• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 @Pokelego999 Noipoi Noipoi @PeridotGX @Bakugan2556

Alright. Tagging everyone who was interested. I present to you the final roster for Pokémon Champions.

Remember, you can build your own avatars and teams out of any of these Pokémon. But these teams will get you Arcade Mode Endings.

Red (Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)
  • Fighters: Charizard, Pikachu, Machamp
  • Support: Snorlax, Lapras, Arcanine
Blue (Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)
  • Fighters: Blastoise, Hitmonlee, Alakazam
  • Support: Areodactyl, Pidgeot, Gyrados
Leaf (Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)
  • Fighters: Venusaur, Golduck, Gengar
  • Support: Victreebel, Ninetales, Jigglypuff
Jessie and James (Pokémon Yellow)
  • Fighters: Meowth, Carnivine, Mr. Mime
  • Support: Arbok, Wheezing, Wobbuffet
Giovanni (Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow)
  • Fighters: Mewtwo, Nidoqueen/Nidoking, Rhydon
  • Support: Dugtrio, Persian, Marowak
Kris (Pokémon Crystal)
  • Fighters: Heracross, Ampharos, Feraligatr
  • Support: Azumarill, Celebi, Houndoom
Brendan (Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
  • Fighters: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert
  • Support: Swellow, Breloom, Magcargo
Steven Stone (Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
  • Fighters: Aggron, Armaldo, Metagross
  • Support: Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol
Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
  • Fighters: Garchomp, Lucario, Roserade
  • Support: Spiritomb, Togekiss, Milotic
Wes (Pokémon Colosseum)
  • Fighters: Tyranitar, Weavile, Pangoro
  • Support: Espion, Umbreon, Plusle and Minin
N (Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
  • Fighters: Zoroark, Zekrom, Darmanitan
  • Support: Reshiram, Klinklang, Carracosta
Iris (Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
  • Fighters: Haxorus, Hydreigon, Druddigon
  • Support: Archeops, Salamence, Clefable
Callum (Pokémon X/Y)
  • Fighters: Greninja, Aegislash, Hoopa
  • Support: Meowstic, Altaria, Absol
Diantha (Pokémon X/Y)
  • Fighters: Gardevoir, Goodra, Hawlucha
  • Support: Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Gourgeist
Elio (Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
  • Fighters: Decidueye, Marshadow, Kartana
  • Support: Mimikyu, Melmetal, Naganadel
Kukui (Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
  • Fighters: Incineroar, Lycanroc (Midnight), Buzzwole
  • Support: Magnezone, Crabominable, Braviary
Guzma (Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
  • Fighters: Golisopod, Pinsir, Scizor
  • Support: Ariados, Masquerain, Vikavolt
Lusamine (Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
  • Fighters: Nihelego, Mismagius, Beware
  • Support: Lillgant, Lopunny, Pyukumuku
Marnie (Pokémon Sword/Shield)
  • Fighters: Grimmsnarl. Hatterene, Obstagoon,
  • Support: Morpeko, Scrafty, Liepard
Mustard (Pokémon Sword/Shield)
  • Fighters: Mienshao, Kommo-O, Urshifu
  • Support: Luxray, Lycanroc, Corviknight
I’m not sure about Wes, doesn’t seem like Colosseum gets much reference nowadays but everything else seems to work.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh I got one

• Zendaya
  • Zac Efron
  • Ryan Gosling
  • Miranda Cosgrove
  • Ariana Grande
  • Drake and Josh
  • Keke Palmer
  • Emma Roberts
  • Kenan Thompson
  • Ashley Tisdale
What do these former Nick + Disney comedy/drama actors have in common?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mother ****in Cloud Strife is friggin bad ASSS! Just as he should be!

But is it weird how all I can think about while playing this is how sick a Super Mario RPG Remake in this style would be?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mother ****in Cloud Strife is friggin bad ASSS! Just as he should be!

But is it weird how all I can think about while playing this is how sick a Super Mario RPG Remake in this style would be?
The best part of FF7remake is that they understood that Cloud isn't always an emo boy, he has layers.

D

Deleted member

Easily my favorite part of the game so far
I was kinda expecting the Royal Knights to appear somehow(considering they're a fan favorite and all) but I wasn't expecting like half of the human characters to actually be them

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Have you played the game your main is from?
I have played Persona 5 three times

One blind run through vanilla
A followup run to fight Caroline and Justine and max every confidant

One "perfect run" through Royal (every Confidant maxed in one playthrough, Level 99 achieved, got all party members max Personas, etc)

D

Deleted member

Because Iconography and Pokemon Let's Go
Personally I don't think too much stock should be put into Let's Go, it's kinda its own thing. When I think of Red, I don't think of Machamp, but rather more special Pokemon. Do note that, with the exception of Pikachu, Red in the games always had special Pokemon, besides in Let's Go:
the three starters
Lapras (gift Pokemon)
Espeon (gift Pokemon)
Snorlax (sort of like an unavoidable boss fight)
Machamp and Arcanine just kind of seem unfitting for him, at least I think so.

Personally I'd give Red and Blue those teams:
Red:
Main: Pikachu, Charizard, Espeon
Support: Lapras, Snorlax, shiny Aerodactyl (as a nod to the Manga, as well as still being special on account of being a fossil)

Blue:
Main: Blastoise, Alakazam, Exeggcutor
Support: Pidgeot, Arcanine, Machamp (could also fit as a main fighter) or Eevee (to go with Red's Pikachu and as a reference to the Anime and Yellow)

As for why I switched some of those around, I feel like Arcanine is much more iconic on Blue, given he's the Charizard replacement for his team, same deal with Exeggcutor, who was missing entirely and those two still pop up regularly. Meanwhile Gyarados seems redundant due to having Blastoise. And compared to Red, Blue has used Machamp much more than him, so I feel it's a better fit.

And just for fun, Prof. Oak:
Main: Mew, Tauros, Dragonite
Sup: Fearow, Nidorino, Rotom

Honestly, Oak's something of a wild card, due to mostly being associated with the starters and the various media all give him different teams. The Manga had him as a mostly Normal-type trainer with Kangaskhan, Fearow, Stantler, etc, while the Anime showed him with Pidgey, Dragonite and, in the 4th movie, Charmeleon. He also caught a Rotom.

Might as well do Prof. Birch:
Instant team, just add babies that was easy

Just my 2 cents, I spent way too long on this already. I'd main Leaf anyway, if only due to Venusaur alone.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Playing Melody of memory really makes me think of how annoying it is that Square has never ported Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 to Nintendo consoles.

I don't buy the excuse that Nomura gave that the Switch can't run these two. They are freaking PS2 games, and the first game turns 20 next year, i'm pretty sure the Switch can run them.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Personally I don't think too much stock should be put into Let's Go, it's kinda its own thing. When I think of Red, I don't think of Machamp, but rather more special Pokemon. Do note that, with the exception of Pikachu, Red in the games always had special Pokemon, besides in Let's Go:
the three starters
Lapras (gift Pokemon)
Espeon (gift Pokemon)

Red:
Support: Lapras, Snorlax, shiny Aerodactyl (as a nod to the Manga, as well as still being special on account of being a fossil)

Blue:
Support: Pidgeot, Arcanine, Machamp (could also fit as a main fighter) or Eevee (to go with Red's Pikachu and as a reference to the Anime and Yellow)

As for why I switched some of those around, I feel like Arcanine is much more iconic on Blue, given he's the Charizard replacement for his team, same deal with Exeggcutor, who was missing entirely and those two still pop up regularly. Meanwhile Gyarados seems redundant due to having Blastoise. And compared to Red, Blue has used Machamp much more than him, so I feel it's a better fit.

Honestly, Oak's something of a wild card, due to mostly being associated with the starters and the various media all give him different teams. The Manga had him as a mostly Normal-type trainer with Kangaskhan, Fearow, Stantler, etc, while the Anime showed him with Pidgey, Dragonite and, in the 4th movie, Charmeleon. He also caught a Rotom.

Just my 2 cents, I spent way too long on this already. I'd main Leaf anyway, if only due to Venusaur alone.

Another one I’d go with is Bea with Machamp, Pangoro and Sirfetch’d with Falinks, Grapploct and Hitmontop as assists

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
okay seriously, how do you come up with these ideas
I'm getting the briefs from Instagram's Creatuanary challenge. This creature was derived from the brief "Junk Creature." From that, I had the idea of all the junk in the ocean and was thinking of some possibilities for how animals would collect garbage. And this guy came to mind:
Yes this is a real fish...The Black Swallower

One thing I can tell you is that nature already has all the best ideas for creature designs.

D

Deleted member

oh yah 15.ai isn't blocked on my school computer
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 9.37.22 PM.png

gonna have some fun with this :yeahboi:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm getting the briefs from Instagram's Creatuanary challenge. This creature was derived from the brief "Junk Creature." From that, I had the idea of all the junk in the ocean and was thinking of some possibilities for how animals would collect garbage. And this guy came to mind:
Yes this is a real fish...The Black Swallower

One thing I can tell you is that nature already has all the best ideas for creature designs.
Well, this has to be the most terrifying thing I have seen all day. :'D Bye bye sleep.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the three starters
Lapras (gift Pokemon)
Espeon (gift Pokemon)

Red:

Blue:

The problem I have with a few of those is that they just don’t have the right body types for a fighting game like this. I made acceptions for a few of the more popular mons, but not many. Like, exeggutor doesn’t even have arms. Remember, this is a fighting game. Not an RPG.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
When nature takes cleaning up the ocean's pollution in it's own hands
Reminds me of the short film "Hybrids".
unnamed (9).jpg

(It's about marine wildlife adapting to pollution as they fuse with junk and trash. For example, the shark seen here has the front end of a car.)
Edit: Here's what it's like.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 299096
(It's about marine wildlife adapting to pollution as they fuse with junk and trash. For example, the shark seen here has the front end of a car.)
I actually just watched this short film a couple days ago. Admittedly I did think of some of these creatures while coming up with my design. Mine didn't turn out to be a junk hybrid however.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 299096
Edit: Here's what it's like.
Why is this thing marked for kids?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Right, before I go to bed, I'll leave this here. This happened while searching for game logos:

My favorite FF characters: Boss and Shadow.

For real now, time for me to go.

The problem I have with a few of those is that they just don’t have the right body types for a fighting game like this. I made acceptions for a few of the more popular mons, but not many. Like, exeggutor doesn’t even have arms. Remember, this is a fighting game. Not an RPG.
Ivysaur also doesn't have arms, yet it's in Smash. Suicune doesn't have arms, yet it's in Pokken. Pikachu barely has arms and attacks mostly with its body in both, Smash and Pokken. Not sure how Exeggcutor is being a problem. If anything, a Pokemon fighting game should be varied, playing to the strenghts and abilities of the various fighters. If all had the same body shape, might as well just play another generic fighting game instead.

Seriously, Exeggcutor has enough to pull from, even without hands: Hypnosis, Barrage, Egg Bomb, Stomp, Headbutt, Wood Hammer, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Psyshock, as well as generic body blows and kicks.

Pokemon are magical creatures which can shoot beams of energy and change the weather at will. A lack of feet or hands is not an issue at all.

D

Deleted member

Why is this thing marked for kids?
It's either that or age restrict for 18+ which completely murders your view count

Like seriously, it's not that hard to allow for more customization when it comes to this sorta thing, the laws not that black and white.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It’s almost like the bots they use to mark this stuff aren’t perfect or something
Actually, you're able to manually mark em now. Haven't seen them forcefully changed back myself... but then again my channel is small so I wouldn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom