• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
On a scale from even to +3 or worse, how badly does your main beat Ganon?
Inkling beats Ganondorf +3

Found this funny Smash comic in the wild.
If it's been posted before, then sorry, but I found it funny.
I find the "Villager is evil" joke to be overplayed at this point, but Chef Kawasaki getting some appreciation is a nice touch

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was going through my computer files and I noticed I still have a bunch of screenshots saved from Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. Man, this takes me back. Heads up there's a lot of big pictures in this spoiler.
HNI_0067.JPG

I took this screenshot shortly after release, back when everyone was still super salty over the clone trio. This was my way of dabbing on the haters.
HNI_0074.JPG

I wonder how many rupees are hidden in a piece of pottery this big?
HNI_0029.JPG

HNI_0054.JPG

Cinematic parallels.
HNI_0061.JPG

Fun with mini Smash.
HNI_0066.JPG

Fun with Giant Smash.
HNI_0006.JPG
HNI_0010.JPG

Rejection.
HNI_0045.JPG

Hey batta batta! Also please don't tell the Miyamoto I modded my Wii U I like not being in jail.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

jesus christ I just had one of the worst nights in a long time

don't think I'm sick but man waking up at 3am in the morning is seriously annoying

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok. Here is an old person question. When did calling something or someone a sociopath become a very serious condition and taboo to say? I feel like i am missing something, equating this to the blind playthrough issue.

If people are acting like controlling, uncaring, manipulative monsters, isnt that the word?

I feel old. Need context.
People don't like to feel bad about themselves. Not even about others, just themselves. They will use shaming language to prevent others from using shaming language, so that they can continue being who they currebtly are instead of owning up to their own inadequacies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok. Here is an old person question. When did calling something or someone a sociopath become a very serious condition and taboo to say? I feel like i am missing something, equating this to the blind playthrough issue.

If people are acting like controlling, uncaring, manipulative monsters, isnt that the word?

I feel old. Need context.
Well sociopath by definition means a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience/someone who has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). So it can be interpreted as someone using a mental disorder as an insult in a similar way that people have used autistic or the r word in that sense.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Zinith Zinith
What could've been but was overlooked as a new character for 3d world cause Yoshi ALWAYS gets the bad end of the stick.
YOSH.jpg

Shame the Mario 3D World port won't have new playable characters like both Wario and Waluigi, as well Daisy too!

D

Deleted member

People are seriously pissed that Super Mario 3D World doesn't seemingly have new playable characters?

I would understand the frustration if this was a port at the level of New Super Mario Bros U... But have you seen everything in Bowser's Fury?

Even as someone who really wanted new playable characters, I feel the 43/45€ the Game will cost are worth It for Bowser's Fury alone.
It truly feels like a lost Odyssey expansion or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
People are seriously pissed that Super Mario 3D World doesn't seemingly have new playable characters?

I would understand the frustration if this was a port at the level of New Super Mario Bros U... But have you seen everything in Bowser's Fury?

Even as someone who really wanted new playable characters, I feel the 43/45€ the Game will cost are worth It for Bowser's Fury alone.
I just want to have a decent idea of the overall length and replayability of Bowser's Fury before I truly get excited for it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, that makes sense too.

I'm hoping It lasts at least as long as those Fire Emblem Three Houses and Xenoblade 2 expansions.
Doubtful since those are 10-20+ hour campaigns with a lot of fluff to pad out their playtime compared to a 3D collect-a-thon, but yeah, I'm hoping it's relatively meaty. I'll be happy to replay it a few times regardless of length if it's really fun, tho.

D

Deleted member

I’ll TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/kwsgsl
side note but it bugs me a bit how they’re using the wrong terminology. “Reprinted” is a better verb than “rereleased” in this context
but it’s just a single word, who cares
Exhibition 1 why I don't like Nintendo Life: clickbait.

Sure, technically they're correct, but they're leaving out one important detail, those classic cards are jumbo sized, which I personally don't really care much for them. Also we only know that the various starters + Pikachu will be reprinted, nothing else right now. In fact, the sets are kinda underwhelming, consisting of only the three starter Pokemon cards and two boosters, where we don't even know from which set they'll be from. Pretty disappointing way to celebrate.

Dunno, I'd rather have new characters, especially ones that haven't had much time to shine in a Mario game recently, if at all, like Wario, Waluigi, DK and Yoshi. Could also throw in Pauline or Daisy, I'm just tired of always seeing the same group, especially when there's so much to pull from. It doesn't help that design wise Bowser's Fury, at least from what we've seen, doesn't really scream 3D World to me. You said it yourself, it seems more like something you'd see in Odyssey, there I'd actually be really excited for. But given it's a 3D World port, I'd rather have more 3D World content and not just some dumb stickers and an online mode that more than likely will be bad.

Ultimately I like both styles of Mario, linear and open world, it just seems like a strange decision to add what seems to be an open world game to a linear title, especially when even Nintendo itself distinguishes between both styles.

Also nice to see you're back dude.

D

Deleted member

Dunno, I'd rather have new characters, especially ones that haven't had much time to shine in a Mario game recently, if at all, like Wario, Waluigi, DK and Yoshi. Could also throw in Pauline or Daisy, I'm just tired of always seeing the same group, especially when there's so much to pull from. It doesn't help that design wise Bowser's Fury, at least from what we've seen, doesn't really scream 3D World to me. You said it yourself, it seems more like something you'd see in Odyssey, there I'd actually be really excited for. But given it's a 3D World port, I'd rather have more 3D World content and not just some dumb stickers and an online mode that more than likely will be bad.

Ultimately I like both styles of Mario, linear and open world, it just seems like a strange decision to add what seems to be an open world game to a linear title, especially when even Nintendo itself distinguishes between both styles.

Also nice to see you're back dude.
Yeah, I understand really well the feeling of wanting to see characters people like getting more of the spotlight in new games.

As someone who has been wanting to see Pauline being acknowledged in Mario games more ever since I played the Mario vs Donkey Kong series as a kid It is a feeling I know quite well, as before Mario Odyssey and Tennis Aces I was always surprised that the first female character in the Mario series seemed to be so absent.

And thanks for the sentiment! It has been some really tough weeks for me with everything which has been happening in my life, but yesterday I felt I finally saw the light and realized what is the answer to solve most of my problems.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Scott Pilgrim game's out on the eShop, so I bought it this morning.

It'll be interesting to go back to that game now that I've played River City Ransom, one of its biggest inspirations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn, Snap looks beautiful. And so soon as well.

Yeah, I understand really well the feeling of wanting to see characters people like getting more of the spotlight in new games.

As someone who has been wanting to see Pauline being acknowledged in Mario games more ever since I played the Mario vs Donkey Kong series as a kid It is a feeling I know quite well, as before Mario Odyssey and Tennis Aces I was always surprised that the first female character in the Mario series seemed to be so absent.

And thanks for the sentiment! It has been some really tough weeks for me with everything which has been happening in my life, but yesterday I felt I finally saw the light and realized what is the answer to solve most of my problems.
It's weird, they could easily associate certain characters to specific worlds and make them unlockable, like they did with Rosalina. Have Daisy in the desert world, Wario on a pirate themed beach, DK in the jungle and so on. Add in a new New Donk City world with Pauline, which would also break the monotony quite a bit. I don't think there's ever been a standard Mario game with a city themed world as it always was more of a DK thing, so some change in scenery would be most welcome.

Mario somehow manages to be both at the same time, varied and colorful, yet bland and monotonous with so much untapped potential.

And best of luck for the future. Remember, you're always welcome here as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Big dilemma

View attachment 299257

All three look really good but I only have money for two.
I'd think that you'd get more time out of Mario 3D World and Persona 5 Scramble. I can't see New Pokemon Snap being especially long, given the original. (unless they've significantly changed the gameplay, I'm assuming that it's going to be on-rails like Pokemon Snap was)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seeing how this Game was developed by a studio inside Bandai Namco has made me think even more about how Jump Force turned out.

This Switch exclusive Game has turned out to look so beautiful visually... Yet the same publisher released a multiplatform fighting Game which somehow looks way worse and unappealing visually.

What happened? How could a Game exclusive to a console less powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One look way better than a Game which released in all three systems and alledgedly had a higher budget?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Seeing how this Game was developed by a studio inside Bandai Namco has made me think even more about how Jump Force turned out.

This Switch exclusive Game has turned out to look so beautiful visually... Yet the same publisher released a multiplatform fighting Game which somehow looks way worse and unappealing visually.

What happened? How could a Game exclusive to a console less powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One look way better than a Game which released in all three systems and alledgedly had a higher budget?
Which Switch-exclusive game are you talking about? Ultimate?

Anyway, the answer is art direction. Jump Force has some gorgeous backgrounds. It's visual problem is not about the budget or graphics, it's the fact that the at style fit almost none of the characters. You can't just blindly pour money to make a good looking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom