• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I commented regarding a thread of character **** and pointing out Ganondorf's holy weapon bull** pointing to Superman as an example how holy weapons mean jack** and this user says this.

Actually, It’s canonical that magic goes through his usual durability, so this matchup isn’t that one-sided especially if he goes full Ganon with the Triforce of Power.
Are you ******* kidding me? A guy who can shatter planets with his fists, hold and withstand blackholes in his BARE HANDS, and withstand and survive attacks that can destroy solar systems?

THAT'S close? Legend of Zelda is nowhere close to that level of power.

D

Deleted member

Things like this really frustrate me. The whole idea just feels so cynical.
well that's kinda the point. A reminder that "yeah we probably should do something right now so this doesn't happen in the future" with a bit of sci-fi on top.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Right, before I go to bed, I'll leave this here. This happened while searching for game logos:

My favorite FF characters: Boss and Shadow.

For real now, time for me to go.

Ivysaur also doesn't have arms, yet it's in Smash. Suicune doesn't have arms, yet it's in Pokken. Pikachu barely has arms and attacks mostly with its body in both, Smash and Pokken. Not sure how Exeggcutor is being a problem. If anything, a Pokemon fighting game should be varied, playing to the strenghts and abilities of the various fighters. If all had the same body shape, might as well just play another generic fighting game instead.

Seriously, Exeggcutor has enough to pull from, even without hands: Hypnosis, Barrage, Egg Bomb, Stomp, Headbutt, Wood Hammer, Bullet Seed, Giga Drain, Psyshock, as well as generic body blows and kicks.

Pokemon are magical creatures which can shoot beams of energy and change the weather at will. A lack of feet or hands is not an issue at all.
As someone who plays a lot of fighting games I just can’t see a character like Exeggutor working. Maybe if it was sprite based, but the second you go 3D and have to start having it participate in 2 Player Animations.... I mean, just look at how janky Amaterasu was in UMvC3. Especially when interacting with characters like C. Viper.
well that's kinda the point. A reminder that "yeah we probably should do something right now so this doesn't happen in the future" with a bit of sci-fi on top.
But like.... we’ve been reminded. We all know. A film like this isn’t going to stop the inaction or indifference.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But like.... we’ve been reminded. We all know. A film like this isn’t going to stop the inaction or indifference.
The creators of the film didn't think to themselves, "well everyone already knows about the pollution in the ocean so let's not even bother making this film"

Sometimes its not just about the message behind the film, it's about creativity and bringing an interesting idea to life.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They're all singers?
They all became big stars in their own right without ruining their careers...don't think Josh Peck is much of a singer (Kenan maybe)

no Nick or Disney Channel needed to keep them afloat and all that

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The creators of the film didn't think to themselves, "well everyone already knows about the pollution in the ocean so let's not even bother making this film"

Sometimes its not just about the message behind the film, it's about creativity and bringing an interesting idea to life.
To me, this feels more like a series of fan art you’ed see in your Facebook feed. Not fodder for a short film. And even then it still feels way too cynical and pretentious.

Shroob

Sup?
To me, this feels more like a series of fan art you’ed see in your Facebook feed. Not fodder for a short film. And even then it still feels way too cynical and pretentious.
Congratulations, you described art.
Played Terraria a bit more today.

Uh, is it weird that the Spider Enemies creep me the hell out?

Also, I need to stop the Crimson.
5 seconds ahead of you.

D

Deleted member

Played Terraria a bit more today.

Uh, is it weird that the Spider Enemies creep me the hell out?

Also, I need to stop the Crimson.
first of all, the spider stuff are pretty rare, and they don't really do much other than be a place where an npc spawns occasionally

As for your crimson problem... well long story short eradicating it entirely isn't really possible(you can try by the item they give you prehardmode doesn't reach far enough unless you want to spend days mining) until close to the end game(you need it to progress iirc anyway), but you can stop the flow by doing a few specific steps

Do note that entering hardmode increases the speed at which it spreads by like 10x so your first priority will be to eradicate it asap

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well....if that's how you interpret it.

D

Deleted member

Also, I don't even know what's to the left of my Jungle.

Probably more Crimson
Should be the Dungeon, iirc it always spawns on the side with the Jungle. Might be the other way round though...

I would advise not tackling it until you're properly geared because entry requires defeating a specific boss(trying to force your way in is a no-go. don't try it, you just die)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Should be the Dungeon, iirc it always spawns on the side with the Jungle. Might be the other way round though...

I would advise not tackling it until you're probably geared because entry requires defeating a specific boss(trying to force your way in is a no-go. don't try it, you just die)
Gotta be honest, I haven't encointered a single boss yet

D

Deleted member

Gotta be honest, I haven't encointered a single boss yet
Most of em you have to manually summon with items you craft so that's not unusual

They will occasionally spawn on their own but you have to meet certain criteria for it to happen

the actual criteria varies from boss to boss.

D

Deleted member

You didn't see where she took a tarantula and just plopped it whole into a bowl of noodles... and proceeded to eat it raw, huh?

lol
download (30).jpeg

a tarantula
A ****ING TARANTULA?????!!!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
"It's a bit crunchy, but it reminds me of chicken."

Or something like that.

Gal was locked out of her home country due to COVID for 6 months and had to spend that time in Australia. You're never the same after that.
i heard about the incident

but i didn't know it was hecking raw

my word

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I ******* can't believe I'm currently debating with someone on SpaceBattles that thinks Superman vs. Ganondorf is close because "magic".

I swear to god I've lost some brain cells in the process.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh no no no... No one ever climbs back out.

(SOUND WARNING FOR THIS MEME, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, DON'T PLAY THIS WITH HEADPHONES)

Except this warning is pointless for Shroob, he knows very well what this will be before playing it I wager, lol.

All is lost

This is how the world ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom