• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The lack of Battle Frontier does suck.

...I'll gladly take the lack of the other feature, which always stacks it against you(even those who looked into the data found out it's programmed to make things harder for you every single battle). ._. I forget its name. >.<;

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Also I picked Alpha Sapphire because I picked Sapphire back in the day.

I regretted it immensely due to how GOOD they made Groudon in comparison to Kyorgeandacertainother,Courtneyshapedreason.
I picked Sapphire because my birthstone is Sapphire. September, baby!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Drawing hands sucks
When I was in art class, they told me to look at my hand, look away from the paper, and draw your hand blindly.
It makes you notice the tiny details, as you are bound to overexaggerate them when drawing blindly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I KNOW.
I usually try drawing mittens to help visualize my hands, but even then they still. Look. Bad! Why!?
The wrist curves like this, no wait, too much curve, redi, ah now it's straight. **** it. Fingers, too thin, redo, too fat, redo, no wait they don't bend like this, no wait, they do, bow where does the thumb go? Here? No, no wait, here, no wait ah **** it looks like **** erases the entire hand

Shroob

Sup?
The wrist curves like this, no wait, too much curve, redi, ah now it's straight. ** it. Fingers, too thin, redo, too fat, redo, no wait they don't bend like this, no wait, they do, bow where does the thumb go? Here? No, no wait, here, no wait ah ** it looks like **** erases the entire hand
Pshaw, drawing hands is overrated.

One of the more famous visual novel dudes in Japan can't draw hands worth a damn and has had like 5 animes based off his IPs. It's all about attracting an audience. :4pacman:

1610685724723.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, if they wanna stick with the wild area idea, what locations of Diamond and Pearl could work?
The part that’s not in the game. Make the Wild Area it’s own game or something. Pokémon Safari.

Drawing hands sucks
That’s why I always go styleized. Cartoons have dozens of ways to draw hands that are far easier than any realism and tend to look better 9 times out of 10.

Shroob

Sup?
Y'all ever live next to a neighbor whose music is soo loud that your furniture shakes?

And she's like 60 something and it's all modern hits? And she's not even hard of hearing? She just cranks her volume to max when she's mad about something?

Was thiiiiiiiiiis close to calling the popo on her to turn it down after she refused to after like 3 different neighbors complained to her directly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s why I always go styleized. Cartoons have dozens of ways to draw hands that are far easier than any realism and tend to look better 9 times out of 10.
You're making it sound like stylized designs are for people who can't draw well, when the best cartoon drawings come from having a firm grasp on anatomy and knowing how to simplify it.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The wrist curves like this, no wait, too much curve, redi, ah now it's straight. ** it. Fingers, too thin, redo, too fat, redo, no wait they don't bend like this, no wait, they do, bow where does the thumb go? Here? No, no wait, here, no wait ah ** it looks like **** erases the entire hand
Are you drawing realistic or stylized hands?
If realistic, take Art classes.
If stylized, then you're free to draw them any way you want.
I design characters, and my characters' hands are different depending on their gender.
Men's are basically baseball gloves, and women's are like... cones, kinda.
Hell, I even have my own trick where if a female character has a certain type of eyebrows, it's meant to signify that they're attractive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're making it sound like stylized designs are for people who can't draw well, when the best cartoon drawings come from having a firm grasp on anatomy and knowing how to simplify it.
If that’s how I made it sound then I apologize. I’m not trying to downplay the effort that needs to go in to learning anatomy to figure out drawing. I’m just saying that if you asked me to crank out a realistic hand it would take about an hour. But if you asked me to draw Mickey Mouse’s I could do it in a minute.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Y'all ever live next to a neighbor whose music is soo loud that your furniture shakes?

And she's like 60 something and it's all modern hits? And she's not even hard of hearing? She just cranks her volume to max when she's mad about something?

Was thiiiiiiiiiis close to calling the popo on her to turn it down after she refused to after like 3 different neighbors complained to her directly.
Did she tell you that her First Amendment rights were protected by her Second Amendment rights?

Shroob

Sup?
Did she tell you that her First Amendment rights were protected by her Second Amendment rights?
I didn't talk to her, but when my pictures on the wall were falling off due to how LOUD it was, yeah, I was this close.

Afaik, she's thiiiiiis close to being evicted due to how much the other neighbors hate her, so I wouldn't be sad at all to see her go.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I didn't talk to her, but when my pictures on the wall were falling off due to how LOUD it was, yeah, I was this close.

Afaik, she's thiiiiiis close to being evicted due to how much the other neighbors hate her, so I wouldn't be sad at all to see her go.
There's only one way out of this.
You have to get into a loudness war with her. Blast YOUR music so that she knows that there's a new alpha wolf in town.
Every time she turns her **** louder, you must keep 1-Upping her until her speakers burst into flames.
Then you may rest quietly knowing that you were the hero of the day.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Shroob's neighbor

Shroob

Sup?
There's only one way out of this.
You have to get into a loudness war with her. Blast YOUR music so that she knows that there's a new alpha wolf in town.
Every time she turns her **** louder, you must keep 1-Upping her until her speakers burst into flames.
Then you may rest quietly knowing that you were the hero of the day.
Nah Imma just call the Popo on her ass next time. It's what the manager said to do until they can work out a way to evict her while finding a place that'll take her. :4pacman:

She's an absolutely miserable person who slings profanity at all the neighbor kids and screams in the dead of night at people that don't exist, while slamming her front door repeatedly at like midnight, she really shouldn't be living alone.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well I’ve decided to support another old Cartoon Network show getting... anything really. Which required me to change that avatar of mine again.

Never saw the show but the animation looks cute.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Nah Imma just call the Popo on her ass next time. It's what the manager said to do until they can work out a way to evict her while finding a place that'll take her. :4pacman:

She's an absolutely miserable person who slings profanity at all the neighbor kids and screams in the dead of night at people that don't exist, while slamming her front door repeatedly at like midnight, she really shouldn't be living alone.
Wait. Is it this woman?
we-tracked-down-capitol-meemaw-who-was-not-actual-2-6803-1610491109-8_dblbig.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For the past few days my sister has had a different sleeping schedule then usual. By the time I wake up she's already left the apartment early for work, and by the time I get home she's already asleep.

It's pretty lonely.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, I, along with probably countless others literally sank a good 50-100 hours into the Battle Frontier in Emerald, it's what got me into comp in the first place since I had to learn about stuff like Natures and EVs.

It's not a dealbreaker, but honestly, you'd have heard a LOT less ******** if they just...hadn't had the "Battle Tower: COMING SOON!"(Never) there in the game. It's a """""CUTE""""" reference that rubbed fans the wrong way.
I put 999 hours on ORAS. It’s easily one of the best pokEmon games. Plenty of content, great look for a remake, amazing music, plenty of post game and a lot of fun features for hunting Pokémon. The BF is great but it didn’t need to be included to make it better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s better but not gonna lie two parts of it are terrible.

First he opens it up by literally Victim blaming.

“They told me I was their closest friend what changed?”

Like holy **** that’s bad.

Secondly he tries to pretend( or genuinely doesn’t know) the origin of the 1-2 dollars an hour. Which if he did all this research he should know the origin and also should be able to accurately do the math. Unless Steve’s wife was wrong or lying( neither of which make /“sense) then he should be able to figure it out based on their salary.

Like I hope he genuinely commits to change but Continuing to victim blame isn’t a good look and his last statement clearly be set up for a forced statement by Tris still aren’t great.

I wouldn’t be shocked if nothing changes but I hope for the new employees it does as they seem like chill people.

Also I don’t like how this statement completely ignores Derricks statement which raises some big problems, but it is what it is at this point I suppose.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s better but not gonna lie two parts of it are terrible.

First he opens it up by literally Victim blaming.

“They told me I was their closest friend what changed?”

Like holy **** that’s bad.

Secondly he tries to pretend( or genuinely doesn’t know) the origin of the 1-2 dollars an hour. Which if he did all this research he should know the origin and also should be able to accurately do the math. Unless Steve’s wife was wrong or lying( neither of which make /“sense) then he should be able to figure it out based on their salary.

Like I hope he genuinely commits to change but Continuing to victim blame isn’t a good look and his last statement clearly be set up for a forced statement by Tris still aren’t great.

I wouldn’t be shocked if nothing changes but I hope for the new employees it does as they seem like chill people.

Also I don’t like how this statement completely ignores Derricks statement which raises some big problems, but it is what it is at this point I suppose.
For me, the fact this is the first time he called them friends in the statement when the first one merely called them contractors is telling

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And that's what we call an opinion, class. Everyone has one.
Don’t get me wrong, I really want the Shinnoh Frontier back because those facilities were great but I wouldn’t even be shocked if it wasn’t. While losing features sucks, I do think the remakes can still stand on their own with the right attention put into them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, as of now atleast, Andre sound more like that, in spite of his position, he is really incompetent on alot of stuff he should know better by now. Rather than being outright actively malicious. Which is still bad, don't get me wrong, but there's a difference there.

Idk tho, still feel we need more info on both sides to get a clearer picture.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, Valentines Serena incoming:
50E4BEC3-8334-4820-B325-882B4BFB26E0.jpeg

Also apparently Xerneas and Yvueltal but DENA said they aren’t getting paired with characters we would expect.

So take your bets on whose it gonna be. Also a sync pair with unprecedented capabilities is coming and I have no clue who fits that bill either

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Anyway, Valentines Serena incoming:
View attachment 299348
Also apparently Xerneas and Yvueltal but DENA said they aren’t getting paired with characters we would expect.

So take your bets on whose it gonna be. Also a sync pair with unprecedented capabilities is coming and I have no clue who fits that bill either
Five Master Balls says it's that duo from XY who go around hunting Zygarde cells.

Edit: Also, apparently Dynamaxing is coming to Masters, seems they won't be done with that feature just yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Five Master Balls says it's that duo from XY who go around hunting Zygarde cells.

Edit: Also, apparently Dynamaxing is coming to Masters, seems they won't be done with that feature just yet.
Dexio and Sina would be pretty cool actually. I liked their Alola designs and it be pretty interesting to see them get in before bigger names.

Shroob

Sup?
Don’t get me wrong, I really want the Shinnoh Frontier back because those facilities were great but I wouldn’t even be shocked if it wasn’t. While losing features sucks, I do think the remakes can still stand on their own with the right attention put into them.
Stand on their own? Sure, I don't deny that.

Appeal to fans of the originals and give them what they want? That's to be determined.

Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom