• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The ar stuff was pretty cool but was a bit hard to use

Building anything over like 30 blocks required a ladder, no joke

I mean using something like this, no wonder why.
Microsoft-Hololens-augmented-reality-headset.jpg
Still though remember when people thought this and Google Glass was going to be the next big tech revolution?

02hgFllAGyzcSi6NOuOkI9c-1.fit_lim.size_1938x1092.v_1569470686.png

Everything in the corner of your eye so all the data you need which is fun, until the first asshole or government official ruins it for everyone. Proof that the phone and the computer is the best tool for now.

Plus both of these would probably cost an arm and a leg for price.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ok, made progress in Persona 5 and I have a dilemma. Time to tag @osby and Lamperouge Lamperouge

So, Yusuke finally found out about his master ****ing over his pupils and now he joined my team. I'm entering the Palace again but now I must choose which three Partners come with me.

I want to keep Yusuke and Ryuji because both have really strong offensive attacks to end fights faster, but the problem is choosing between Morgana or Ann for healer.

Any feedback?
While Morgana is the best choice if you want a dedicated healer, I think you could potentially get by with Ann and maybe having a persona on Joker that has Dia, Diarama, ETC. Really depends on how comfortable you feel about the game's difficulty and how many enemies you choose to fight, though.

Ann is much better at dealing huge damage with her fire spells and inflicting status effects rather than healing.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, a Next Level Games-developed ARMS could be dope. They always inject so much personality into their games that it'd fit right in, especially when you look at their amazing job with Punch-Out
Yes please

D

Deleted member

I mean using something like this, no wonder why.
Still though remember when people thought this and Google Glass was going to be the next big tech revolution?

Everything in the corner of your eye so all the data you need which is fun, until the first asshole or government official ruins it for everyone. Proof that the phone and the computer is the best tool for now.

Plus both of these would probably cost an arm and a leg for price.
tbf the main issue with AR stuff right now is that there just simply isn’t a userbase right now. Companies taking gambles to make AR apps when probably not even .001% of the world even owns any devices(some phones support AR engines but it doesn’t have the same feel) is just a sign of things to come.

AR as it stands just needs time for it to grow. Every perhephial you can get right now costs and fortune and is impractical for pretty much anything other than work. But eventually that will change: the tech’s already there.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
tbf the main issue with AR stuff right now is that there just simply isn’t a userbase right now. Companies taking gambles to make AR apps when probably not even .001% of the world even owns any devices(some phones support AR engines but it doesn’t have the same feel) is just a sign of things to come.

AR as it stands just needs time for it to grow. Every perhephial you can get right now costs and fortune and is impractical for pretty much anything other than work. But eventually that will change: the tech’s already there.
Pokemon Go was probably the only big AR success.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sucks that Minecraft Earth is shutting down, while I love the main game much more I still loved it as well, even if I didn’t play it as much and mostly only played to collect stuff and beat those seasonal challenges so I could get some cool clothing for my character. It’s also a cool spinoff thing in a general, so as a big Minecraft fan it just kinda sucks to see this happening.

At least the exclusive mobs will always be remembered on the wiki.

I guess it shouldn’t have been surprising, although it was for me since I wasn’t really knowledgeable about the player count and stuff until recently lol; the pandemic certainly isn’t helping it, either.

Seems its new update is making it much easier to play/get stuff until it shuts down in June. You also can’t buy rubies anymore, effectively removing any sort of profit they could make off it, if they were making any profit at all anyway.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tbh I also voted for the Glowsquid because I thought it looked cool, even though its “glow” is just like blazes and spider/enderman eyes. Hopefully it’ll come with a cool item.

I also wanted the Moobloom and Iceologer, though; hopefully they don’t stay stuck in their ideas pile, which feels like it’s holding the biome vote losers hostage as well despite those supposed to have been always planned to be added in future updates and not just put into consideration...

D

Deleted member

decided to do another bit of lineart for a character idea I had
D8D97435-48EE-41EE-8727-C33ADC47DDBA.jpeg

the idea seems solid but I’m not liking how it looks... probably need to tweak it a bit before I start coloring

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random question but would it be considered that Amaterasu, Asura, and Dante are the most powerful Capcom characters or the very least Capcom protagonists?

Though I recall Morrigan herself is powerful. A piece of her had to be removed as a result as it would have destroyed the universe, Makai or something, that piece eventually becoming Lilith.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

out of all the possible things to struggle at....drawing clothes and such was not what I was expecting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC Future State is set in an elseworld universe despite it also set to affect the main universe...which actually is no longer the main DC universe, that is instead the elseworld universe

D

Deleted member

Random question but would it be considered that Amaterasu, Asura, and Dante are the most powerful Capcom characters or the very least Capcom protagonists?
Have you seen Frank West in the Dead Rising games?

He can take a simple shopping cart, pull an A-Team building montage on It and transform the thing into something which easily kills armies of people.

He's one of the most overlooked OP Capcom characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
isn’t it weird how DC did that to themselves

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Have you seen Frank West in the Dead Rising games?

He can take a simple shopping cart, pull an A-Team building montage on It and transform the thing into something which easily kills armies of people.

He's one of the most overlooked OP Capcom characters.
When I say most powerful I mean attack potency. Asura I know can hurl suns like their nothing and defeated his God of the universe or at least that's what Chakravartin claims he is.

Amaterasu given she can create constellations ( Which gets you new celestial brush abilities) using her celestial brush should make her alone Solar System level.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother got us to open our Dia de los reyes present one day early because like a kid he got impatient for his present.

...He got me FF7 remake, like i'm not complaining or anything, but i literally just beat the original game last night. lol

Why does a PS4 game have 2 discs?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Dream the Speedrun Cheater pretty much instructed his fanbase to vote Glow Squid so it won't affect his speedruns that he cheats in.
I was aware that he used his fanbase to rig the vote. I had no idea it was so that it wouldn't affect his speedruns. That's just a bit petty.

D

Deleted member

In hindsight, perhaps trying to draw/design a heavily armored, heavy, and humanoid character when I can barely draw circles correctly might have not been the best idea :4duckhunt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom