• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
I've been rewatching the Bowser's Fury trailer. It's certainly very open, but it feels a bit more... abstract. Like, in 64, Sunshine, and Odyssey you explore pretty fleshed out worlds especially in the latter two. Obviously they all have random obstacles/levels for the sake of platforming, but often you jump on buildings or something that matches the level theme. Bowser's Fury feels like if they took a Galaxy level or one of the smaller Odyssey areas and extended it out to an entire world. I mean, we're on some weird collection of islands. Not that that's a good or bad thing, just something I noticed.

An idea I've seen thrown around is the game may be like Majora's Mask. It could be that Bowser is slowly turning into his "fury" form and you're supposed to complete as much as possible before that. When he's finally complete and actively attacking you, it'd make completing other stuff a lot harder. I kind of doubt this idea, but it'd be really cool and imo add a lot of replay value. Only one more month until it comes out I suppose.

Edit: Oh, also these cats might be the other characters that have been transformed

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
elevator pitch: Pokemon Masters but it's a traditional Fighting Game. When you pick a Trainer you get their whole team, three "Fighter" Pokemon and three "support" Pokemon. Using fan favorite Cynthia as an example, you pick her and you can tag between her Garchomp, Lucario, and Roserade and summon her Spiritomb, Gastrodon, and Milotic for support. But obviously, you can make your own avatar with it's own Pokemon Teams composed of every mon on the roster, which is how you progress through Story Mode.

Which trainers and teams would you want in the game?
Youngster Joey, three Rattata.

you gotta have joke characters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh right, I meant to ask you something about this. You mentioned you want to have the series logos for Touhou, Xenoblade X and LoL included but those aren't Smash franchises, so you got a link to them? If not I'll have to see what I'll do about that one. Also where's that Reimu from? I'm admittedly a bit out of the loop with the modern doujin games.
I’ll get some logos after work

D

Deleted member

elevator pitch: Pokemon Masters but it's a traditional Fighting Game. When you pick a Trainer you get their whole team, three "Fighter" Pokemon and three "support" Pokemon. Using fan favorite Cynthia as an example, you pick her and you can tag between her Garchomp, Lucario, and Roserade and summon her Spiritomb, Gastrodon, and Milotic for support. But obviously, you can make your own avatar with it's own Pokemon Teams composed of every mon on the roster, which is how you progress through Story Mode.

That’s just Pokken tournament with extra steps

D

Deleted member

except this time it's like an Arc Sys fighter and not.... whatever Pokken Tournament is.
I’ve played a few traditional fighter games and Pokken Tournament feels pretty similar to em. Well, the 3d arena ones like OP:Burning Blood anyway. It’s just missing a few staple things iirc(haven’t touched it in awhile)

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maruki is by default one of the greatest adult protagonists in the placement of an antagonist of all time...ok sure he’s technically strictly an antagonist despite every single thing he does is such a heroic thing...but that don’t mean **** when it comes to him cause he is absolutely perfect. Put the man in everything as of right now. Who needs the rest of the Phantom Thieves outside of Ren, Mona, Makoto, Akechi-Kun, and Sumire when we got Maruki
View attachment 299049

Bowser’s Fury lookin good boys.
Mario needed his drip like everyone else has been getting...but Dripiroth gonna have to check if it’s legit first

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Oh Snake don’t get me hooked on this idea, I’m already cooking ideas for a Smash style Pokémon fighter as is.

Also this is basically King of Fighters Pokémon edition which is actually a brilliant idea

D

Deleted member

Ah Pokken Tournament, I used to main Braixen and Sceptile in that game. Too bad it got old fast for me, I really wanted to love it, but the damage scaling in this game felt quite absurd and the whole 2d-3d change didn't really do it for me either.

I'd love a proper fighting game though, like a more refined Type Wild.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright. SO I think it starts with picking trainers. If we assume a 60 character post-DLC roster, with each trainer getting 3 fighter pokemon, that's 20 Trainers to pick. Off the top of my head I immediatley think of Red, Cynthia, and Mustard.
N and Steven too.

We’ll make sure to list their Pokémon first

Since you got Cynthia down (though I’d replace Gastrodon with Togekiss), I’d say for those ones:

Red-Pikachu, Charizard and either Espeon, Blastoise or Machamp

Steven-Aggron, Metagross and either Skarmory or Aerodactyl

N-Zoroark, Darmanitan, and maybe Carracosta?

Mustard-Urshifu, Mienshao and Kommo-o

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Link it boi
Everyone ask me something!

GO GO GO GO GO! (BTW, what's up with your avatar? It looks like something out of a gore comic)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@Taigiry logos below the spoiler box:
Reimu:

Ahri:

Elma:
Also the Reimu render pic is from Azure Reflections, a spin off on switch

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
N and Steven too.

We’ll make sure to list their Pokémon first

Since you got Cynthia down (though I’d replace Gastrodon with Togekiss), I’d say for those ones:

Red-Pikachu, Charizard and either Espeon, Blastoise or Machamp

Steven-Aggron, Metagross and either Skarmory or Aerodactyl

N-Zoroark, Darmanitan, and maybe Carracosta?

Mustard-Urshifu, Mienshao and Kommo-o
Alright. Based on that, here is what I've got so far.
Red
  • Fighters: Charizard, Pikachu, Machamp
  • Support: Snorlax, Lapras, Arcanine
Blue
  • Fighters: Blastoise, Rhydon, Alakazam
  • Support: Areodactyl, Pidgeot, Gyrados
Leaf
  • Fighters: Venusaur, Kanhaskahn, Gengar
  • Support: Eevee, Ninetails, Clefable
Jessie and James
  • Fighters: Meowth, Beware, Mr. Mime
  • Support: Arbok, Wheezing, Wobbuffet
Giovanni
  • Fighters: Mewtwo, Nidoqueen, Persian
  • Support: Dugtrio, Onyx, Marowak
Steven Stone
  • Fighters: Aggron, Armaldo, Metagross
  • Support: Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol
Cynthia
  • Fighters: Garchomp, Lucario, Roserade
  • Support: Spiritomb, Togekiss, Milotic
N
  • Fighters: Zoroark, Zekrom, Darmanitan
  • Support: Reshiram, Klinklang, Carracosta
Mustard
  • Fighters: Mienshao, Kommo-O, Urshifu
  • Support: Luxray, Lycanroc, Corviknight

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

I'll explain later.

D

Deleted member

I know that, but I've seen some weird things on the internet that had a similar premise and ended in much more grisly manners
you mean v̶̮̦̊̊ö̷̡̥͎͍̊r̸̙̎̓̈́ḙ̷͉̍̃̇̀͜ͅ right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright. Based on that, here is what I've got so far.
Red
  • Fighters: Charizard, Pikachu, Machamp
  • Support: Snorlax, Lapras, Arcanine
Blue
  • Fighters: Blastoise, Rhydon, Alakazam
  • Support: Areodactyl, Pidgeot, Gyrados
Leaf
  • Fighters: Venusaur, Kanhaskahn, Gengar
  • Support: Eevee, Ninetails, Clefable
Jessie and James
  • Fighters: Meowth, Beware, Mr. Mime
  • Support: Arbok, Wheezing, Wobbuffet
Giovanni
  • Fighters: Mewtwo, Nidoqueen, Persian
  • Support: Dugtrio, Onyx, Marowak
Steven Stone
  • Fighters: Aggron, Armaldo, Metagross
  • Support: Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol
Cynthia
  • Fighters: Garchomp, Lucario, Roserade
  • Support: Spiritomb, Togekiss, Milotic
N
  • Fighters: Zoroark, Zekrom, Darmanitan
  • Support: Reshiram, Klinklang, Carracosta
Mustard
  • Fighters: Mienshao, Kommo-O, Urshifu
  • Support: Luxray, Lycanroc, Corviknight
Couple more:

Iris-Haxorus, Hydreigon and maybe Druddigon?

Diantha-Gardevoir, Goodra and Hawlucha

Trying to think of Gen 2 and Gen 7 rep

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I spent the entire day playing FF7Remake, i made it all the way to chapter 14, i'm about to rescue Aerith so i guess i'm at the end game.

D

Deleted member

@Taigiry logos below the spoiler box:
Reimu:

Ahri:

Elma:
Also the Reimu render pic is from Azure Reflections, a spin off on switch
Oh you meant those kinds of logos, now I feel dumb. I thought you meant stuff like the Super Mushroom, Monado or Pokeball.
By the way, is that Elma render custom? I tried to reverse image search it with multiple search engines, but they all came up empty handed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh you meant those kinds of logos, now I feel dumb. I thought you meant stuff like the Super Mushroom, Monado or Pokeball.
By the way, is that Elma render custom? I tried to reverse image search it with multiple search engines, but they all came up empty handed.
Yeah, though it’s based off her XC2 model. I think someone in the Elma thread made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom