• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Challenge for all the fellow artists here:
Alright. I decided to do a whole team, and got these
So i created these
IMG_5298.jpg IMG_5299.jpg IMG_5300.jpg
I regret trying to do them in poses. I suck at poses.

They're Sarah the Elephant Shrew, Jess the Woodpecker, and Emi the Panda. Named after my sister and her two best friends. Who, coincidentally, are refferred to by my family and friends as "The Hooligans".

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know that feature where sometimes you're in the middle of typing up a post, and then you can leave the page and come back to the thread, and the draft will be saved?

It's funny. Whenever I don't want Smashboards to save my comment drafts (if I decided I didn't want to post my comment after all), it will always save them anyway and everytime I return to the thread I always have to manually delete the draft, sometimes paragraphs long, to write a new post (which is especially a pain on mobile). Even if I delete the draft multiple times, it will always come back until I make a new post in the thread, and sometimes the draft of the previous comment winds up in my post, because I thought I deleted it before and I didn't notice it.

But the few times I do want Smashboards to save the comment drafts due to time/tab limitations, it refuses to. I come back to the thread to find all the paragraphs I wrote gone.

At the very least you could be consistent about it, Mr. Server.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Oh **** Nintendo has acquired Next Level Games as a subsidiary.
:mask:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I am ****ing lit about this, I dunno why it took them so long.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Bu-but.... that means they can't make the next Captain America video games for PC, PlayStation 5(TM) and Xbox(TM) Series(TM) X(TM) anymore

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I am ****ing lit about this, I dunno why it took them so long.
Apparently NLG was looking for a buyer and Nintendo probably remembered what transpired last time something like this happened.

I imagine they didn't want to make the same mistake. It sounds like Nintendo might even be looking to expand their development capabilities. But this also reinforces how Nintendo doesn't seek acquisitions, even ones that make too much sense. NLG probably approached them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Apparently NLG was looking for a buyer and Nintendo probably remembered what transpired last time something like this happened.

I imagine they didn't want to make the same mistake. It sounds like Nintendo might even be looking to expand their development capabilities. But this also reinforces how Nintendo doesn't seek acquisitions, even ones that make too much sense. NLG probably approached them.
Where'd you hear they were looking for a buyer?

osby

Smash Obsessed
So... 2021 had one hell of a start for me.

My university had a politically motivated appointment of a new rector last Friday. This week, hundreds of students are protesting the news and boycotting the lessons. Even a few of my teachers stepped down from their administrative positions and a lot of students were arrested.

Here goes my hope that this year won't be as crazy as the last one.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
- Playing Japanese dub, I still feel like Mamoru Miyano was miscast as Ryuji. Most of the main performances like Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke and Aoi Yuki as Futaba are still amazing but I just feel like something is missing from Miyano's performance, feels a bit restrained.
Maybe it's my preference of his more over the top insanity I've seen in Steins Gate and Zombieland Saga that makes me think something is off it.

- Yes, I still think the "there was no point in changing Futaba's Codename" is a point I still stand by. Just a nitpick though.

- I feel there's always more that could have been added to the Royal version.
Sumire feels a bit shoehorned in at times but I feel like more stuff like a few more fully explorable places (how Asakusa was not one is beyond me) more confidants, a new Velvet Room thing, an alternate path to the story etc. would have more justifiable to have bought it at full price, which honestly I'm glad I didn't.

- I really still feel mixed on the whole Akechi plot twist with him being the bad guy. Would have prefer something like his cognitive version was doing all the killing instead of actually him as it felt a bit too obvious, not to mention the pancakes.

- Not a fan of being on the third semester with Arsene having not turned into Satanel. Still a god of control being killed by the devil is such sweet poetry.

- Also, can we just get a better indication of where we find targets in Mementos? Just annoyed me a bit there.
- I'm personally more of an English dub guy myself...which is shocking since I'm usually "subs over dubs" for anime, but I do agree that Miyano wasn't the best choice to play Ryuji.

- Royal definitely could've used more content to justify the $60 price tag, yes, and I thought it was incredibly disappointing how Sumire is only playable during the new semester. Totally could've had her help out the gang during Shido's palace like she originally offered, at least.

- Obvious plot twist aside, I'm actually quite fond of Akechi's character and his dynamic with Joker. The changes to his confidant and his involvement during the new semester really did a lot to flesh him out, and I'm always a sucker for the "protagonist must team up with the villain/rival to take down a greater threat" trope.

- Joker was actually supposed to have a third Persona awakening like the rest of the party did with Arsene turning into Raoul...but they scrapped that idea and decided to sell the form as DLC instead.

- Lastly, Maruki's Palace does give a really philosophical question. If you really could, would you live in a paradisal dream or would you face the reality you live in? It's pretty deep.

It's been a minute since I last played but I'd probably stick with actual reality if it meant living in a new world like Maruki envisioned. The guy had great intentions but some of his methods for achieving "paradise" really made him no different than Yaldaboath since he was forcefully throwing people into his new reality, not to mention what he did to Sumi.

D

Deleted member

Morning everyone.
Here's hoping for a calm day.

My university had a politically motivated appointment of a new rector last Friday. This week, hundreds of students are protesting the news and boycotting the lessons. Even a few of my teachers stepped down from their administrative positions and a lot of students were arrested.

Damn, sorry about that Osby.

Wish there was anything I could do to help you.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeahhhh I’d hate to be the idea guy. The game isn’t actually being programmed by me, it’s being programmed by a pal of mine I’ve known for a few years, though I still am trying to contribute to it by making the characters, story, scripts, game design, some concept artwork, etc. To be honest though, I’d say it’s more so both of our game than just mine. Programmers don’t get enough credit, they take stories and characters and make it all work. They’re the backbone of any game.
i would love to have pals that help me realizing my Idea I would like Programmers and am completly Dependent on getting Someone to make Music and Polish Graphics and maybe help by Bugfixxing

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
young man, there's a need to feel down
I said, young man, don't pick yourself off the ground
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a fresh hell
There's no need to be happy

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

In a country like yours, it sounds really sucky when politics enters your daily life. And students getting arrested? I've heard that before....... In a communist country.

And yeah, your president is clearly cracked ever since that coup attempt a few years ago. Really made him go off the wall.

While I'm not sure about it clearing soon, hopefully it does so you can get back to education.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yo Town of Salem isn't blocked on my school computer lets go
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 6.04.47 AM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The jester has returned
CD02972E-A48A-44AC-A5E3-7B4E054132E0.png

Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Dragon

[CONT](VC/RC):During your turn, if your opponent has a locked card, this unit gets [Power]+10000.

[ACT](VC)[1/turn]:[COST][Counter-Blast 1], your opponent gets an Imaginary Gift:Force, you choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, and lock it.

[AUTO](VC):When your opponent's locked card is unlocked, [COST][Soul-Blast 1], retire one of those unlocked units, you draw a card, your opponent removes a total of two markers from his or her circles or Protect from his or her hand, and you get an Imaginary Gift:Force for each marker or Protect removed.
———————————————————————
I am considering building this deck ngl. depends on if we get any more Star-Vaders in the near future

D

Deleted member

Quick Question: What's Batman Beyond?
Some show from the 90s I think.

I only remember seeing the movie as a child and getting so traumatized with Robin Joker I couldn't see anything Batman-related even on toys for a whole year.

Apparently people like the show.

D

Deleted member

Just as Tales of Vesperia’s combat was starting to click I realized I missed a few quest triggers because I wasn’t using a guide and now I’m restarting... speedrun time :urg:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My first Sonic experience was probably watching Sonic X on 4Kids (yeah remember 4Kids? They had their characters, several of which lived in Japan, singing the US anthem. It was wild).

In 2010 I got Sonic Colors for my Wii, and I fell in love. I honestly believe if I hadn’t discovered Pokémon a short time later and fallen even more in love, I’d be a Sonic fanboy.
My first Sonic experience was when I played Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time on the Sega Game Gear back in my childhood. Sonic is what pretty much got me into video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom