hypothetical scenario that I would like to see.

Mini Golf
Super Hanafuda - Mario 35th collaboration. Hanafuda with Mario Power-Ups involved.
Slot Cars Extra - 4 Slot Cars on the 5 new tracks.
Battleship
Janggi (Korean Chess)
Game of Ur - One of the oldest board games in human history.
Snakes and Ladders
Trick Archery

And then a few toy games:

Toy Skateboarding - Like those fingerboards you would play with.
Toy Basketball
Toy Rounders - Similar to Toy Baseball, plus no Irish representation.
Toy Sumo

Seriously glad I picked up the game. Also been enjoying Hare and Hounds, Renegade, Toy Curling, Chinese Checkers and of course Chess.

Edit: Rebound and Marble Run, licensing be damned. Both games were awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Might get buried so just a message for anyone who has 51 Worldwide Games: Thanks to this game, I've learned how to play Shogi and my god is it a bit more fun than chess.

Wished we got more games via DLC in there. So I made a list of ones in a hypothetical scenario that I would like to see.

Mini Golf
Super Hanafuda - Mario 35th collaboration. Hanafuda with Mario Power-Ups involved.
Slot Cars Extra - 4 Slot Cars on the 5 new tracks.
Battleship
Janggi (Korean Chess)
Game of Ur - One of the oldest board games in human history.
Snakes and Ladders
Trick Archery

And then a few toy games:

Toy Skateboarding - Like those fingerboards you would play with.
Toy Basketball
Toy Rounders - Similar to Toy Baseball
Toy Sumo

Seriously glad I picked up the game.
Ngl, you are making me want to buy 51 Worldwide Games. Seems like you are having a lot of fun.

And while I like the list you have here, I sadly feel that Battleship wouldn't happen as It is a board game owned by Hasbro (the company which also owns Transformers, My Little Pony, Clue/Cluedo and many others), so idk if Nintendo would want to make a deal with them for the DLC.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ngl, you are making me want to buy 51 Worldwide Games. Seems like you are having a lot of fun.

And while I like the list you have here, I sadly feel that Battleship wouldn't happen as It is a board game owned by Hasbro (the company which also owns Transformers, My Little Pony, Clue/Cluedo and many others), so idk if Nintendo would want to make a deal with them for the DLC.
Battleship was present in the DS Clubhouse Games under the name Grid Attack so it could return as DLC under that name.

On a similar note, Stratego was present in DS under the name Field Tactics.

Dutch Raikuna

Well that's disappointing. I actually enjoyed Battleship.

Now that you remind me, I'll add two more to the list. Rebound and Marble Run. Miss playing them as a kid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Battleship was present in the DS Clubhouse Games under the name Grid Attack so it could return as DLC under that name.

On a similar note, Stratego was present in DS under the name Field Tactics.
Oh, that's actually a really strong point.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, cool bug facts:
This was almost a thing
Lovely
I'm kind of skeptical of this claim. I'd believe the directors would be trying to see how much they could get away with for the sake of their creative freedom, but to the extant of R-level violence?

Eh but what do I know, I'm just a guy on the internetz.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
why does this always happen to cartoons with the most potential
Because realistically cartoon network probably weren’t looking to order a super story heavy cartoon but instead a fun episodic story about a boy with magical powers. I think the Steven Universe Art boom they put out actually touches on this too, talking about how most of the townie episodes were mandatory to make when they wanted to do other stories.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
D

Deleted member

I'm kind of skeptical of this claim. I'd believe the directors would be trying to see how much they could get away with for the sake of their creative freedom, but to the extant of R-level violence?

Tbf, Epic Mickey started it's creation with the team behind the Game doing Dark and twisted concept art and lowering the tone from that point until they got the right amount of Dark undertones Disney would approve.

So if this Raya thing is true It wouldn't be the first time a team tried to test the limits Disney allowed for it's creation.

I reccomend this video by Matt McMuscles about the development of Epic Mickey, It explains what I just said way better and gives a lot of interesting perspectives about the development of the Game:

Dutch Raikuna

Two puzzle games I really wished got remade for Switch cause of how brilliant they where.

1611259819150.png
1611259846334.png

Both in a way ball rolling puzzle games but with these two, I probably wouldn't have gotten into Katamari Damacy.

I remember Nintendo hyping up Kororinpa to be one of their big third party Wii titles back in the day and I bought it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just listed like 100-something cards on my seller store.

probably won't even make a profit but I just want to get rid of them

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Steven Universe T A L K

also Yaldabaoth ****ing sucks as a final boss compared to the GOATED Royal final boss
That’s a gross oversimplification
that's putting it nicely if they mean the ****ing kind of sex
That's the first time someone has ever told me something like that.

Maybe I should check the show out sometime.
no checking out...only fully watching
This song is definitely under appreciated imo:
**** gets real when the ringtone hits
Oh yeah, cool bug facts:
This was almost a thing
Lovely
Disney ain't trying to go rated r yet...that's for Deadpool 3

lots of family like movies have tested these limits to see what can be kept
Because realistically cartoon network probably weren’t looking to order a super story heavy cartoon but instead a fun episodic story about a boy with magical powers. I think the Steven Universe Art boom they put out actually touches on this too, talking about how most of the townie episodes were mandatory to make when they wanted to do other stories.
and in return they got Adventure Time and Steven Universe in a singular decade...despite some issues

Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom