• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The new Pokémon Snap
Well, then it's kind of an unfair comparison.

Pokemon Snap's whole thing is looking good, a fighting game doesn't need to compete with it in the visual department. The difference is still like night snd day, mind you, I just find it a little odd.

D

Deleted member

Which Switch-exclusive game are you talking about? Ultimate?

Anyway, the answer is art direction. Jump Force has some gorgeous backgrounds. It's visual problem is not about the budget or graphics, it's the fact that the at style fit almost none of the characters. You can't just blindly pour money to make a good looking game.
I was referring to New Pokémon Snap, as It is also developed by a studio inside Namco.

And yeah, It is quite true that the artstyle they chose didn't fit any of the characters in the roster.

It is quite noticable with the Yu-Gi Oh! and Jojo characters.

D

Deleted member

It is quite noticable with the Yu-Gi Oh! and Jojo characters.
It’s honestly really ironic to me that the game about anime characters fighting doesn’t actually use an anime style: nope gotta get that hyper-realistic shading on characters that really don’t need it
8D1BA12F-ED4C-45A9-9793-A6D6075D2CE2.png
78A92940-96C0-422A-AC4E-B21CFB7D269F.png

(left is jump force, right is Yugioh Duel Links)

Like, they don’t look like garbage or anything, but there’s just something offputting about them(which is partially why I didn’t buy it during the winter sale and went for Cyber Sleuth instead. That, and the fact PC versions of Bandai fighting games tend to be less than stellar from my experience)

D

Deleted member

Hey, Sonic really looks good at this style!

Now I wish I had the money for this game... :drsad:
I got the Game for Christmas alongside Final Fantasy VII+VIII for Switch.

It is really fun and addictive, been having a good time playing through the story Mode and unlocking stuff. All the characters are funny too.

And they confirmed all new content will be added through free updates, so don't feel worried about paying or not for DLC.

I reccomend It really easily.
Also Lemres best character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well with nothing new to talk about and such regarding speculation or anything that comes to mind. Guess I'll go on and continue that walkthrough of FFVII Remake.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I felt so smart with my idea of making chicken to go with Cup Noodles to make my weekly watch of Laid Back Season 2 all the more relaxing.

Also, I'm the type of person who always has something to talk about, just barely a lot of people who'd be willing to listen. The hand I've been dealt.

D

Deleted member

Can the SwSh graphics circlejerk end already.

The graphics were the least of the game's problems, but that's all you hear about nowadays.
That wasn't what I was referring to but okay
The game just looks dull to me. Let alone the gameplay may as well be you just walking down a straight hallway.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Can the SwSh graphics circlejerk end already.

The graphics were the least of the game's problems, but that's all you hear about nowadays.
We're bringing up the graphics cause that's the main thing this game improves on compared to SWSH. If it improved on the linearity or something we'd be talking about that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We're bringing up the graphics cause that's the main thing this game improves on compared to SWSH. If it improved on the linearity or something we'd be talking about that.
I get that, but nowadays all you hear is hiw bad SwSh's graphics are, even before New Snap was revealed.

There's so many other issues the game has, but people keep boiling it down to the graphics.

That wasn't what I was referring to but okay
The game just looks dull to me. Let alone the gameplay may as well be you just walking down a straight hallway.
This wasn't a callout to you lol.

D

Deleted member

New Pokémon Snap looks absolutely beautiful.

Maybe Gamefreak should ask Namco for help more often.
Look out with what you wish.

Instead of something which looks like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Kakarot or New Pokémon Snap It could end up looking like Jump Force or that one Godzilla game on PS4.

Doh as osby osby said hopefully the fact said games are from a way different genre is enough to prevent that from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's so many other issues the game has, but people keep boiling it down to the graphics.
I mean tbf that's like.... the first issue you see in the game so of course it's the one most commonly talked about

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don’t really care that much about the graphics, the biggest issue I have with Sword and Shield is how much the game handholds you. I don’t need Hop to keep on telling me that I hit his Pokemon with a super effective move. Thankfully it’s looking like GF wants to take Pokemon in a different direction so fingers crossed the next game keeps that to a minimum.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly have no idea why people are so shocked about a game that has no other purpose than looking good is visually superior to a game with vastly more models/gameplay to work with.

It feels like getting desperate to dunk on Sword and Shield.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly have no idea why people are so shocked aboit a game that has no other purpose than looking good is visually superior to a game with vastly more models/gameplay to work with.

Exactly.

As you said about my Jump Force posts they are way different genres.

It also helps that Pokémon Snap is an on-rails Game, which helps design maps way better.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I honestly have no idea why people are so shocked aboit a game that has no other purpose than looking good is visually superior to a game with vastly more models/gameplay to work with.

After a few years of using the same arguments of course that's gonna happen.

I guess we're just surprised cause Pokemon hasn't had above average animations since Battle Revolution and Pokedex 3D Pro.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New Snap looks super tight, yo!

Probably will replay the original in the near future (thank goodness that it's stupidly short).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom