• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I do think about It a lot.

But then I get really invested on using my phone and I end up opening up Discord without even wanting to.

But I do feel I need a break from Discord.
I think it's less Discord and more the servers people act like a **** to you on. I'd leave the fully toxic and simplify the amount of servers you are on.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

I think it's less Discord and more the servers people act like a **** to you on. I'd leave the fully toxic and simplify the amount of servers you are on.
Here's the thing about one of the three main servers I frequent doh.

The people there aren't bad people, they have infact done a lot of good stuff for me in the past and have helped me a lot.

The problem... Is that they are people who care too much about Smash Bros and one character in specific that character being Geno. So between the fact they all had a really **** year, the thing about said character becoming a Mii costume and them not taking It well and how they don't like the same things as I do... It all fills me with too much anxiety.
Because It is basically me who doesn't care about that character or even Smash at all vs a group of people who may care too much about the character and have had a **** year pushing them to react extremely to things.

So yeah, I do feel that I need a really long break from Discord, and the less time I spend near people getting depressed over videogames and stuff like that the better.
Because I just don't know how to be near people who take videogames so seriously.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So just gonna do a 2020 personal gaming in review here as well. It's going to be long and I might not make sense but I'll try.

Also tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94 as you two usually found these writeups from me. Plus I'm trying to improve on it.

Four parts so take a few minutes to read.

My Personal GOTY:
View attachment 297845

Only one game this year bar remasters has became one of my favourite games of all time. A wonderful trip to the Halcyon System and it's wonderful Board and affiliated landscapes, workers and idiots along with all sorts of wonderful creatures and gadgets.

Seriously The Outer Worlds was finally a game I was looking for ages: A Fallout-style game without the nuclear depressing things and brighter. It delivered in so many ways and I'm so glad I bought it. Even considering buying the Switch port at some point as well despite the reception. The writing and choices is the main reason why it became my personal GOTY but the world design, voice acting, sense of adventure and themes were amazing.

Simply put, if you don't like Bethesda or CDPR for recent years, play this.
View attachment 297850 View attachment 297851View attachment 297852

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Persona 5 Royal, Final Fantasy VII Remake. I find it insane that I have now all three of these games. Each game a different take on the idea of a remaster/remake with each original version considered the best JRPG of their generation and all three came out within two months of each other.

Problem is because of how different they are, I really don't think I can list which is the best of the three. Persona 5 Royal I'd probably place third as my game of the year because it came out at a right time and the playing of it in recent days has gave me a spring of my step once again. However I wouldn't know where to list the other two.

Xenoblade is a remake of my favourite game of all time but the more I played it, the more I felt like I was just playing it to tick it off the box. And FFVII Remake is well just part one.
This year wouldn't be good if I didn't get into some new franchises I've wanted to try, including one I've waited SEVEN YEARS for. Seven new series I have tried this year with varied results.

Atelier - Finally I got Atelier Ryza and while I'm enjoying it, it's not going to be fully played for a while.

Animal Crossing - The game that helped during the early days of the lockdown, I felt real joy in New Horizons and was relaxing as other people have felt. Then FFVII Remake came along and I stopped playing.

No More Heroes - A series I've waited about four years to play, NMH is just insane but it is outdated. I'm going to go back to it as it's so over the top.

Sakura Wars - Well I'll be blunt. If it wasn't for two games this year, Sakura Wars PS4 would be my biggest disappointment. Music, character and world design are all brilliant but just wasn't a fan of the combat and writing, maybe it just didn't rival the seven year wait to finally play the series. Despite that, I'll continue to support the series as Sakura herself is a massive inspiration for the "blossom heroine of justice" of my story.

Soul Calibur - A fighting game that while wasn't as great as I thought it would be or maybe I'm just not good. Still, I could kick Geralt of Rivia's ass as 2B and that's all I need to entertain me.

Taiko - My biggest surprise this year was Taiko. I thought I was gonna play it for 10 minutes and never touch again but man I've haven't had this much fun from a rhythm game since Persona 4 Dancing. Offers a good co-ordination work out as well. Best £12.50 I've spent this year.

The King of Fighters - An example of the Smash Bros Newcomer effect, I finally tried TKOF98 and it's pretty damn fun. Bit old but that's great with me. Made me want to get Samurai Showdown for Switch at some point.

Here's hoping to more franchises to get into next year
Cyberpunk 2077 is ****!

Yeah getting with the crowd! Quickly though, funny how my two biggest disappointing games this year were Cyberpunk themed: Ghostrunner and "the next generation of open world adventure". Only good thing about that game was it's gunplay, nothing more.

I was gonna write stuff about Ghost of Tsushima (which is my runner up GOTY) and needing to complete Tokyo Mirage Sessions but I got bored so I tried.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed that quick writeup.
Outer Worlds really impressed you that much, huh? Just another reminder that I need to get off my lazy bum and open up my copy of the game to play it.

I'd like to do a writeup about my favorite games released this year...but I actually haven't bought and played many of them. You already know how I feel about Xenoblade and Persona 5 Royal at this point, and I haven't made it very far into Age of Calamity or Animal Crossing, so yeah. Maybe I'm falling out of the hobby a little bit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My aunt's dog is trying to sleep close to me literally shaking in fear of something.

I suppose she is scared of the possible fireworks or my uncle's dog, but one of the last things I wanted to end the year with is having to take care of someone when I am literally unable to protect my emotional status.
That's how Sophie is right now. For two days now I've bee having this beeping sound in my basement coming from the furnace and given she suffers from anxiety had been shaking like your aunts dog.

My dad has checked it twice and still keeps making the beeping sound do we might have to get a technician to check on it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bro new site header and new 2020 achievement?

its weird when mods finally decide to touch up the website

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

The people there aren't bad people, they have infact done a lot of good stuff for me in the past and have helped me a lot.

The problem... Is that they are people who care too much about Smash Bros and one character in specific that character being Geno. So between the fact they all had a really **** year, the thing about said character becoming a Mii costume and them not taking It well and how they don't like the same things as I do... It all fills me with too much anxiety.
Because It is basically me who doesn't care about that character or even Smash at all vs a group of people who may care too much about the character and have had a **** year pushing them to react extremely to things.

So yeah, I do feel that I need a really long break from Discord, and the less time I spend near people getting depressed over videogames and stuff like that the better.
Because I just don't know how to be near people who take videogames so seriously.
Most leakers or leak vids on youtube died with geno. have not seen some tobers post in a while. might be the holidays though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Making sure to play Baka Mitai before the year truly end.

A fitting memes/song to end this rollercoaster of emotions & problems that is 2020-

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Maybe you should distance yourself from that server and only keep contact with the people you're closest with from it?

D

Deleted member

Most leakers or leak vids on youtube died with geno. have not seen some tobers post in a while. might be the holidays though.
I just don't care about Smash speculation anymore.

Sure, my predictions for Fighter Pass 2 have been for the most part correct so far with me predicting Min Min, a Microsoft character and a Square character right:
Adobe_20200531_144606.jpg

But Smash speculation really lost me when people just didn't take any theory or suggestions I ever made seriously and all that happened to me on Smash speculation servers was getting harassed over liking Sakura Wars and Pauline.

So I just did the right thing and stopped caring about speculation. I've been joining new communities, playing a lot of new franchises such as Puyo Puyo, got into some indie games including Hylics 2 and learnt a lot of things throught the way.

I feel that this whole thing of rejecting Smash speculation and just trying my best to look for other games and communities which I may like has done a lot of good for me, and in a way It did help me feel better about myself... Until the stuff from this month happened that is.

Maybe you should distance yourself from that server and only keep contact with the people you're closest with from it?
That's a really good idea, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Ah **** and here's the fireworks! Neighbours dog gonna keep barking til the end of time and my dog is gonna have the bladder of an Irish Alcoholic the next few hours.

Fun.

No, offence but isn't that why you made the one were a few of us are on there? A place where you aren't stressed and the people you know are more laid back and not trollish? Not gonna force you but that's always there.

Outer Worlds really impressed you that much, huh? Just another reminder that I need to get off my lazy bum and open up my copy of the game to play it.

I'd like to do a writeup about my favorite games released this year...but I actually haven't bought and played many of them. You already know how I feel about Xenoblade and Persona 5 Royal at this point, and I haven't made it very far into Age of Calamity or Animal Crossing, so yeah. Maybe I'm falling out of the hobby a little bit.
Feels like I've been falling out with video games and more into anime and books this year instead but I think it's other reasons. Although saying, The Outer Worlds has just impressed me so much with the writing/acting and that's like half the reason I consider it my personal GOTY.

Also told one of my IRL friends I've been playing it and he's like "my child, you've ascended with this and having a drink as well." He's a year younger than me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, offence but isn't that why you made the one were a few of us are on there? A place where you aren't stressed and the people you know are more laid back and not trollish? Not gonna force you but that's always there.
Gonna be honest and say that while that was the purpose and It all looked promising, I still feel kinda left apart in that server.

While people haven't been rude to me or stuff like that, the few times I get to post there It feels like nobody genuiely cares, and are just waiting for someone else to post something they actually care about.

That of course could also be my anxiety creating fictional wars in my mind, or maybe osby osby was 100% right and Discord is a mess from top to bottom which confuses everyone (or something among those lines he said a really while back).

Also have to say that It feels great to be able to talk all of this out peacefully without exploding in the way I was fearing. Makes me feel more safe.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is my ten list of films that I am anticipating within 2021 in no particular order:

1. Black Widow
  2. Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings
  3. The Eternals
  4. Jungle Cruise
  5. Untitled Third Spider-Man film
  6. The Suicide Squad
  7. James Bond: No Time to Die
  8. Raya & the Last Dragon
  9. F9
  10. The Kingsman
Honourable Mentions: Mortal Kombat, Tom & Jerry, Morbius, Godzilla Vs Kong, Cruella and Venom 2: Let there be Carnage.

What movies are you looking forward to watching in 2021 (that is if theatres will open in 2021?)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm spending my new years playing through FF7, it felt like it took forever to get Vincent, but i got him and i just got to Cid.

D

Deleted member

I’m so damn close to getting that Omegamon but I have to leave and go to my grandparent’s house -_-
literally just need to lvl up like 10 more times and I’ll have meet all the conditions. In chapter 7 no less.

oh well, I’ll just let my macro run all night

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Gonna be honest and say that while that was the purpose and It all looked promising, I still feel kinda left apart in that server.

While people haven't been rude to me or stuff like that, the few times I get to post there It feels like nobody genuiely cares, and are just waiting for someone else to post something they actually care about.

Also have to say that It feels great to be able to talk all of this out peacefully without exploding in the way I was fearing. Makes me feel more safe.
With that server it's all in your head. And keep trying there.

Also "looked promising?". You say that like the server is dead. Me, Rangez, Wade and such still post and with those friendships, I hope to continue with, hence why I post there everyday. I think you should take a page from my book and just look at things at face value sometimes.

People care man, just hard to understand their heads and reactions. Hell, I still don't understand myself sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Here is my ten list of films that I am anticipating within 2021 in no particular order:

1. Black Widow
  2. Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings
  3. The Eternals
  4. Jungle Cruise
  5. Untitled Third Spider-Man film
  6. The Suicide Squad
  7. James Bond: No Time to Die
  8. Raya & the Last Dragon
  9. F9
  10. The Kingsman
Honourable Mentions: Mortal Kombat, Tom & Jerry, Morbius, Godzilla Vs Kong, Cruella and Venom 2: Let there be Carnage.

What movies are you looking forward to watching in 2021 (that is if theatres will open in 2021?)
That's actually a good question.

Godzilla vs Kong I'm totally watching, but idk what else I would be excited for Next year.

Would have to look at the whole 2021 schedule before I give a definitive answer.

But if the sequel to the Sonic movie comes out in 2021, I'm watching that too.

D

Deleted member

I’m not one to celebrate at this time of year(my family always gets confused over why I chose to go to bed at like 10 rather than stay up all night) but THANK GOD THIS YEAR IS FINALLY OVER

that is all.

D

Deleted member

With that server it's all in your head. And keep trying there.

Also "looked promising?". You say that like the server is dead. Me, Rangez, Wade and such still post and with those friendships, I hope to continue with, hence why I post there everyday. I think you should take a page from my book and just look at things at face value sometimes.

People care man, just hard to understand their heads and reactions. Hell, I still don't understand myself sometimes.
Yeah, I honestly should keep trying.

And with looked promising I wasn't really referring to the activity and rather about how I was hoping to feel 100% stress and anxiety-free over there.

But yes, I do have to keep trying and not just give up so easily.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
OK *****es it's almost twenny-twenny-one so it's time for me to do an epic appreciation post

Keep in mind it won't be too long, I haven't even been here for a year

@JDCabrera You, sir, are epic, and you should know that. You're pretty much the first real friend I made here, and I sincerely hope life treats you better in the future

Lamperouge Lamperouge Yer a pretty cool bean too. Got some cool taste, and I like how you're not afraid to speak out about **** that's annoying you while still not being too aggressive about it

Shroob Shroob You always take a more realistic and mediated approach to things, and I really dig that

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! It's ****ing radical to have an actual voice actor around these parts, not to mention that you're one of the highest-tier ****posters on here which is always appreciated

Noipoi Noipoi I haven't familiarized myself with you as much as the others here, but I can already tell you're awesome to be around

osby osby Some of your posts can come off as excessively mean-spirited at times, but you're still an overall great dude, I've enjoyed what little interactions we've had, and I appreciate that you stan Opa-Opa as much as I do

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I....don't exactly agree with everything you say, but you certainly have a knack for crazy-ass ideas I wouldn't have ever thought of and I've really enjoyed bantering with you about stuff like Mahvel

MooMew64 MooMew64 You just give off good vibes. Really good vibes all around.

That's the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Again, not that many, but I haven't been here for that long, so

Dutch Raikuna

Well I'm just gonna say this.

Until the final Smash Bros reveal for Ultimate, I'm sticking to here.

You don't like it? **** one.

You like the fact that I'm here? Aw, I like you too.

"Irepan, are you drunk?" - No. Just drank too much caffeine again.

Yeah, I honestly should keep trying.

And with looked promising I wasn't really referring to the activity and rather about how I was hoping to feel 100% stress and anxiety-free over there.

But yes, I do have to keep trying and not just give up so easily.
Then seize the day dude! Take the plunge!

And if any troll starts trying to be a brat? Then start learning the art of the comeback.

Honestly that is a good point and I understand your reason for not using but that's why I've asked you in the past if you wanted to join ours since it's slower paced. Door's always open dude.

Also speaking of Discord, the idea that it could be used for teaching was clearly not in the head. Most boring crap I went through this year was those classes on Discord. At least I was giddy the night before from being on so much caffeine, watching Girls Last Tour and talking to you guys. Most fun I had in 2020.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
OK *****es it's almost twenny-twenny-one so it's time for me to do an epic appreciation post

@JDCabrera You, sir, are epic, and you should know that. You're pretty much the first real friend I made here, and I sincerely hope life treats you better in the future

Lamperouge Lamperouge Yer a pretty cool bean too. Got some cool taste, and I like how you're not afraid to speak out about **** that's annoying you while still not being too aggressive about it

Shroob Shroob You always take a more realistic and mediated approach to things, and I really dig that

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! It's ****ing radical to have an actual voice actor around these parts, not to mention that you're one of the highest-tier ****posters on here which is always appreciated

Noipoi Noipoi I haven't familiarized myself with you as much as the others here, but I can already tell you're awesome to be around

osby osby Some of your posts can come off as excessively mean-spirited at times, but you're still an overall great dude, I've enjoyed what little interactions we've had, and I appreciate that you stan Opa-Opa as much as I do

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I....don't exactly agree with everything you say, but you certainly have a knack for crazy-ass ideas I wouldn't have ever thought of and I've really enjoyed bantering with you about stuff like Mahvel

That's the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Again, not that many, but I haven't been here for that long, so
Thanks for the kind words, my dude.

You're a pretty swell bloke yourself, especially since you actually remember and stan classic SEGA franchises like Alex Kidd and Fantasy Zone. And I attribute the Dunkaccino meme to you more than anyone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let’s change that right now

I’m 37, I like long walks on the beach while being stabbed in the kidneys, I’m trapped in a cult, I have a chronic case of rabies, and I love Pokémon.

2 of those things are true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Decided to do my own gaming in 2020 write-up that's inspired by TheIrepan8, cheers for that!

Welp, this is sorta cheating because my GOTY is just a upgraded version by my favourite game of all time. Yep, it's...
1609452781130.png

...Persona 5 Royal!

This game is a masterpiece in my opinion, Atlus improved so much from the base game somehow with added gameplay elements, improving Mementos, the new characters and giving some characters more screen time. Also, the final palace is truly amazing. 10/10 game for me.

Since this was easy GOTY, I'm going to write about my second GOTY to make things fair.

This game didn't come out in 2020 but I played it this year so I'm counting it, and that game is...
1609453357025.png

Trails in the Sky SC!

This game, I spend 103 hours in my game, and it was so worth it! I would argue that this is the perfect sequel (okay maybe not but you still get the point). So many things I can talk about, the characters and their development, the antagonist, the soundtrack, the last couple of chapters, holy **** those chapters!

The best part is that there's still more Trails content, because the games are part of a overarching story. I've completed a couple more trails games this year after SC (Trails in the Sky the 3rd and Trails from Zero), and I know one of my highlights next year is going to finally catch up with the Trails series.

This is my first time doing one of these write-ups here so I continue with the other parts later, I mainly really wanted to write about these 2 games.

D

Deleted member

Aw, thank you so much Speed Weed.

It does mean a lot to me that you consider myself the very first of your Friends over here.

Come to think of It, I should be working on my new Year appreciation post too.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I’m 37, I like long walks on the beach while being stabbed in the kidneys, I’m trapped in a cult, I have a chronic case of rabies, and I love Pokémon.

Damn, Noi really is a middle aged man suffering from rabies. Just like I thought!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

I'm bettin' on the cult connections being true tbh

D

Deleted member

So top ten five(couldn’t think of ten lol)2021 wishlist huh?

1) Overdress. Either it’ll suck ass or be the savior we’ve I’ve been waiting for since Luard hit and murdered Vanguard

2) Digimon TCG: not much else to say. Looks cool, love the memory gauge, etc. It just looks clean

3) BOTW2(assuming it comes out this coming year) loved the original to death, will probably enjoy this one too.

4)I can finally start saving up for a laptop/fursuit again after the christmas holidays murdered my savings

5)With vaccines going round now I’m hoping my locals will open up and I’ll be able to play Yugioh with people irl again. My yugioh id is just collecting dust in my wallet right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom