• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Би ... ХЭЗЭЭ Ч ... зиплэхгүй

seems more like a mistaken assumption than a joke

Bowser and Ganondorf never get to **** anything in the straight direction at this point let alone ****ing around
I mean, would have been cool to fill it up with Smash REFERENCES, but I never expected it to literally be Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
“Leakers“:

“Diamond and Pearl remakes are getting announced next month”

“Wow Pokémon and Gamefreak are going to announce the next mainline game, that’s also a remake that’s been so blatantly teased; on their anniversary?

Well color me surprised! It’s almost like they have done this every year previously

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
RPG's that aren't turn based. Action RPGs. But not Action RPGs like Dark Souls.
If you can put up with Shonen anime bull****, Disney movies, an amazing soundtrack and a long running story arc that took nearly 20 years to complete then Kingdom hearts is worth trying out.

The gameplay is similar to FF7Remake, but more simple.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
“Leakers“:

“Diamond and Pearl remakes are getting announced next month”

“Wow Pokémon and Gamefreak are going to announce the next mainline game, that’s also a remake that’s been so blatantly teased; on their anniversary?

Well color me surprised! It’s almost like they have done this every year previously
I've still barely touched Sword and Shield.
The complete lack of effort put into the game turned me off.
Like, Pokémon Battle Revolution for the ****ing WII looked better. The attack animations had actual animation instead of just being upscaled 3DS crap.

As much as I loved DPP, I balk at the thought of it getting a half-assed remake.
Gen 3 was on of my favorites, and they cut out the Battle Frontier in the remakes because "Kids don't play that far into games anymore." Game Freak even publicly stated that they made the beginning of their games faster paced because of the instant gratification of mobile games giving kids short attention spans.

This genuinely upsets me, as Pokémon was a major part of my gaming portfolio growing up. Whereas Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., etc keep breaking boundaries, Pokémon has become on par with Nickelodeon games, low effort cash grabs, because quality is a waste of money...

I ****ing hate Capitalism.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heh, 666.

Anyway, finally made a decent update on the main page of my wikia(it's in my sig). Now it's a bit more browsable. I plan to add proper navbars, but how I'll do them is still in the open. Mostly cause certain monsters show up in more than one game. So how I'll set that up is unclear. Much like how Smash Wiki has a list of characters depending the game, I'm not sure how to organize it just yet.

...Oh, crap. It's even harder cause Monsters only have one page period, not per game.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Like, Pokémon Battle Revolution for the ****ing WII looked better. The attack animations had actual animation instead of just being upscaled 3DS crap.
We get it. People don't like Sword and Shield. That horse is loooong since dead abd beating it has just gotten really, really old.

You're more them entitled to that opinion but it doesn't need to be brought up every single time someone so much as mentions Pokemon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

As much as I loved DPP, I balk at the thought of it getting a half-assed remake.
Gen 3 was on of my favorites, and they cut out the Battle Frontier in the remakes because "Kids don't play that far into games anymore." Game Freak even publicly stated that they made the beginning of their games faster paced because of the instant gratification of mobile games giving kids short attention spans.

This genuinely upsets me, as Pokémon was a major part of my gaming portfolio growing up. Whereas Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., etc keep breaking boundaries, Pokémon has become on par with Nickelodeon games, low effort cash grabs, because quality is a waste of money...

I ****ing hate Capitalism.
Well the good thing is the remakes never suck because they are made by the B team who put a lot of care and effort in.

In fact the B team is also the ones who made the DLC which is considered the best part of sword and shield.

Shroob

Sup?
Well the good thing is the remakes never suck because they are made by the B team who put a lot of care and effort in.

In fact the B team is also the ones who made the DLC which is considered the best part of sword and shield.
Well, ORAS didn't suck but it coulda been a million times better if it actually just had the Ba---

Ya know, it's a point beaten into the ground a billion times now, I'll let that dead horse lie without striking it.

Reactions: Z25

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
We get it. People don't like Sword and Shield. That horse is loooong since dead abd beating it has just gotten really, really old.

You're more them entitled to that opinion but it doesn't need to be brought up every single time someone so much as mentions Pokemon.
I mean, someone has to keep the fire going, else we're in for more and more bull**** until Pokémon leaves consoles altogether and becomes Mobile-only microtransaction-infested crap and pachinko machines.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... question is, how far into the story will FFVIIR Part 2 take us? Like...
The end of Midgar made a natural stopping point for this one, but I can’t think of one for the next part. Maybe when Cloud gets separated from the party and has that whole existential crisis? You know, start part 3 in control of Tifa and then CID before finally picking up Cloud again?

And no, I don’t think that Tetsuya Nomura being all Tetusya Nomura about it means the plot will significantly change. I legitimately think it’s just an excuse to have a Sephiroth fight at the end of each part like Nintendo shoehorning Bowser into every Mario game. Maybe to have Aerith live too. Because let’s face it. It’s Final Fantasy ****ing VII. No way they’re gonna tamper with it that much. Plus, chained to fate or not Sephiroth’s plan is still the same.

I should replay the original. Maybe this time I’ll actually beat Sephiroth. Would be nice.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway grabbed both Megaman Legacy collections.

Jesus christ I consider myself good at classic Megaman and I completely forgot how bull**** MM9's difficulty can be. :073:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, ORAS didn't suck but it coulda been a million times better if it actually just had the Ba---

Ya know, it's a point beaten into the ground a billion times now, I'll let that dead horse lie without striking it.
Honestly, ORAS is really good, and the fact that one missing (albeit with a stupid reason) feature is the caveat that for some reason makes the game bas makes me wonder if Pokemon fans just want to call it bad for the sake of circlejerking.

Props for being the only modern Pokemon game with an actual postgame that isn't DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, ORAS is really good, and the fact that one missing (albeit with a stupid reason) feature is the caveat that for some reason makes the game bas makes me wonder if Pokemon fans just want to call it bad for the sake of circlejerking.

Props for being the only modern Pokemon game with an actual postgame that isn't DLC.
I mean, I, along with probably countless others literally sank a good 50-100 hours into the Battle Frontier in Emerald, it's what got me into comp in the first place since I had to learn about stuff like Natures and EVs.

It's not a dealbreaker, but honestly, you'd have heard a LOT less ******** if they just...hadn't had the "Battle Tower: COMING SOON!"(Never) there in the game. It's a """""CUTE""""" reference that rubbed fans the wrong way.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The reason for cutting the Battle Frontier honestly bothers me almost as much as its disappearence in the first place.

Its based off the assumption that kids don't have attention spans anymore just because of smart phones which just comes off as really out of touch. Kids are kids no matter what generation they're from. If you make an entertaining games, they'll give it attention.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I didn't like ORAS much my first time through. I think it might have just been me being burnt out on Pokemon at the time, though.

I did love my Nuzlocke of it, though. Because of that run, Mightyena is now one of my all time favorite Pokemon.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Dude. The Battle Frontier was the best part.
I always found Pokémon's story modes to be mediocre run of the mill baby's first RPG.
I would always run through it just to get to competitive play, and the Battle Frontier was the actually fun part that put a twist on competitive play.
I may be the minority here, but I want a $60 Game to have more than 10 hours of gameplay.

Shroob

Sup?
Also I picked Alpha Sapphire because I picked Sapphire back in the day.

I regretted it immensely due to how GOOD they made Groudon in comparison to Kyorgeandacertainother,Courtneyshapedreason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom