• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna new Persona 5 Strikers trailer:

Also this Channel called Gamespot trailers has a video of 8 minutes of gameplay with the english dub and subtitles:

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK FOR MORE WANDAVISION OH GOD THE PAIN AFTER THE HYPE

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I posted this yesterday though it got buried cause I posted it too late. I finally finished Part 1 of my Sonic Clash story mode, I would love to hear some feedback on this as a whole:
Pretty good. I’d take a few more passes at it just to iron out a few kinks. But it’s a pretty good script.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about one of those Miiverse posts I made back in the day where I had a screenshot of Kirby at Rainbow Road from the Rosalina trailer alongside a caption of "hacking the game feeling like".

It got a lot of yeah!s (yeah!s were basically the Smashboards or Twitter likes from Miiverse), and to this day with how people talk about how serious Nintendo was about taking down talks about hacks on Miiverse I wonder why my post didn't get deleted.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Beat the Scott Pilgrim game this morning (though I need to beat it three more times to unlock the secret character) - I underestimated how overpowered Wallace's secret shop in the first level makes you.

I wanted to buy every item in the game over the course of my run, and while I didn't pay off Scott's late fees for the video rental store (who racks up over $500 in late fees?!), Wallace's shop alone got me close to the max stats. (by the end of the game, all of my stats were in the eighties or nineties - some of the items in Wallace's shop boost your stats by 40 or 50)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about one of those Miiverse posts I made back in the day where I had a screenshot of Kirby at Rainbow Road from the Rosalina trailer alongside a caption of "hacking the game feeling like".

It got a lot of yeah!s (yeah!s were basically the Smashboards or Twitter likes from Miiverse), and to this day with how people talk about how serious Nintendo was about taking down talks about hacks on Miiverse I wonder why my post didn't get deleted.
Saying Project M used to get you banned.

D

Deleted member

Beat the Scott Pilgrim game this morning (though I need to beat it three more times to unlock the secret character) - I underestimated how overpowered Wallace's secret shop in the first level makes you.

I wanted to buy every item in the game over the course of my run, and while I didn't pay off Scott's late fees for the video rental store (who racks up over $500 in late fees?!), Wallace's shop alone got me close to the max stats. (by the end of the game, all of my stats were in the eighties or nineties - some of the items in Wallace's shop boost your stats by 40 or 50)
Meanwhile I still can't beat the first level.

Need to get better at the game.

Saying Project M used to get you banned.
Yeah, I remember that being a thing.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Meanwhile I still can't beat the first level.

Need to get better at the game.
I don't know if you've played River City Ransom or River City Girls, but it's a lot like that - once you get to the Shopping District (about halfway through the first level), you can enter the shops at the top of the screen and buy items for healing or stat boosts. (you can go into any store where the lights are on) The stat boosts are a huge help, since they make you do more damage (either bare-handed or with weapons), make you move faster, and increase your max health.

Also, if you buy an item to go, it will automatically restore your health once it runs out, though it will only do that once.

A lot of it probably depends on what difficulty you're playing on - it might be best to go on the easy difficulty (it's called Average Joe in English; whichever one is listed at the top) to start with, since by my understanding, the game can be pretty tough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if you've played River City Ransom or River City Girls, but it's a lot like that - once you get to the Shopping District (about halfway through the first level), you can enter the shops at the top of the screen and buy items for healing or stat boosts. (you can go into any store where the lights are on) The stat boosts are a huge help, since they make you do more damage (either bare-handed or with weapons), make you move faster, and increase your max health.

Also, if you buy an item to go, it will automatically restore your health once it runs out, though it will only do that once.

A lot of it probably depends on what difficulty you're playing on - it might be best to go on the easy difficulty (it's called Average Joe in English; whichever one is listed at the top) to start with, since by my understanding, the game can be pretty tough.
That's really good to know then.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pretty good. I’d take a few more passes at it just to iron out a few kinks. But it’s a pretty good script.
What do you have in mind for working out the kinks?

I mean, it is a fan concept. And it’s not like they wouldn’t want to. At the end of the day it’s more money in their pockets.
I mean yes, though I prefer to keep my ideas somewhat grounded, and there’s a lot of legal hoops that’d need to be jumped through for him. It sounds like a fun idea though I’m not really hard pressed to come up with ideas for him as I am for others atm.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also doesn’t change the fact that this is just, not a thing. Other crossover games made with outside characters have done it. It’s a non-argument.
Yes, that is not a thing. Just like having to get all the rights from every music holder again in order to allow every music onto Battlefield and Final Destination.

It is very much an issue. If they had to get the rights in order to be able to allow the player to use any music on Battlefield and Final Destination, why would costumes not be an issue? I mean, even Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Infinite, the characters only got 1 new costume aside from their main outfit and palette swaps and in Marvel vs Capcom 3's case, the new outfits didn't even have palette swaps. Just because some other crossovers make it look easy, doesn't mean it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: two posts with a video at once, decided to get rid of mine's for the sake of mobile phone users.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here are the first images of the Mortal Kombat reboot film:

More images and interview with first time director Simon McQuoid here:

So I guess the murmurs of Lewis Tan's character as Cole Turner is true.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to see how Johnny Cage and Noob Saibot will look like in the reboot.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I might have zero interest in Mortal Kombat but I'll probably still check this movie out for Lewis Tan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you have in mind for working out the kinks?

I mean yes, though I prefer to keep my ideas somewhat grounded, and there’s a lot of legal hoops that’d need to be jumped through for him. It sounds like a fun idea though I’m not really hard pressed to come up with ideas for him as I am for others atm.
Some of the writing is a tad clunky and some of the jokes go on a bit too long. Minor issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom