• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Happy New Year Smashboards!

Ireland has crossed the gap.

With my family not being keen on doing a count down, I just decided to set Life Will Change to play at midnight at full blast.......on headphones. Cause I'm determined, now more than ever that I'm gonna go and try this year to the best of my ability!

Well 2021, let's bring it on! Don't surrender to fate!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
....Eh, you know what? **** it.

It's not even done, and I prefer showing it in full later, but since this is a new start...
View attachment 297888
Here's what I been working for the past few months, a ref of my character Zelox, who I been making sure to be as good as possible so that future artist I work with can get the most info out of it with as few words as possibles. Oh, and help me too as a bonus.

Boring pose as always, but hope you like it so far. Also, why are boots so hard to draw?!!?

@JDCabrera , Noipoi Noipoi , @Knight Dude , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Wademan94 Wademan94 , Aurane Aurane , @Dyllybirdy , @KarneraMythos , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs

Hope I didn't miss anyone, been a long time since the last time I shared my art or arts I colored.
Looks really good. :)

I wish I hadn't lost somewhat of a motivation to draw this year, but I can at least feel happy that I have progressed more with written projects in comparison to what I did years ago. Hopefully this new year will get me back on track when it comes to drawing more often as I used to.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you think you feel bad about flash going away, at least you didn't pay to take classes in it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Looks really good. :)

I wish I hadn't lost somewhat of a motivation to draw this year, but I can at least feel happy that I have progressed more with written projects in comparison to what I did years ago. Hopefully this new year will get me back on track when it comes to drawing more often as I used to.
Yeaaa, some year, you feel like drawing like crazy, and others, you prefer writting instead, or some other stuff. I know that feeling.

2020 been quite good for me in that regards, but I still hope you regain your drive this year!

And glad you & others like my stuff, that help too.

EDIT: Man, I should be sleeping already X_x

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeaaa, some year, you feel like drawing like crazy, and others, you prefer writting instead, or some other stuff. I know that feeling.
Yeah, my entire process changed overall as I engaged more in writing. It went from "Draw first, type stuff later." to "Type down things first and MAYBE draw something later." which, considering the project I have been working currently that is around 10 years old...I have become a little more hesitant into drawing much regarding it because I feel I cannot do it justice yet. Basically because of being afraid of failing.

2020 been quite good for me in that regards, but I still hope you regain your drive this year!
:cheep: Thank you for the best wishes, my friend.

And glad like you & others like my stuff, that help too.
;) Of course, keep it up!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If you think you feel bad about flash going away, at least you didn't pay to take classes in it
Eh, they could still be useful if you're animating for a TV show or YouTube. If you wanted to actually share the SWF files...RIP.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I was gonna do an appreciation post (they know who they are) but I thought I'll do something different first and tag a few of our content creators, being a creative writer and graphic designer.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs AndreaAC AndreaAC @Bakugan2556 and a number of others:

I sincerely hope that in 2021 as creators, whether it's through art, voice acting, writing and anything else we try to continue doing the stuff we love to the best of our ability so in the long run we not only improve ourselves and each other but also inspire those around us to create as well.

My biggest New Year's goal is to try and get back into writing once again when libraries open so I can complete that journey of my main character that started two and a half years ago as I think it is important to finish what you started, so I'm gonna try again and again until I have that story made.

And with support from friends offline and online, I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be around.

That is all. Once again, Happy New Year to you guys.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
: Mumbo's Hut of support is open for business for future shaman apprentices in training!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was gonna do an appreciation post (they know who they are) but I thought I'll do something different first and tag a few of our content creators, being a creative writer and graphic designer.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs AndreaAC AndreaAC @Bakugan2556 and a number of others:

I sincerely hope that in 2021 as creators, whether it's through art, voice acting, writing and anything else we try to continue doing the stuff we love to the best of our ability so in the long run we not only improve ourselves and each other but also inspire those around us to create as well.

My biggest New Year's goal is to try and get back into writing once again when libraries open so I can complete that journey of my main character that started two and a half years ago as I think it is important to finish what you started, so I'm gonna try again and again until I have that story made.

And with support from friends offline and online, I couldn't ask for a better group of people to be around.

Maybe I’ll actually animate something next year :4pacman:

AndreaAC

:) I really appreciate the best wishes, my friend! Hopefully it will be better for all of us, both in personal projects and what we work for! The best of luck to you going back into writing and I hope you can reach as much progress as you want with it, I can say from experience that when you do notice how much you have improved and progressed, it's a very gratifying feeling! Happy New Year over where you are, and stay safe!

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

I have so many ideas for my stand up comedy routine to get started on and see what works on a stage but I couldn’t start this year cause of the stupid smelly faced disease going around I couldn’t begin with my dreams hopefully I can start performing and writing this year

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pick your poision, the outcome will be cursed regardless.

lemme guess, inspect element?

no seriously how did you do that?
The inspect element. I ain’t fancy.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Years Parties

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's kind of interesting how they handled it, but I'm gonna stick to my classic theme because I think it's better on the eyes.
Oh, I'm referring to the art on the side, actually.

Yes, I use the PM theme for the pages itself, but the characters on the sides of the screen are renders of characters from Project M/+. I just thought it lined up really well, especially since PM/P+ is my favorite video game of all time atm.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Yes, I use the PM theme for the pages itself, but the characters on the sides of the screen are renders of characters from Project M/+. I just thought it lined up really well, especially since PM/P+ is my favorite video game of all time atm.
I know that. I just prefer the classic theme having grayscale renders.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
New Years Parties

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kinda weird how "generous" the artist of the second picture did Zelda considering she's like 14 years old.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

It's all PM art since I just used assets I have on my computer already, but P+ is great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom