• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I just skimmed through it again and it just seems to be a non-statement. Doesn’t even directly mention any of the accusations, just talks about “his former friends experiences” and “how he’s not a perfect person”

Gamexplain has already lost easily millions of subs, I think Andre knows he ****ed and trying to not add fuel to the fire
Well, the content had decreased in quality since Ash and the others left.
And what was the fire? I think I missed it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. How come Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja doesn't work on the framerates for their Switch games (MUA3 and AoC specifically)
2. Miles Morales is going to be getting his own Clone Wars...oh god
3. man the TMNT 2012 intro from seasons 1-4 could've had Splinter bounding down fire escapes and hand all of them their headbands/bandanas/masks instead of just Raph
4. never have I seen a comic book show have so many references towards their franchise outside of a Spider-Man or Batman series
5. **** these storyboards are emotional as hell...now I wish this show was hand drawn for a moment
6. ngl...didn't expect Maruki's palace to be important due to seeing it in October first...had the assumption it was a mere one off before focusing back on Haru's suffering

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
they had massive struggles with working on the deaths of Splinter and Shredder

First one was because of how hard it was to go through every phase of its animation without crying over it

Second because of having to censor it multiple times due to super violence

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I usually stick with subs but I can get down with watching anime dubbed if the performances are really good.

Like, the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood dub is legit amazing and my personal preference when watching the show.
The dub is one of the reasons why FMA Brotherhood is my favorite show of all time.

I think the English actors capture the characters' personalities better than the original Japanese. Vic Mignogna and Stephanie Young are very good in their roles, but my favorite voice acting in Brotherhood is probably J Michael Tatum's Scar. His voice performance is breathtakingly great.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering who Andre is I’m surprised he even went and actually made a statement. He doesn’t exactly strike me as the kinda person who is very good at PR. Just damage control.

edit: he even locked the comments too. Seems clear to me this is just damage control. Although a bit too late to matter.
It’s honestly pathetic that he locked the comments instead of owning up to his wrong doings

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmm.... I'm thinking about a SMRPG Remake in the style of the FFVII Remake. How do you think that would work? How would the characters play? What changes would they make to the story? Would they add any playable characters. How would the combat differ from FF7R?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finished the TMNT 2012 art book (all 200 pages (+ the 6 pages that show all 120 ending shots from all but the last 4 episodes from season 4)

And I gotta say...I still guarantee this is the best TMNT show bar none. The amount of hard work put in without any crunch, and an abusive amount of support from Nickelodeon (which is pretty rare these days) made those 5 seasons and 5 years of the show godly

Even the Apocalypse finale (that is canon for the show via the creator but not canon for Nick...mixed for the rest) was explained in a way that makes it acceptable for everyone by saying Tales of the TMNT pretty much had all their stories canon and/or uncanon depending on the fan's feelings (strictly canon for Ciro Nieli of course, giving availability for stories before and after the finale to be made if needed/wanted)

The amount of love from this show...man...Nickelodeon needs to have shows like TMNT 2012 more often moving forward

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Is it just me, or is anyone else running into errors trying to embed images in a post?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And in other news, GVG just jumped to 10k followers, and has 50k subs
Which good for them. Let’s be honest those 3 were always carrying the channel. And Jon was why the discussions got really fun because his personality went great with everyone’s.
"Sorry I paid them 1-2$ an hour, I'm not perfect." You don't need to be perfect to provide proper compensation for one's time.
Not even just that. Derrick talked about how Andre offered him a full time contract that was supposedly better then what he had going.

This was when Derrick was expecting a kid and moving so he was very busy andAndre kept trying to pressure him to sign it. He opted not to and when he got around to it, it listed no set pay,nothing about time off, nothing about how much had to contribute, etc and more. All really ****ty deals.

So basically Andre tried to take advantage of a stressful situation for Derrick and manipulate him into being more of a slave

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it just me, or is anyone else running into errors trying to embed images in a post?
I had an issue earlier this week but noticed it was only images from a specific website that wouldn't work.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm about to enter the presidents room in FF7R, given how this game ends when they leave Midgar and this is a point of no return i guess i'm at end game, time to wrap this up.

Hmm.... I'm thinking about a SMRPG Remake in the style of the FFVII Remake. How do you think that would work? How would the characters play? What changes would they make to the story? Would they add any playable characters. How would the combat differ from FF7R?
Just use smash as inspiration for how Mario, Bowser and Peach would fight and use Barret as inspiration for Geno.

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984
TheMightyP TheMightyP

Andre released “ a statement”

Andre: “ I had no idea 1 dollar an hour was unfair”

This is such a generic statement that ultimately amounts to nothing.
Segars made a mistake by giving a generic statement. He should have done one of two things; address everything with a genuine apology and lay out how he wants to make up to the fans whom's trust he betrayed or just not say anything.

What he did instead shows that he owed up to none of the crap he did and expected fans to accept a PR response. That is unacceptable and it's no wonder why he is getting ratioed on Twitter despite being a coward that toggled off the "Reply" button, not realizing that when people feel like ****ting on someone they don't like, they can simply use the Quote Tweet that people can easily scroll through to see the backlash in real time.

Let this be a lesson to all that when a company appears unapproachable - no matter how big or small they are - that is a warning sign that something is wrong with it. In this case, Segars's ego may be his down fall when even his friends he worked with for years all moved on to Good Vibe Games to continue on GameXplain's legacy.

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
check the file size, it has to be less than 1mb to work
That explains things. I cut the file size down by converting from PNG to JPEG.
Anyway, here's the images I was trying to post: Earlier, I ran into an arena host who couldn't even follow his own rules:
not following rules.jpg

I then dug up an older instance of an arena host not following the rules (it's an old screenshot, from before they added the messaging feature)
also not following rules.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decide the better use of Emerald ore is to use it as decoration since I can get that much emeralds from villagers much easier

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love it when Okumura ****ing dies thank you Akechi-Kun

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok. Here is an old person question. When did calling something or someone a sociopath become a very serious condition and taboo to say? I feel like i am missing something, equating this to the blind playthrough issue.

If people are acting like controlling, uncaring, manipulative monsters, isnt that the word?

I feel old. Need context.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom