• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Today is the last day of the Christmas season, starting tomorrow i can shed Padoru.

besides Joker and Morgana of course, who do y’all think is the most important character throughout all of Persona 5 both storyline wise and skill wise (R, D, and S all included)? Personally I think that would be Makoto followed by Akechi. Ann and Haru are only important at the beginning of their stories, Ryuji and Futaba have moments of serious importance (but doesn’t go any further than what they get at the beginning to develop them more), Sumire is a tease for the new and superior final act, but other than that is just there waiting for Maruki to kick everything off...and Yusuke is in an interesting place when it comes to importance. His character development finishes yeah, but he also helps with keeping the team from getting overconfident while also being the reason for the main developing arc of Akechi.

tho that aside, Makoto is definitely the most important Phantom Thief Ren and Morgana have
I always figured Makoto was like the canon love interest because of how important she is to the plot compared to the other thieves.

My brother wants me to try the remake after I beat the original. He’s not too big a fan.

Also, thank God that Aerith gave me my materia back before she went out to die stop Sephiroth, because I would have been very, very miffed.
Did you really have to spoiler tag this? Everybody knows lol

From what i know of FF7R i'm extremely mixed, on the one hand it's false advertising, on the other i'm actually kinda interested in where they want to take this concept.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't mind what they did with FF7r, i just wish they had also done a more 1-to-1 remake. FF7 is one of the few games where the graphics directly get in the way of my enjoyment.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A lot of series have been doing their run of those all-star type games revolving around fan-favourites and such; like Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblems Warriors, Pokken, etc.

I was thinking for Metroid, instead of doing another Warriors type clone, I think making it into an asymmetrical multiplayer, Hunters vs. Bounties type of battle game would be neat. I don't know if anyone remembers the game Evolve, which was essentially a team of hunters tracking a monster that progressively gets stronger. Players can play as either the hunters (fps) or the monster (third person). Come to think of it if the game were ever to be revived a switch port would be awesome!

They could do something similar with Metroid using all the various hunters (or new characters representing certain races) as well as using some popular boss creatures for the bounties. Most of the most iconic characters are bosses since Samus herself is one of the few major fan-favourite characters that isn't a kaiju sized monster, so allowing something like this can add more diversity to the content and gameplay. Different game modes could have co-operative play where different hunters go after one creature or competitive play where different hunters will basically free-for-all to kill the other hunters or collect the bounty. Some game modes could require players to find certain artifacts or objectives, like specific chozo temples and tech, all while the bounties can be all distriptive for the hunters.

Potential Roster:
Hunters:
-Samus Aran (different suits available such as Varia, Gravity, Fusion, Phazon suit, Dark suit, Light Suit, PED suit, as well as a Justin Bailey variant, each suit could a couple special abilities to give her an edge in certain situations)
-Sylux
-Trace
-Weevil
-Spire
-Noxus
-Kanden
-Rundas
-Gandrayda
-Ghor
-GFed Trooper (could be Anthony Higgs or some other generic trooper but someone to represent the GFed as a playable character)
-Federation Force Trooper and Mech (Titanfall type gameplay?)
-Chozo Warrior (based on Old Bird/Grey Voice from the manga, Torizos, God of War, and some of Samus's weaponry)
-U-Mos (or some Luminoth inspired Warrior)
-Space Pirates (I know Weevil is a space pirate as well but a more generic representation of the race for this spot)

Bounties:
-Ridley
-Kraid
-Metroid (could progress through the whole life cycle, so Larva, Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, Omega, Queen)
-Phantoon
-Draygon
-Mother Brain
-SA-X
-Yakuza
-Nightmare
-Dark Samus/Metroid Prime (maybe as separate characters since they'd likely play very differently)
-Omega Pirate (possibly a progressive stage between the Elite Pirates to the Omega Pirate)
-Quadraxis
-Emporer Ing
-Berserker Lord
-Diggernaught

Zero Suit Survival Mode
-Samus lost her suit and everyone's trying to capture her. She has to find the objective before the Hunters and/or Bounties find her. Game Over once captured or killed.

Of course there's the potential for featuring all sorts of cool classic Metroid areas, of course chock full of classic Metroid enemies:
-Brinstar
-Norfair
-Maridia
-Crateria/Wrecked Ship
-Tourian
-Chozo Ruins
-Phendrana Drifts
-Phazon Mines
-Artifact Temple/Impact Crater
-Sector 1 (SRX)
-Surface of SR-388
-Vepser Defense Outpost
-Talvania
-Temple Grounds
-Torvus Bog
-Sanctuary Fortress
-Dark Aether
-Bryyo Cliffside
-Skytown Elysia
-Phaaze

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lot of series have been doing their run of those all-star type games revolving around fan-favourites and such; like Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblems Warriors, Pokken, etc.

I was thinking for Metroid, instead of doing another Warriors type clone, I think making it into an asymmetrical multiplayer, Hunters vs. Bounties type of battle game would be neat. I don't know if anyone remembers the game Evolve, which was essentially a team of hunters tracking a monster that progressively gets stronger. Players can play as either the hunters (fps) or the monster (third person). Come to think of it if the game were ever to be revived a switch port would be awesome!

They could do something similar with Metroid using all the various hunters (or new characters representing certain races) as well as using some popular boss creatures for the bounties. Most of the most iconic characters are bosses since Samus herself is one of the few major fan-favourite characters that isn't a kaiju sized monster, so allowing something like this can add more diversity to the content and gameplay. Different game modes could have co-operative play where different hunters go after one creature or competitive play where different hunters will basically free-for-all to kill the other hunters or collect the bounty. Some game modes could require players to find certain artifacts or objectives, like specific chozo temples and tech, all while the bounties can be all distriptive for the hunters.

Potential Roster:
Hunters:
-Samus Aran (different suits available such as Varia, Gravity, Fusion, Phazon suit, Dark suit, Light Suit, PED suit, as well as a Justin Bailey variant, each suit could a couple special abilities to give her an edge in certain situations)
-Sylux
-Trace
-Weevil
-Spire
-Noxus
-Kanden
-Rundas
-Gandrayda
-Ghor
-GFed Trooper (could be Anthony Higgs or some other generic trooper but someone to represent the GFed as a playable character)
-Federation Force Trooper and Mech (Titanfall type gameplay?)
-Chozo Warrior (based on Old Bird/Grey Voice from the manga, Torizos, God of War, and some of Samus's weaponry)
-U-Mos (or some Luminoth inspired Warrior)
-Space Pirates (I know Weevil is a space pirate as well but a more generic representation of the race for this spot)

Bounties:
-Ridley
-Kraid
-Metroid (could progress through the whole life cycle, so Larva, Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, Omega, Queen)
-Phantoon
-Draygon
-Mother Brain
-SA-X
-Yakuza
-Nightmare
-Dark Samus/Metroid Prime (maybe as separate characters since they'd likely play very differently)
-Omega Pirate (possibly a progressive stage between the Elite Pirates to the Omega Pirate)
-Quadraxis
-Emporer Ing
-Berserker Lord
-Diggernaught

Zero Suit Survival Mode
-Samus lost her suit and everyone's trying to capture her. She has to find the objective before the Hunters and/or Bounties find her. Game Over once captured or killed.

Of course there's the potential for featuring all sorts of cool classic Metroid areas, of course chock full of classic Metroid enemies:
-Brinstar
-Norfair
-Maridia
-Crateria/Wrecked Ship
-Tourian
-Chozo Ruins
-Phendrana Drifts
-Phazon Mines
-Artifact Temple/Impact Crater
-Sector 1 (SRX)
-Surface of SR-388
-Vepser Defense Outpost
-Talvania
-Temple Grounds
-Torvus Bog
-Sanctuary Fortress
-Dark Aether
-Bryyo Cliffside
-Skytown Elysia
-Phaaze
Maybe Crocomire as a joke character for the bounties.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Maybe Crocomire as a joke character for the bounties.
I was actually thinking moreso that there would be world bosses in certain areas. Crocomire would appear in Norfair, for example; then you'd have Spore Spawn, Serris, Thardus, Amorbis, Kiru Giru, etc. These bosses wouldn't be playable but you could fight them as either the hunters or bounties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was actually thinking moreso that there would be world bosses in certain areas. Crocomire would appear in Norfair, for example; then you'd have Spore Spawn, Serris, Thardus, Amorbis, Kiru Giru, etc. These bosses wouldn't be playable but you could fight them as either the hunters or bounties.
Sounds like another good idea too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They weren't going to for long even if Netflix was still supporting the 3DS app. Thanks, Peacock.
Joke's on you - the Office is still on Netflix in Canada!

That reminds me that I haven't watched the second half of the series, give or take. Then again, between Breaking Bad, Brooklyn 99, the last season of Community, Doctor Who, and the Marvel Netflix shows aside from season 1 of Daredevil and season 1 of Jessica Jones, there's a lot that I need to get caught up on.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I always figured Makoto was like the canon love interest because of how important she is to the plot compared to the other thieves.
I think Ann is meant to be the canon love interest (or at the least the original one) based on her confidant, but at the same time most of it is about Shiho and modeling so that wouldn’t make any sense at all. At least with Makoto there’s a mix of her developing her human side and actually going on “dates“ with Ren. If the other women constantly contributed to the story then there could be a point in them being the most important overall, but only Futaba really does the 2nd most of the work (and that human inkling is not allowed to be a love interest...that’s a lil sister role only she can have)

That reminds me that I haven't watched the second half of the series, give or take. Then again, between Breaking Bad, Brooklyn 99, the last season of Community, Doctor Who, and the Marvel Netflix shows aside from season 1 of Daredevil and season 1 of Jessica Jones, there's a lot that I need to get caught up on.
oh man you need to get all over the rest of Daredevil and Jessica Jones (Luke Cage also). Punisher is good but not fully needed...and the less said about season 1 of Iron Fist the better

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
oh man you need to get all over the rest of Daredevil and Jessica Jones (Luke Cage also). Punisher is good but not fully needed...and the less said about season 1 of Iron Fist the better
I've seen the first episode of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, at the very least. (I might have seen more of Luke Cage, but I'm not sure) I thought the flashbacks to Danny's plane crash in Iron Fist were a bit much (we basically got the exact same flashback three times in one episode), but I figured that maybe it was just going to be in the first episode.

...Then I was told that we keep having these nearly-identical flashbacks through the first half of the season or so.

All of my work is online at the moment, so I should have time to catch up on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. (not sure how good the Defenders wound up being) I know that some of Marvel's Netflix shows have a problem of starting off strong, but running out of steam in the second half. (I haven't heard good things about the second halves of Daredevil season 2 or Luke Cage season 1, since apparently the villain changes from the Punisher and Cottonmouth (respectively) to a person or group that's much less compelling/interesting)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm working my way through Final fantasy 7 remake, this game is giving me a mix of Kingdom hearts and Yakuza vibes. it's weird.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My neighbor is so dumb. Hes going through his magic cards and his curtains are open. Isn't he worried that nerds might break into his room and steal them? Or anti nerds will bully him? Or he'll get noticed by that one kid that likes Magic but plays it like Yu-Gi-Oh? There's so many possibilities and they're all bad. ;(

D

Deleted member

sighs

Turns out my classes start tomorrow... And with the hellhole these "holidays" turned out to be I seriously feel as if I should keep the classes from this week digital.

I also have to watch a movie for a group project... But it's a really creepy movie and I'm not at all in the mood for those kinds of things.
Probably will just take the summary of the movie online and work around that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Note on the Doctor Who season: Skip Praxeus.

D

Deleted member

So I realized I drew the neck too big so I had to redo everything but the head
6CAA6956-23A2-40CF-BF8E-4C0440E4125A.jpeg
these ****ing legs are killing me

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Note on the Doctor Who season: Skip Praxeus.
I'm not sure what that is - I've only seen the Ninth Doctor's run, and the first few episodes of the Tenth Doctor. (I've reached an episode that brings back Sarah Jane Smith and K-9)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Very rarely. A new form is often introduced, but the Ultra games were the only ones to do so. Meltan technically debuted in Go before Let's Go, but Melmetal debuted in Let's Go.
They better include every gen 1-gen 3 Pokémon in the dex in Sinnoh remakes. Especially since SwSh had 400 in the Dex and platinum had a little over half that, and you KNOW they’re gonna cost the same.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If they're gonna do a thing like Meltan again, I really hope that they introduce a more unique looking Pokemon.

Like, give us a Pokemon that's not a nut sitting on the results of a nut. S'all I'm saying.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've seen the first episode of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, at the very least. (I might have seen more of Luke Cage, but I'm not sure) I thought the flashbacks to Danny's plane crash in Iron Fist were a bit much (we basically got the exact same flashback three times in one episode), but I figured that maybe it was just going to be in the first episode.

...Then I was told that we keep having these nearly-identical flashbacks through the first half of the season or so.

All of my work is online at the moment, so I should have time to catch up on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. (not sure how good the Defenders wound up being) I know that some of Marvel's Netflix shows have a problem of starting off strong, but running out of steam in the second half. (I haven't heard good things about the second halves of Daredevil season 2 or Luke Cage season 1, since apparently the villain changes from the Punisher and Cottonmouth (respectively) to a person or group that's much less compelling/interesting)
Punisher stays in the show in an important factor that leads to his show, but for the remainder of season 2 they get to their other focus on Elektra and The Hand (which leads to Defenders...not the best or worst show, but definitely isn’t too useful for all but Daredevil). 2nd half isn’t better than the first half for both of those seasons unfortunately, but the quality is still amazing. Cottonmouth on the other hand...he was too big of a loss villain wise and will always be missed but Bushmaster is just as badass

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm not sure what that is - I've only seen the Ninth Doctor's run, and the first few episodes of the Tenth Doctor. (I've reached an episode that brings back Sarah Jane Smith and K-9)
School Reunion is where you left off. You've got a long ways to go, but I heavily recommend watching every episode of Doctor Who's modern run till about Twice Upon a Time. 13s era is also something to watch if you're interested, but it is not as good.

KillerCage

Smash Master
SO! I have just completed Ori and the Will of the Wisps today.
Had I completed it sooner, it would have been a top-tier contender for my GOTY along side Hollow Knight and Freedom Planet.
This also makes me upset that Ori 2 didn't win anything at the Game Awards (curse you TLOU2!)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I bought some cereal today, and I didn't really pay attention to what it was. I just thought, "yeah cocoa puffs, my jam" but then I looked at the box and I'm just so unhinged.
This mother ****** is sucking his cereal out of a straw. How the hell are you gonna suck up a puff with a straw? That's bull****. Then you got the mascot himself, who's a ****ing bird sucking the cereal with his beak. Look at his beak. He's puckering that **** up. God damn it. Not even possible.

And look at that disgusting thumb. That's my thumb, and it looks like a mini sausage from a sealed tin can. Gross.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Two decades? They haven't had a new episode since 2010.

Whatever. Show sucked anyways.
yeah cause **** that kid. Should've been beaten by the belt for all the **** he's done and somehow got away with
Looked it up. it ended in 2010. Did we wake up a decade in the past and these last 10 years were just a dream or hallucination? Because I'm confused.
Show still aired on the channel for a long time despite no new episodes. This cancelation means it'll no longer be on the channel

which is why everyone is happy
Damn, you just gonna go at The boys neck like that
cause **** that kid
Boy's been dead for 10 years. I'm kicking a dead horse.
that's disrespectful to the horse itself

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
**** the horse. I've seen the show. It wasn't that good.
Horse been trying to get away from that demon since 2000

and why have those parents not been able to beat the **** out of him this entire time? If not a belt to solve the issue then steal his heart...or send Akechi in to solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom