• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No! Not cosmetics! My weakness! AAAAH PIRATE CINDERACE!
Bruh they really did just give my favourite mon a Kamen Rider suit

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm starting to feel really depressed.

I don't have anything going on in my life except for my work and video games, the former of which I don't exactly enjoy and the latter of which can only do so much for me. I've barely been able to speak with my sister for the past few days, which also means I haven't been able to talk to her about her hoarding problem that's making our little apartment a horrible place to live.

So I've just been spending my free time playing Smash for hours on end, until I get tired and nees a break. Then I realize that I don't have anything else to do except try to clean the⁹ horrible mess surrounding me, and so I go back to Smash except that this time I'm tired and not having fun anymore.

I dunno what I should do. I guess since I have so much freetime now it might see about going back to online college. And maybe I need a pet, but I don't want to have it when my home is a mess unsuitable for one and my sister keeps struggling to provide her half of the rent.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dexio and Sina would be pretty cool actually. I liked their Alola designs and it be pretty interesting to see them get in before bigger names.
I wouldn't mind them either, I just would find it funny if they managed to upstage the rivals and Professor Sycamore twice over after getting into SM/USUM over them.

I have to say those costumes are pretty neat, I'm surprised they managed to get Sir Aaron Lucario since I don't think that character has been seen since the movie came out.

Also, Crustle is an interesting choice for a playable character.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People complained about Unite? And now they forgot about it?

Deploy the costumes...
also isn't it redundant to put pants on cinderace when the ******'s already wearing biological shorts

Shroob

Sup?

Deploy the costumes...
also isn't it redundant to put pants on cinderace when the ******'s already wearing biological shorts
What, you don't wear two pairs of pants like a perfectly normal human being?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Deploy the costumes...
I'm gonna use that excuse next time I got to the store and call it a biological skin suit.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyway, Valentines Serena incoming:
View attachment 299348
Also apparently Xerneas and Yvueltal but DENA said they aren’t getting paired with characters we would expect.

So take your bets on whose it gonna be. Also a sync pair with unprecedented capabilities is coming and I have no clue who fits that bill either
Will laugh if this Serena is as broken as regular Serena is. More Fairy types the better though.

How Xerneas/Yyveltal will work will be interesting; how would reruns work? Hopefully if they are scoutable that could mean they come with sync grids. Crossing my fingers for a Fariy striker Xerneas. Also would guess they'll be paired with either Sycamore, AZ, or Lysandre.

Unprecedented I have no idea, though a sleep talk based Red with Snorlax has been something I've seen requested a lot. Maybe someone will get Ditto? lol

Sounds like Leon will be the main event for the 2nd Anniversary if they're introducing Dynamaxing. Though I wonder if they'll give him Charizard or instead settle with Dragapult or one of the Starters. We really don't need another Charizard IMO.

Am now regretting attempting to go for 2/5 May now. Blew an extra 10k trying to get her, though the Tech Move Candy coins were nice.

Reactions: Z25

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm starting to feel really depressed.

I don't have anything going on in my life except for my work and video games, the former of which I don't exactly enjoy and the latter of which can only do so much for me. I've barely been able to speak with my sister for the past few days, which also means I haven't been able to talk to her about her hoarding problem that's making our little apartment a horrible place to live.

So I've just been spending my free time playing Smash for hours on end, until I get tired and nees a break. Then I realize that I don't have anything else to do except try to clean the⁹ horrible mess surrounding me, and so I go back to Smash except that this time I'm tired and not having fun anymore.

I dunno what I should do. I guess since I have so much freetime now it might see about going back to online college. And maybe I need a pet, but I don't want to have it when my home is a mess unsuitable for one and my sister keeps struggling to provide her half of the rent.
Have you tried to listen to calm/relaxing musics?

When I feel down, I listen to music like Uwa!! So Temperate (actual title) from Undertale or listen to video games soundtrack with rain in the background, like this one, while I take a nap.

I know it's not much and doesn't resolve the problems you got, but I couldn't let your post get buried without saying something that, hopefully, make you feel better.

You aren't alone, pal.

D

Deleted member

Once again I have to stay home because my mom might have been exposed to Covid and considering how sick I felt yesterday I may have caught it myself

D

Deleted member

This morning I woke up thinking about the Ghostbusters soundtrack and how It overall seems to be really underrated online.

Before anyone says "but JD, the main Ghostbusters theme is iconic. Everyone knows It", let me clarify that I know that and feel that It deserves all the praise It gets.
When I talk about the soundtrack, I refer to all the songs composed to the movie.

I feel all of the songs of the movie do a great job at setting the mood of the scenes, and some can even get iconic to the point we recognize them and the scene they come from whenever we hear the songs anywhere.

As an example, here's the theme of the scene where Venkman, Ray and E.Gonn enter the library, a piece of music which at least in my mind I picture really well alongside the scene It plays in:

I also feel that LEGO Dimensions made a great choice by giving the Ghostbusters levels a lot of music from the movie and not just the main theme, as It does really fit strong in the world of Ghostbusters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gonna be making some meatballs for meatball subs today.
Obligatory thing that I thought when you first said Meatballs:
No it isn’t what you think.

I also feel that LEGO Dimensions made a great choice by giving the Ghostbusters levels a lot of music from the movie and not just the main theme, as It does really fit strong in the world of Ghostbusters
Better than the game’s soundtrack for the 2016 Ghostbusters.
Like seriously outside the Ghostbusters theme, the only song in that world I enjoyed was from a Sonic game.
The OG soundtrack is well done and has memorable songs. Also can’t go wrong with the classic Ecto-1 horn.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Better than the game’s soundtrack for the 2016 Ghostbusters.
Like seriously outside the Ghostbusters theme, the only song in that world I enjoyed was from a Sonic game.
The OG soundtrack is well done and has memorable songs. Also can’t go wrong with the classic Ecto-1 horn.
Dimensions used music from other franchises in worlds quite frequently. Like, apparently the Doctor Who world uses Ninjago music at some points.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lance´s German Name is Siegfried based on Siegfried the Dragonslayer Cool Name choice
Funnily enough Lance is still used in German but for this guy

But right now i noticed This Guy is called lance in France AND in JAPANESE so yeah its more acuarate in Germany Again Nice!

D

Deleted member

Fun fact: Wacky Racers was meant to be in Scoob, and Penelope Pitstop was gonna be a main character.

They got cut.
Imo that movie had way too many characters.

They should have just focused on Scooby and the gang.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Half way through the first month of this year. How's everyone holding up? Hopefully, it's been better than shudders last year.

D

Deleted member

Just because something is F2P doesn't make it scummy, IMO.

Besides, Smash already has microtransactions via Mii Costumes, so I don't think doing ones for other characters would really be that different.
Maybe it's just because I've mostly played gacha and mmo f2p games, but more often than not I find that paying money in f2p games is the only way to actually do anything(especially for gacha games)

Although maybe scummy was a bit too strong of a word; purely cosmetic microtransactions are fine as long as they're not overdone IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm plus ultra pissed off right now.

Was cutting my hair (I prefer to be bald) but my buzzer just **** the floor so now I have this big tuft of hair sitting on my noggin. Now I look like a generic fat ******* henchmen in a Batman cartoon.
20210115_094538.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Maybe it's just because I've mostly played gacha and mmo f2p games, but more often than not I find that paying money in f2p games is the only way to actually do anything(especially for gacha games)

Although maybe scummy was a bit too strong of a word; purely cosmetic microtransactions are fine as long as they're not overdone IMO.
I mean, devs gotta make money. If a game lets people do everything it has to offer for free, then there'd be zero incentive to spend money on anything in the game.

Last edited:

AndresSSB

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
PKLS#218

A good example of Cosmetic balance would probably be TF2, cosmetics look cool and are valuable, but you don't really need them to play the game

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whatever we get for a mainline Pokémon game this year, curious to see what they are going to bring to the table for Pokémon and/or forms.

Sword and Shield plus its expansions have provided us with 89 Pokémon, 19 regional forms, and 33 Gigantamax forms.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
This is honestly wishful thinking and probably not going to happen, but imagine if Sinnoh Remakes do come we get Megas back. The mega stones code was found in SWSH, so it may be possible for them to add new ones, especially since Sinnoh only has Abomasnow, Lucario, Garchomp, and Gallade as Megas.

D

Deleted member

This is honestly wishful thinking and probably not going to happen, but imagine if Sinnoh Remakes do come we get Megas back. The mega stones code was found in SWSH, so it may be possible for them to add new ones, especially since Sinnoh only has Abomasnow, Lucario, Garchomp, and Gallade as Megas.
With the backlash Dynamax got(along with the lore reasons for why it won't be able to return in future games) wouldn't surprise me if they bring megas back for the next game's gimmicks as there's nothing stating that it isn't possible outside Kalos, especially since it's a fan favorite

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai can pay attention all he wants, doesn't change the fact that he owns none of the characters in Smash and every new costume addition would require additional negotiations with respective characters' right holders. You're comparing apples and oranges.
Also doesn’t change the fact that this is just, not a thing. Other crossover games made with outside characters have done it. It’s a non-argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom