• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh **** Nintendo has acquired Next Level Games as a subsidiary.
:mask:
Well this is exciting! Hopefully this means they can get more Nintendo series out! Put Next Level Games on a new Star Fox or F-Zero or something.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Well this is exciting! Hopefully this means they can get more Nintendo series out! Put Next Level Games on a new Star Fox or F-Zero or something.
I don’t think I have to say why I would be excited for a new star fox

But it’s also worth noting next level made the punch out game for the wii which was amazing.
So you know get on that next level I want more punch out

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Omega Force’s next Warriors game should be a Sonic Warriors game.
I don’t think I have to say why I would be excited for a new star fox

But it’s also worth noting next level made the punch out game for the wii which was amazing.
So you know get on that next level I want more punch out
I would love a new Punch Out too tbh.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean no offence but is it really that surprising that Nintendo has bought Next Level Games?

I thought they had owned them anyways but it was like a Monolith Soft situation so my reaction was like when Sony bought Insomniac; you'd think they owned them already.

Still hopefully Nintendo buys another studio. And Sony and Microsoft go a few more as well.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I saw someone mention the idea of buying Grezzo (the people who did the Zelda remakes) and making them a dedicated remake team (like Bluepoint is for Sony). I think that would work well, Grezzo is with NLG where they work almost exclusively for Nintendo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I saw someone mention the idea of buying Grezzo (the people who did the Zelda remakes) and making them a dedicated remake team (like Bluepoint is for Sony). I think that would work well, Grezzo is with NLG where they work almost exclusively for Nintendo.
They should do the same thing with Retro Studios. And go back in time and buy Rare before Microsoft.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I mean why would they buy these companies who make games for them almost exclusively already unless they do what next level was doing and start to sell their shares?

I would say unless buying them is the only way to keep them working with you closely it’s better both creatively and from a business standpoint to not

D

Deleted member

With Nintendo buying Next Level Games, It means that the chances for more Mario Strikers and a Luigi's Mansion 4 are higher.

We could also get a sequel to Punch Out Wii, another Next Level Games title.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
You know now that I think about it a little more Nintendo buying next level games dosent matter at all they essentially made games for Nintendo anyway and were probably working on something anyway for Nintendo(given their history of making Nintendo games)

I think the only thing that actually happens was Nintendo saw next levels employees were selling stocks and stuff and said “oh we want you to keep making games for us and not another company, so congrats next level games you’re officially adopted

Edit:my meaning which I feel kind of was lost in the above paragraphs is I don’t think this means that Nintendo thought buying next level means they can make a new strikers game
It means that whatever next level games was working on(which could be strikers or any other game to me) probably isn’t affected by being “officially” under Nintendo’s banner

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Actually going onto saying about Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo buying studios, I think we'll see a few more bought this year but none like the bombshell of Microsoft buying Bethesda.

I think Microsoft will finally get a Japanese studio under its belt, someone like Vanillaware or CyberConnect 2. A relatively known studio or the remnants of Konami

PlayStation is going to buy Bluepoint. It's a matter of time.

Nintendo, I can see them buying someone small that "works well with their philosophy". I can see them buying indiezero (Electroplankton developers) or Jupiter (Picross, Pokemon Pinball and Game Boy Camera developers) next. Just guessing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, made progress in Persona 5 and I have a dilemma. Time to tag osby osby and Lamperouge Lamperouge

So, Yusuke finally found out about his master ****ing over his pupils and now he joined my team. I'm entering the Palace again but now I must choose which three Partners come with me.

I want to keep Yusuke and Ryuji because both have really strong offensive attacks to end fights faster, but the problem is choosing between Morgana or Ann for healer.

Any feedback?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean why would they buy these companies who make games for them almost exclusively already unless they do what next level was doing and start to sell their shares?

I would say unless buying them is the only way to keep them working with you closely it’s better both creatively and from a business standpoint to not
If Nintendo buys Grezzo they have more money, and are then able to hire more people, which will lead to more and/or better products

Dutch Raikuna

Ok, made progress in Persona 5 and I have a dilemma. Time to tag osby osby and Lamperouge Lamperouge

So, Yusuke finally found out about his master ****ing over his pupils and now he joined my team. I'm entering the Palace again but now I must choose which three Partners come with me.

I want to keep Yusuke and Ryuji because both have really strong offensive attacks to end fights faster, but the problem is choosing between Morgana or Ann for healer.

Any feedback?
Tag me on this as well, just saying as I'm literally at the tip of beating the game.

Personally Morgana. Around that time he does get more healing skills than Ann. As long as you are selling and building up one of your confidants, it shouldn't be a problem.

D

Deleted member

Tag me on this as well, just saying as I'm literally at the tip of beating the game.

Personally Morgana. Around that time he does get more healing skills than Ann. As long as you are selling and building up one of your confidants, it shouldn't be a problem.
Morgana It is the then.

And I will tag you next time, yeah.

Dutch Raikuna

Minecraft Earth is shutting down.
I thought you meant like they were shutting a full scale Earth thing on Minecraft at first and I was like "well, someone wants to see the world burn."

Then I looked it up and it was augment reality thing for those glasses that still aren't released, so people playing it with them on would be like "Wow, this is the foocher!"

Then your kid runs into the wall wearing them and congratulations, there's a few thousand bucks down the drain.

D

Deleted member

I thought you meant like they were shutting a full scale Earth thing on Minecraft at first and I was like "well, someone wants to see the world burn."

Then I looked it up and it was augment reality thing for those glasses that still aren't released, so people playing it with them on would be like "Wow, this is the foocher!"

Then your kid runs into the wall wearing them and congratulations, there's a few thousand bucks down the drain.
The ar stuff was pretty cool but was a bit hard to use

Building anything over like 80 blocks required a ladder, no joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom