• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

2021 is not going to be any different from 2020. Given the way the world is operating, it is only down hill from here.
But on the positive side, we have seph and 3 more characters to think about.
With the vaccine going around now it’s only a matter of time before we can finally get back to somewhat normal lifes. Although that “matter of time” could very well take the entire year because anti-vaxxers are a thing and without their cooperation(or death I guess, but that’s a bit extreme) we won’t be able to build herd immunity anytime soon, which is the entire point of the vaccine.

I don’t think we’re going back to pre 2020 routines anytime soon, that’s for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
With the vaccine going around now it’s only a matter of time before we can finally get back to somewhat normal lifes. Although that “matter of time” could very well take the entire year because anti-vaxxers are a thing and without their cooperation(or death I guess, but that’s a bit extreme) we won’t be able to build herd immunity anytime soon, which is the entire point of the vaccine.

I don’t think we’re going back to pre 2020 routines anytime soon, that’s for sure.
I hope. but give the UKovid strain has entered the battle, I am wondering if we are in a flu situation, where the vaccine does not matter and is just a suggestion. But I do hope we get back to "some-what" normal. But personally I hope we get back to "better-then-normal", where we actually give a crap about our environment. Once crazy is gone on Jan 20th. Hopefuly things start to trend in that direction.

Given anti-vax and how people operate, I suspect that the entire 20's is going to be some case of 2020 over and over again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Helluva Boss season 1 teaser trailer has come out and now I am stoked and can not wait!

I can't believe I will be hearing Richard Horvitz say "Mother ******"

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
2021 is not going to be any different from 2020. Given the way the world is operating, it is only down hill from here.
But on the positive side, we have seph and 3 more characters to think about.
Personally I think the world before the pandemic is somewhat gone. I think things aren't ever going to 100% be the same again. Hoping the rebuilding of the economy will be more eco based.

That being said I'm somewhat optimistic but more April or so 2021 optimistic than January.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to go to my dad's place for a bit. I don't want Sophie feeling distress all day.

Might have to get a technician or someone to check into my furnace.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

There is nothing worse than being in the middle of making a lengthy post and being interrupted by a phone call.

Destroys the trail of thought.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Personally I think the world before the pandemic is somewhat gone. I think things aren't ever going to 100% be the same again. Hoping the rebuilding of the economy will be more eco based.

That being said I'm somewhat optimistic but more April or so 2021 optimistic than January.
I commend you for your optimism and hope you are right.
We will see. I think we have to get over some final 2020 road blocks (being jan 20th, the eventual fighting that come from the fallout and etc) and then we can hopefully grow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has anybody posted the games they've played this year? I've been kinda busy this year, and as such, some of my progress suffered. Either way, here's the list of games I played this year, both complete and not.
I haven't really been keeping track of which games I've beaten, but I'll just write down everything that I remember, or everything that I've posted about beating, in rough chronological order. (if I go with games that I've played, I'll likely be here for a while)

-Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)
-Dragon Quest XI (Switch) - beat all of the enemies
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Switch)
-Devil May Cry 3 (Switch)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Switch)
-River City Ransom (Switch)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
-Persona 4 (PS3)
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gamecube) - my first time beating it!
-Doom Eternal (Steam)
-Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) - on the same day as Doom Eternal
-Nier Automata (Steam)
-Donkey Kong Country (Wii) - my first time playing through the whole game (my cousins had a save file that was at the final boss)
-River City Girls (Switch)
-Bug Fables (Switch)
-Destroy All Humans! (Steam)
-Fairy Tail (Switch) - 100% complete
-Carrion (Switch)
-Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)
-Skullgirls (Switch) - all story modes
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Steam) - 100% complete
-Hollow Knight (Switch) - just the "normal"/bad ending
-Rivals of Aether (Switch) - all story modes
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Wii)
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)
-Streets of Kamurocho (Steam) - not sure if this counts given how short it is
-Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch)
-Hades (Switch)
-Sam & Max Season 1, episode 1 (Steam)
-Kirby Fighters 2 (Switch)
-No More Heroes (Switch)
-Stinkoman 20X6 (Flash game - they finally added level 10)
-Doom Eternal (Switch) - I double-dipped
-Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Switch)

...I had a lot of free time during the lockdown. (the lockdown started around the time that I beat Link's Awakening)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I haven't really been keeping track of which games I've beaten, but I'll just write down everything that I remember. (if I go with games that I've played, I'll likely be here for a while)

-Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)
-Dragon Quest XI (Switch)
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (Switch)
-Devil May Cry 3 (Switch)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Switch)
-River City Ransom (Switch)
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
-Persona 4 (PS3)
-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (Switch)
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gamecube) - my first time beating it!
-Doom Eternal (Steam)
-Kirby Planet Robobot (3DS) - on the same day as Doom Eternal
-Nier Automata (Steam)
-Donkey Kong Country (Wii)
-River City Girls (Switch)
-Bug Fables (Switch)
-Destroy All Humans! (Steam)
-Fairy Tail (Switch)
-Carrion (Switch)
-Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)
-Skullgirls (Switch) - all story modes
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Steam)
-Hollow Knight (Switch) - just the "normal"/bad ending
-Rivals of Aether (Switch) - all story modes
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Wii)
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U)
-Streets of Kamurocho (Steam) - not sure if this counts given how short it is
-Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch)
-Hades (Switch)
-Sam & Max Season 1, episode 1 (Steam)
-Kirby Fighters 2 (Switch)
-No More Heroes (Switch)
-Stinkoman 20X6 (Flash game - they finally added level 10)
-Doom Eternal (Switch) - I double-dipped
-Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Switch)

...I had a lot of free time during the lockdown. (the lockdown started around the time that I beat Link's Awakening)
I dig the double Doom Eternal not gonna lie.

D

Deleted member

I have my trio of PlatinumNumemon’s trained now... now it’s just the waiting game as I try to get more Memory Up’s and grind to get Alphamon and stuff

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not sure how many people here are fans of the Fate series or another Type Moon work like Melty Blood, but if you have played/heard of Melty Blood, you probably know that it is a sequel to one of Type Moon's earlier and most prominent VNs, Tsukihime. It has been known since 2008 that a Tsukihime remake was in the works.

After over 10 years, they haven't really talked much about the Tsukihime remake... until today:

That's right, we finally have news about the Tsukihime remake! It will be releasing to the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch in Summer 2021!

They even already released a trailer showcasing some of the voice actors/voice actresses for the Tsukihime remake (I need to doublecheck which ones are new and which are returning from Melty Blood). It also features an animated PV by ufotable to promote the remake, with music provided by Aimer!

Some probably know me as a big Fate series fan, but truth be told, Tsukihime (or more specifically, Melty Blood, which is a sequel to that game) was my first exposure to Type Moon, and that eventually led me to discovering the Fate franchise. Thus, you can imagine that seeing this news makes me really happy! It's great to know the Tsukihime remake release date is finally set in stone!

Now that the remake is on the way, it gives me hope we'll see more Tsukihime-related content in the near future, like:
  • A new Melty Blood game (pretty much the whole reason we didn't get a Melty Blood game since Actress Again was because French Bread was waiting for the Tsukihime remake to release)
  • A proper Tsukihime anime adaptation (and since ufotable made that animated PV to promote the remake, it'd be great if they'd be the ones to adapt Tsukihime into an anime).
  • That FGO collaboration with Tsukihime at long last (and in turn, being able to summon Tsukihime characters like Arcueid or Ciel, with Tohno Shiki as a possible welfare servant).
Definitely my most anticipated Switch game of 2021! Will also be cool to see all the new fans this remake will bring!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Mr. Sakurai has released a special New Year's Message!

Translated from Google:

Happy New Year! In this age, I hope you are all in good health.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
British political thing below:

Well my friends or more specifically my fellow members from mainland UK, today will make the start of this so-called "build back better Britain" as the end result of this ****storm known as Brexit.

Or more to foster the egos of those in London who actually don't care about the people in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast. **** day.
Still wished Brexit never happened in the first place.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So with my main focus going to be Persona 5 Royal, think I might do a sort of year in review personally here. Going to tag Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 @Bakugan2556 and @JDCabrera as I kinda see you guys as some of the ones I'm closest to on here. Feel a bit selfish tagging you guys but that's kinda me, something I hope to improve on for next year.

My year in review:
This has probably been one of the worst years of my life so far.

- Pandemic crashed my confidence and plans to get stuff like my focus and routine back. My plans for going to the library all the time and getting a proper diet messed it all up.

- Had my laptop and PS4 fail me.

- My anxiety symptoms and going to the hospital every week and thus being on meds was a road that happened to me and another blow to confidence. Feel like **** all the time and feel emotionless all the time

- Political crap like Brexit has made me think about my personal identity and strengthened my long held beliefs about how I can see a future for humanity as a whole that can win.

- Losing one of the main pillars of emotional support completely in the form of my siblings.

- All the covidiots and panic buying made me lose a bit of faith in humanity.

Despite the ****, there has been some great memories.

- Expanded my interests greatly into writing again and even dipped into drawing as well. My interests of geology and history also came back in full swing.

- Anime and Games have really been amazing this year. Laid-Back Camp, The Outer Worlds, Angel Beats, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal etc have all drove me forward.

- The friends I have made both online and offline I'm so grateful for, especially my best friend IRL and you guys who has helped me grow in all this.

- Revisiting the places in my hometown and over in England have been great to see once again.

- And that day I went to see a film with my best friend just weeks before the pandemic. Proves that guy I owe a lot to for being a good friend. I'd invite him to the forums but his humour is 100x times worse than mine so.......nah.

Well ****lords let 2021 bring it on. And hope you guys can do that year in review thing. Interested.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So with my main focus going to be Persona 5 Royal, think I might do a sort of year in review personally here. Going to tag Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 @Bakugan2556 and @JDCabrera as I kinda see you guys as some of the ones I'm closest to on here. Feel a bit selfish tagging you guys but that's kinda me, something I hope to improve on for next year.

My year in review:
This has probably been one of the worst years of my life so far.

- Pandemic crashed my confidence and plans to get stuff like my focus and routine back. My plans for going to the library all the time and getting a proper diet messed it all up.

- Had my laptop and PS4 fail me.

- My anxiety symptoms and going to the hospital every week and thus being on meds was a road that happened to me and another blow to confidence. Feel like **** all the time and feel emotionless all the time

- Political crap like Brexit has made me think about my personal identity and strengthened my long held beliefs about how I can see a future for humanity as a whole that can win.

- Losing one of the main pillars of emotional support completely in the form of my siblings.

- All the covidiots and panic buying made me lose a bit of faith in humanity.

Despite the ****, there has been some great memories.

- Expanded my interests greatly into writing again and even dipped into drawing as well. My interests of geology and history also came back in full swing.

- Anime and Games have really been amazing this year. Laid-Back Camp, The Outer Worlds, Angel Beats, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal etc have all drove me forward.

- The friends I have made both online and offline I'm so grateful for, especially my best friend IRL and you guys who has helped me grow in all this.

- Revisiting the places in my hometown and over in England have been great to see once again.

- And that day I went to see a film with my best friend just weeks before the pandemic. Proves that guy I owe a lot to for being a good friend. I'd invite him to the forums but his humour is 100x times worse than mine so.......nah.

Well ****lords let 2021 bring it on. And hope you guys can do that year in review thing. Interested.
  • COVID. **** COVID.
  • Persistent car problems like the brakes giving out and the motor
  • New neighbors who let their pit bulls roam around and blast their terrible music
  • Dealing with idiots who don't know how to wear masks and follow guidelines
  • Occasional bouts of anxiety and depression

• I'm still fortunate enough to have a job during the pandemic
  • Talking with you guys did a lot to raise my spirits during it all and I hope to continue getting along with everyone here
  • Deepened my bonds with my siblings and made a few friends IRL
  • Video games were pretty good this year, with Xenoblade and Persona 5 Royal being highlights for me
  • Watched a few anime that I thought were great and I'm even a really big fan of one of them now

Typing on mobile is a pain and I'm not really interested in putting all my business out there right now, so yeah.

Dutch Raikuna

And found the best Happy New Year artwork so far.

EqjhcvXVEAET39f.jpg

One of my most anticipated things next year. At long last, a resurgence of one of the best games Square has ever made.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've reached the episode 20 mark in FMA Brotherhood.

Lust was ejected. 6 imposters remain.
And I must say, it's just as brilliant and wonderful as I remember <3

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I decided to run a tournament bracket to figure out what my favorite game this year was.
1609436320206.png

going into this, i was really expecting Galaxy to beat Black 2, but i guess not.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
2020 has certainly been a very difficult and challenging year for me and I am sure, I am not the only one who is alone on this. Sure there are many things that I have lost and there are some things that made me reflect more on my life.

On a positive note, I had learned a number of new things such as taking drawing and art as my new hobby. In addition, I also have Disney+ which really helped me and my family endure this difficult time of the year.

As Tony Stark once said during EndGame:

"Everybody wants a happy ending. Right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing. God, what a world."

In addition, you may have seen this posted on my signature which is an inspiring quote from Ip Man 2:

"Though people have different status in life, everybody's dignity is the same. I hope that from this moment on, we can start to respect each other.”

This is something that I do hope everyone will acknowledge as I do feel that we all share the same goal which is to fight against the coronavirus, not using to cause division amongst others.

Lastly to conclude, to everyone who is on the Smashboards forums, "As the chapter of 2020 comes to a close, a new chapter begins. I like to wish you all a Happy New Year and may 2021 bring you hope, health, happiness and prosperity!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom