• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I go for nap after frustration about my relationships with friends and family.

Still hasn't went away.

Also didn't conquer all of Europe in Civ, playing as the Ottomans. The Romans stopped me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
Not really sure what you wanted with the series logos, so I put them in the top right corner of the box. If you want them somewhere else, just tell me. Also cropping out Elma was a pain, that white hair on white background. Worse than Reimu, I'd say.
Perfection. I wanna hang this on my wall, thank you :love:

though, the logos are supposed to go in the upper left corner as was the case with pass 1 but other than that 👌

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Bugsy could use Scizor.

Sun, Hau, or Kukui could use Incineroar or Decidueye. I’m thinking give Sun Decidueye and Kukui Incineroar, as it fits thematically.

Callum can have Greninja.

Brandon can have Sceptile.
I gave Scizor to Guzma and made Vikavolt one of his Support Pokemon. So I need a new Gen 2 Trainer.

Wademan94 Wademan94

Now we just need at least one Gen 2 and Gen 8 trainer and a third one from any Region that's not Kanto or Alola (Because in addition to Elio, Kukui, and Guzma, I added Lusamine for the Nihelego connection).

D

Deleted member

Perfection. I wanna hang this on my wall, thank you :love:

though, the logos are supposed to go in the upper left corner as was the case with pass 1 but other than that 👌
Thanks. As for the logos though, I'm looking at the site right now and don't see any of them anywhere. Could also be that I'm blind or that they were somewhere else. But sure, I'll put them top left, it's not that hard, just gimme a little bit of time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Time for me to complain about my top tier main! This is frame 18 of Ivysaur's F-tilt.
IvyF-tilt.png

Ivy's F-tilt is one of those multihits that has a different hitbox every other frame of the attack. On most of these attacks the hitbox matches the front side of the leaf pretty well, but the in between frames sometimes stretch out further making the attack look like it has more reach then it really does. But on frame 18 in particular, the leaf reaches really far out and the hitbox doesn't match it at all. I that's why I wiff this move so dang much - it looks like I'm spacing it perfectly sometimes but it doesn't land at all!

Even more annoying to me however is that there's no reverse hitbox. The leaves on Ivysaur's back are spinning too, so it'd make sense for them to have a hitbox as well, wouldn't it?

#BuffPokemonTrainer
I'm just kidding please don't actually buff them (Although I wouldn't mind if you updated the multihit on Squirtle's Bair).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thanks. As for the logos though, I'm looking at the site right now and don't see any of them anywhere. Could also be that I'm blind or that they were somewhere else. But sure, I'll put them top left, it's not that hard, just gimme a little bit of time.
They actually axed the logos for pass 2, it’s just an aesthetic choice of mine. They did have the logos for the first one

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit mains rise up...by hiding in the darkness

D

Deleted member

Time for me to complain about my top tier main! This is frame 18 of Ivysaur's F-tilt.
View attachment 299080
Ivy's F-tilt is one of those multihits that has a different hitbox every other frame of the attack. On most of these attacks the hitbox matches the front side of the leaf pretty well, but the in between frames sometimes stretch out further making the attack look like it has more reach then it really does. But on frame 18 in particular, the leaf reaches really far out and the hitbox doesn't match it at all. I that's why I wiff this move so dang much - it looks like I'm spacing it perfectly sometimes but it doesn't land at all!

Even more annoying to me however is that there's no reverse hitbox. The leaves on Ivysaur's back are spinning too, so it'd make sense for them to have a hitbox as well, wouldn't it?

#BuffPokemonTrainer
I'm just kidding please don't actually buff them (Although I wouldn't mind if you updated the multihit on Squirtle's Bair).
You guys have frame data?
I’m just over here spamming f-smash....

D

Deleted member

Y'know, now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve touched Ultimate since like the middle-end of last year.

Then again I’ve had more pressing matters to deal with this whole time and I don’t exactly have anyone to play with(or at least anyone even close to my skill level: I absolutely stomp my brother).. so idk

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I gave Scizor to Guzma and made Vikavolt one of his Support Pokemon. So I need a new Gen 2 Trainer.

Wademan94 Wademan94

Now we just need at least one Gen 2 and Gen 8 trainer and a third one from any Region that's not Kanto or Alola (Because in addition to Elio, Kukui, and Guzma, I added Lusamine for the Nihelego connection).
Champion Lance
Primary: Dragonite, Areodactyl, Salamence
Support: Dragonair, Gyrados, second Dragonite

Rival Marnie

Primary: Grimmsnarl, Morpeko, Scrafty
Secondary: Liepard, Toxicroak, Galarian Linoone

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 299080

#BuffPokemonTrainer
Low Tier character

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well just got my first perfect score on Taiko.

Of course to the surprise of no one, its a song from Weathering With You.

Think I'll play something else for a bit then bed.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Low Tier character
Yeah Ivy sucks she has no ground game. All her tilts are unsafe on block, dash attack is a joke, her grab is awful and she only has one good smash attack.

Just forget about her Bair that leads into combos, is safe on block and has Lucina-esque frame data. I mean look a this!

How can anyone call it a good move with the tips don't even have a hitbox? Garbage move.
/s

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did you also know this lass
Shares a voice actor with this lass?
I could really go on about this for hours.
did you know!

that’s Dio’s VA(yknow, from Jojo part 3)also voiced
B5FB7FA5-4BF2-4E7B-A59D-AF4E939ED15D.jpeg

and also

17BB95F4-A17F-43F1-8187-61A79D4DAA19.jpeg

both card game villians btw

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Ivy sucks she has no ground game. All her tilts are unsafe on block, dash attack is a joke, her grab is awful and she only has one good smash attack.

Just forget about her Bair that leads into combos, is safe on block and has Lucina-esque frame data. I mean look a this!
How can anyone call it a good move with the tips don't even have a hitbox? Garbage move.
/s
Bair doesn't kill either. Ganon's does.

What a terrible character. How else can Ivysaur kill in the air with a spammable fast disjointed move that's the size of Saturn and is strong as an up smash?

Bottom 5.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Found out about this awesome animation-quality show called Onyx Equinox.

Definitely gonna be watching. I love mythology especially being it's based on Aztec/Maya. The animation reminds me of Avatar also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom