• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wish I could sleep through the whole night.

Not in the mood for celebrations at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tomorrow four Cartoon Network shows will be available for streaming on HBO Max

• Codename: Kids Next Door
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Ed, Edd, n Eddy
  • The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (my most favorite cartoon)

I'll start off by watching my most favorite Billy & Mandy episode: "Here Thar Be Dwarves"
Please pass the egg salad

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MOTHER ****ING SIIIIIIIIIIIDOOOOOOOOOOOON
That's not how you say "Froppy". :nifty:
I prefer the name Froggirl...I still wish she was named that

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's are the Flash games I've downloaded so far:
  • American Dad vs Family Guy Kung-Fu II Turbo! Hyper Mega Edition (Though having trouble running it)
  • Balloon Duel
  • Chroma Blast
  • Dr. Mario Vitamin Toss
  • Dr. Yagokoro
  • Enough Plumbers
  • Enough Plumbers 2
  • Mata Nui Online Game
  • Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
  • Samurai Jack: Code of the Samurai
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Seeds of Darkness
  • Super Mario 63
  • Super Mario Bros. Crossover
  • Ultimate Flash Sonic
  • Vanquish Those Viruses
  • Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby
  • Yeah Jam Fury
Any others you'd recommend?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's are the Flash games I've downloaded so far:
  • American Dad vs Family Guy Kung-Fu II Turbo! Hyper Mega Edition (Though having trouble running it)
  • Balloon Duel
  • Chroma Blast
  • Dr. Mario Vitamin Toss
  • Dr. Yagokoro
  • Enough Plumbers
  • Enough Plumbers 2
  • Mata Nui Online Game
  • Mata Nui Online Game II: The Final Chronicle
  • Samurai Jack: Code of the Samurai
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Seeds of Darkness
  • Super Mario 63
  • Super Mario Bros. Crossover
  • Vanquish Those Viruses
  • Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby
  • Yeah Jam Fury
Any others you'd recommend?
If you can find It get the Fix It Félix Jr. recreation which was posted back in the day on the official Disney website.

It was a Game ran in Flash and It is really close to what was shown in the movie.

D

Deleted member

Why was that warned for being inappropriate?
Tbf, It was making me really uncomfortable since those posts reminded me of something awful from a few weeks ago.

But I wasn't the one who warned the posts as I was scared I would look like a jerk for doing so.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've tried downloading Stinkoman 20X6, but I haven't been able to get it working. Not sure if it's an issue with the SWF player programs that I've been using, or if the game itself doesn't work as an SWF file. (I haven't done anything like this before, but the alternative is losing out on games like this)

I'll try another Homestar Runner game like Trogdor and see how that goes. (EDIT: I got it. Turned out that I needed to right-click the links and select "Save Link As" rather than left-clicking on them)

Also, this trailer seems like a fitting send-off to Flash as a whole:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m still waiting for like, 2022 to get one.

It should be less of a struggle by then.
I'm currently thinking about going for a Xbox Series X first before jumping from the PS4 to the PS5.

The PS5 seems really promising and has a lot of cool games announced but at the same time I have never owned a Xbox console, the games Microsoft has announced recently such as Perfect Dark or Fable really caught my attention and Gamepass seems like too much of a great deal to miss out.

So if I get really lucky, I may get Series X around the end of 2021 and PS5 near the end of 2022.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Someone has uploaded an archive of all of Homestuck's flashes so I've saved a copy of that and also a few Homestar Runner things but now i'm trying to save some obscure Cartoon Network, Bionicle and LEGO Flash games, and I'm having a weird existential crisis

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm so not ready to begin 2021.

Had to deal with two things at two different Discord servers minutes ago, and It has drained my motivation even more.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only flash games I want to save are Sonny 1 and 2 as well as fancy pants adventure

D

Deleted member

My aunt's dog is trying to sleep close to me literally shaking in fear of something.

I suppose she is scared of the possible fireworks or my uncle's dog, but one of the last things I wanted to end the year with is having to take care of someone when I am literally unable to protect my emotional status.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why is getting tested for Covid so difficult?

All the testing facilities in my area require you come by car, and I don't have one. So I ordered a testing kit a week ago from in state and they sent it all the way to Tennessee before shipping it back here, and it still hasn't been delivered.

After my sister got tested positive I'm completely certain I have Covid at this point. I just want the proof to grantee I can get payed for more then 10 work days...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just gonna do a 2020 personal gaming in review here as well. It's going to be long and I might not make sense but I'll try.

Also tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94 as you two usually found these writeups from me. Plus I'm trying to improve on it.

Four parts so take a few minutes to read.

My Personal GOTY:
1609446293935.png

Only one game this year bar remasters has became one of my favourite games of all time. A wonderful trip to the Halcyon System and it's wonderful Board and affiliated landscapes, workers and idiots along with all sorts of wonderful creatures and gadgets.

Seriously The Outer Worlds was finally a game I was looking for ages: A Fallout-style game without the nuclear depressing things and brighter. It delivered in so many ways and I'm so glad I bought it. Even considering buying the Switch port at some point as well despite the reception. The writing and choices is the main reason why it became my personal GOTY but the world design, voice acting, sense of adventure and themes were amazing.

Simply put, if you don't like Bethesda or CDPR for recent years, play this.
Xenoblade-Chronicles-Definitive-Edition-Cover-Art-US.jpg
636447-persona-5-royal-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg
ffvii-remake-box-art-pegi.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Persona 5 Royal, Final Fantasy VII Remake. I find it insane that I have now all three of these games. Each game a different take on the idea of a remaster/remake with each original version considered the best JRPG of their generation and all three came out within two months of each other.

Problem is because of how different they are, I really don't think I can list which is the best of the three. Persona 5 Royal I'd probably place third as my game of the year because it came out at a right time and the playing of it in recent days has gave me a spring of my step once again. However I wouldn't know where to list the other two.

Xenoblade is a remake of my favourite game of all time but the more I played it, the more I felt like I was just playing it to tick it off the box. And FFVII Remake is well just part one.
This year wouldn't be good if I didn't get into some new franchises I've wanted to try, including one I've waited SEVEN YEARS for. Seven new series I have tried this year with varied results.

Atelier - Finally I got Atelier Ryza and while I'm enjoying it, it's not going to be fully played for a while.

Animal Crossing - The game that helped during the early days of the lockdown, I felt real joy in New Horizons and was relaxing as other people have felt. Then FFVII Remake came along and I stopped playing.

No More Heroes - A series I've waited about four years to play, NMH is just insane but it is outdated. I'm going to go back to it as it's so over the top.

Sakura Wars - Well I'll be blunt. If it wasn't for two games this year, Sakura Wars PS4 would be my biggest disappointment. Music, character and world design are all brilliant but just wasn't a fan of the combat and writing, maybe it just didn't rival the seven year wait to finally play the series. Despite that, I'll continue to support the series as Sakura herself is a massive inspiration for the "blossom heroine of justice" of my story.

Soul Calibur - A fighting game that while wasn't as great as I thought it would be or maybe I'm just not good. Still, I could kick Geralt of Rivia's ass as 2B and that's all I need to entertain me.

Taiko - My biggest surprise this year was Taiko. I thought I was gonna play it for 10 minutes and never touch again but man I've haven't had this much fun from a rhythm game since Persona 4 Dancing. Offers a good co-ordination work out as well. Best £12.50 I've spent this year.

The King of Fighters - An example of the Smash Bros Newcomer effect, I finally tried TKOF98 and it's pretty damn fun. Bit old but that's great with me. Made me want to get Samurai Showdown for Switch at some point.

Here's hoping to more franchises to get into next year
Cyberpunk 2077 is ****!

Yeah getting with the crowd! Quickly though, funny how my two biggest disappointing games this year were Cyberpunk themed: Ghostrunner and "the next generation of open world adventure". Only good thing about that game was it's gunplay, nothing more.

I was gonna write stuff about Ghost of Tsushima (which is my runner up GOTY) and needing to complete Tokyo Mirage Sessions but I got bored so I tried.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed that quick writeup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom