• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So while I'm about to finish Persona 5 Royal, I'm gonna do a good and iffy of what I think about the game. Tagging osby osby Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 as you three are great fans of it but I can't remember who else is massive fans of the game. I didn't want to pinpoint them without confidence.
It'll take a bit to read so bear with me my friends.

Anyways the good, iffy and some food for thought of Persona 5 Royal. Spoilers of course.

- It's ****ing Persona 5. You're getting one of the best JRPGs of all time plus an extra quarter or so of the game added on. And it still got highest rated game of 2020.

- Story is really great still with some moments that are chilling, funny and awesome. Makoto's Awakening, Kamoshida's Palace, the entirety of Futaba's arc, the interrogation scenes etc. And the new moments are great......mostly.

- The game contains some of the best visual and audio in the industry alone. UI, Palace design, monster and boss concepts etc. It's amazing how they made it so stylish without being overwhelming on the eyes. Wish the audio mixing was better and we can change the settings a bit though.

- Music is of course, one of the best soundtracks out there. Plus this time, I've grown to like more themes like Mementos and others such as the Gun Shop and Takemi's Clinic has grown on me more since my first playthrough when the original came out.

- Thieves Den is a really great feature and kept me coming back to check on it. Really hope we see something like this in future games.

- Onto the new semester and stuff, it's great. Sumire is a great character and feels like a natural part of the Phantom Thieves. Still think it would have been great if she was a "Mementos only" member for Nijima's and Shido's palace though. Plot could work that out, plus her absence during the God of Control thing really is a plot hole that should have been filled.

- As for the new palace, holy **** but for some reason, Maruki's Palace gives me a bit of a Madoka Magica vibe to it with the music and design. I can't shake it off. Also I love its music with that hauntingly beautiful piano. One of the best designed in the game without a doubt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Playing Japanese dub, I still feel like Mamoru Miyano was miscast as Ryuji. Most of the main performances like Tomokazu Sugita as Yusuke and Aoi Yuki as Futaba are still amazing but I just feel like something is missing from Miyano's performance, feels a bit restrained.
Maybe it's my preference of his more over the top insanity I've seen in Steins Gate and Zombieland Saga that makes me think something is off it.

- Yes, I still think the "there was no point in changing Futaba's Codename" is a point I still stand by. Just a nitpick though.

- I feel there's always more that could have been added to the Royal version.
Sumire feels a bit shoehorned in at times but I feel like more stuff like a few more fully explorable places (how Asakusa was not one is beyond me) more confidants, a new Velvet Room thing, an alternate path to the story etc. would have more justifiable to have bought it at full price, which honestly I'm glad I didn't.

- I really still feel mixed on the whole Akechi plot twist with him being the bad guy. Would have prefer something like his cognitive version was doing all the killing instead of actually him as it felt a bit too obvious, not to mention the pancakes.

- Not a fan of being on the third semester with Arsene having not turned into Satanel. Still a god of control being killed by the devil is such sweet poetry.

- Also, can we just get a better indication of where we find targets in Mementos? Just annoyed me a bit there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- I feel a bit regretful at playing it on easy but eh, I play it for the story.

- I maxed out around half the confidants this time which I'm proud of instead of going to the batting cages on my first playthrough. Think outside of the story maxing, I only maxed Hifumi's for the party switching I think.

- Man, Mishima really gets the short stick sometimes doesn't he?

- Playing Royal has made me appreciate characters like Sojiro, Yusuke and the twin Wardens alot more. Also taking Caroline and Justine to places has been one of the funniest moments of the game.

- I'm gonna crazily predict Persona 6 will take place in Okinawa or Hawaii. Just feels like its the next logical step.

- Really wished that made the Akihabara map a bit bigger but that's just me.

- One small thing from this and Tokyo Mirage Sessions western games can learn from, NPCs that aren't important can just be silhouettes. It's less strain and better visual design or something.

- Lastly, Maruki's Palace does give a really philosophical question. If you really could, would you live in a paradisal dream or would you face the reality you live in? It's pretty deep.
Will post a bit more once the credits roll but I'm loving it to pieces.

Thanks for listening to the thoughts of this Irish nerd here about Persona 5. Interested in hearing some reactions from the peanut gallery.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Festive Avatar time over.

Time for me to return to the closest thing to normalcy until December.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bloodstained is my first Metroidvania game I've played and when playing genre games for the first time I tend to be such a noob dying lots.

Keep getting my *** kicked by boss with the fire sword. Think I'm gonna go back and grab a number of health potions in order to win.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the Rubik’s cube movie, maybe the plot is some people get trapped inside a Rubik’s cube and have to find a way out?

Wait, Cube 2: Hypercube did that.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You know I was just kidding, right?

Still, it doesn’t look that creepy to me. Seems like some kind of alien face, actually.
I know, I know. Really.

Guess we all have different level of tolerance. Still it's honestly hilariously creepy, so much that it makes me want to laugh and cringe at the same time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know, I know. Really.

Guess we all have different level of tolerance. Still it's honestly hilariously creepy, so much that it makes me want to laugh and cringe at the same time.
Well, it is unusual. The face is not creepy, but the concept of a living Rubik’s cube like that? It does look odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom