• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Seriously though, I'm not sure why it seems like I speed the games.

I mean Xenoblade 2 is probably the only JRPG that I've completed that was over 100 hours for story. Others have been around 65-70. All four Trails of Cold Steel games took me 65 hours each.

I'm not boasting on it but this is just normal to me. Comprehension and reading has always been my strongest suit.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity spirits are heading our way.
Damn, I had Impa down as a potential first party pick.

And probably means no Warriors music.

D

Deleted member

A spirit event with new spirits, at long last...
an excuse to boot up Smash again.
But also my condolences to those who wanted Impa or any new Zelda rep.....

D

Deleted member

While we’re talking about Zelda reps, I’m still a bit peeved over how :ultlink: only got 1 move significantly changed(that being Down-B) ngl
Like, could you at least have given him Revali’s Gale? No?

That's a guy?
I don’t recall there being anything saying otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I really don't think spirit events deconfirm the possibility of a fighter.
If a fighter was on the way, they'd wait for their challenger pack to add those spirits. See: FE3H's suspicious absence pre-Byleth's reveal.

D

Deleted member

Spin Attack is far more iconic than Revali's Gale.
I know but they literally went to all the effort to replace Twilight Princess Link with BOTW Link yet they only change one of his moves?

I know moves like Neutral B got some changes too but Down-B is literally the only move that distinctively refrenced BOTW and IMO it’s a huge missed opportunity.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know but they literally went to all the effort to replace Twilight Princess Link with BOTW Link yet they only change one of his moves?

I know moves like Neutral B got some changes too but Down-B is literally the only move that distinctively refrenced BOTW and IMO it’s a huge missed opportunity.
I mean, in the transition from OoT to Twilight Princess they only changed one move and it was Boomerang.

It's a very deliberate design choice that makes sense if you want to dive into it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
RIP my girl Impa

Wasn't betting on her tbh. AoC came out wayy too late and while the devs could've :ultgreninja:'d the ninja into Smash, I felt like the possibility was too far out there for it to happen.

Her moveset could've been neat using her runes to summon clones of herself to act as a Arene/Ice Climbers esque mechanic, but seems the devs have their eyes somewhere else.

That said, I am of the belief that spirit events coming during DLC development are off the table because these spirits would've been held off for the character's inclusion. Especially when the character in question are one of the spirits. Base game spirits like Min Min (and Elma) are fair game obviously but new spirits added into the game now are pretty much dead.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Actually they changed three things with Link in Ultimate:
Remote bombs
no tether
and the iconic 0% blade beams

There's a few other minor changes like his utilt, longer range and picking up arrows but those are probably the biggest three

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and yet that’s the only thing representing barrels in his moveset. I wish DK had more things that represented him instead of being a typical gorilla
It's understandable. He sticks out more with these moves than turning him into Monkey Snake.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering: About that Monster Hunter Digital Event on the 7th, is that going to be done by Nintendo themselves?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just wondering: About that Monster Hunter Digital Event on the 7th, is that going to be done by Nintendo themselves?
It doesn't seem like it.

It's being shown on the Monster Hunter Twitch channel, as opposed to any Nintendo site/channel.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How the hell would he be Snake if Barrels were added into his moveset?
I mean giving him things like the barrels, coconut gun, and orange grenades would just make him yet another zoner. And we're getting plenty of those in this DLC.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean giving him things like the barrels, coconut gun, and orange grenades would just make him yet another zoner. And we're getting plenty of those in this DLC.
One problem with the Coconut Gun, though; if it shoots anyone, it's gonna hurt!

Sorry, I just had to.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. I'm a pretty fast reader.

2. I usually change between Safe and Normal difficulty.

I mean, I'm the same and this is me taking my time. The original took around 65 hours for me as well.

Seriously, I could make a list of JRPGs that I've completed and how long they took me roughly.
did you, like, only do the main story or something?
PURAH STILL FREE BOYS AND GIRLS
Should have been more clear. Deconfirmation through Spirit Events.
Spirts deconfiming died the moment Min Min got in, so that theory no longer matters

now as for Events...who knows how long that theory manages to last (well...the one that is about new spirits that is)
While we’re talking about Zelda reps, I’m still a bit peeved over how :ultlink: only got 1 move significantly changed(that being Down-B) ngl
Like, could you at least have given him Revali’s Gale? No?

I don’t recall there being anything saying otherwise
**** Revali
Actually they changed three things with Link in Ultimate:
Remote bombs
no tether
and the iconic 0% blade beams

There's a few other minor changes like his utilt, longer range and picking up arrows but those are probably the biggest three
all the changes needed to differentiate the 3 Swords
and yet that’s the only thing representing barrels in his moveset. I wish DK had more things that represented him instead of being a typical gorilla
I'm good. DK is unholy and anime enough as is

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'll say it again, Zelda can't even get a newcomer since Brawl that's not a clone of Link or is part of the Triforce trio.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Base Spirits yes.

However, DLC Era Spirits however deconfirm.
I think Arms was meant to get a rep regardless since Nintendo, so any of those characters would have killed the rule. For now we must wait and see who the final newcomers are to know if the spirts rule is fully dead or merely half dead

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think Arms was meant to get a rep regardless since Nintendo, so any of those characters would have killed the rule. For now we must wait and see who the final newcomers are to know if the spirts rule is fully dead or merely half dead
No, it's clear the reason for Min Min was under the request of her creator.

Even then that makes me kind of think she may have been an exceptional case as a result.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm on the boat that DLC spirits aren't eligible to be fighters.

Negotiations had to be made for a DLC spirit to come in fruition.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, it's clear the reason for Min Min was under the request of her creator.

Even then that makes me kind of think she may have been an exceptional case as a result.
yeah, but even without the input of the creator wanting Min Min more, Twintelle and the ninja guy were also close to happening (and they also have spirits). Funny how nobody else were close to being considered but those 3
Nope. Do a good amount of side quests as well. In P5 Royal spend a lot of time doing the confidant building and walking around in general as well.
well ****ing wow you got some Sonic/Flash levels of fast ass reading then

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Update on the recent situation with me.

My partner and I had a heart to heart about how they feel this is what's right for them at this time and I now understand how they feel (and truthfully, a lot of it is stuff I've felt before... maybe I'm also nb) - but the important thing is I now have a deeper understanding and appreciation for them. I love them even more than I did before, and that showed in our interactions last night. My partner finally came up with a pet name for me they like... and I love it! My partner is truly wonderful... I want to spend the rest of my life with them even more so now, regardless of what the world or the people surrounding me have to say about it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all are talking about how DK or Link need overhauls but let's not forget the gargantuan pig demon in the room.
Honestly I don't mind that a lot of his attacks are kicks and punches. He's a huge guy, and a villain who has a tendancy to underestimate his enemies. But there's just some weird elements of his design in Smash from a gameplay standpoint as well as a character representation one.

There's his recovery for one. The fact that he grabs his opponent is definitely scary when it lands, but there's no reason someone who can canonically levitate should have a bottom 3 recovery, especially when it goes against the livelong/kill early design philosophy heavies are supposed to be designed around. Dark Dive is an old relic of his moveset being copied over by a high speed glass canon and has long outlived its welcome.

And Volcano Kick and Warlock Punch are just...weird. They're clearly meant to be casual moves with their windbox and superarmor, but Doryiah clearly does the casual killer job better while also having some competitive viability to boot. VK and WP are just redundant now. Give him an up tilt that can actually be used as an anti air or poke or something, and replace neutral b with something actually useful, if only in niche situations. I think a projectile similar to Sephiroth's Flare would be a good fit - it's too slow and unwieldy to be used as an effective zoning tool, but it still commands a lot of respect and helps Sephiroth feel like a scary, magic-wielding villain. On that note Volcano Kick also looks just really, really stupid - why should I be scared of a man doing the splits at me for a full second?

Jeeze man, kids play this game.

At least Wizard's Foot and Flame Choke have some good midrange synergy. Wizard Kick is a midrange option that can scare opponents into shield, and Flame Choke is a midrange command grab that can heavily punish shields. And hey, Flame Choke actually represents source material really well, with its grounded version referencing a memorable cutscene in Twilight Princess and its aerial version representing a move he used in OoT. I'd still like to see WizKick replaced with a move that serves the same function but has a more fitting animation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom