• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, they buffed Sonic, ness, and Pika.

Hooray....
Honestly one of my many pet peeves when it comes to patch culture is how people complain with top tiers get quality of life changes.

Just because Pikachu is already a top/high tier doesn't mean his Fair should randomly not work right.

Last edited:

Evanosha

Smash Rookie
Still think that Steve completely renewed the hype and buzz for this game, especially after the Byleth and Min Min duds

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just because Pikachu is already a top/high tier doesn't mean his Fair should randomly not work right.
I agree, but at least take down Pika's annoying overpowered tools and gimmicks while you're fixing what's wrong with him.

D

Deleted member

Oh, the Creeper Spirit Battle turned out to be something I didn't expect at all.

Kudos to the devs for the creativity.

D

Deleted member

Very off topic right now but holy hell how did I not realize this
bakugan-game.jpg

bakugan-game (1).jpg

Looks a bit different than usual but that's (most likely) Omega Leonidas from the Wii and DS Bakugan games!(aka the only ones that actually had you playing the Bakugan game)

For comparison:
d094ec244fb753be6238f855e7675c14.png

Would be a interesting throwback to the old games. A shame that Bakugan 2020 is looking to be mediocre at best because Bakugan DS in particular is super nostalgic for me.

D

Deleted member

Wow, that was a ride. It was very easy for the most part, but once when I got the Endermen, I started to struggle. Then the final battle, and oh boy, that was difficult. That made me use three tickets. I got a 9.8, which is pretty neat.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The hell is wrong with this game. 0/10
Villager is represented by Villager in his classic mode.

Anyway, about Steve's codename: Do Japanese Minecraft players call Creepers pickles? Does Sakurai's favorite mod add them?

D

Deleted member

For Steve's victory jingle, they use the sound that plays when you get a challenge advancement.

That is very nice! They are so faithful to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Been watching some people play the minecraft character, and now not sure if I wanna buy them. I'll probably wait, to see how the character can be played.

D

Deleted member

Okay, I know all of Steve's victory animations.

In one victory animation, he builds a house. We know this already.
In the second victory animation, he eats a steak.
In the third animation, a creeper explodes, and Steve falls out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Been watching some people play the minecraft character, and now not sure if I wanna buy them. I'll probably wait, to see how the character can be played.
I'm probably not even gonna touch anything from FP2 until everything is revealed so I can make an informed decision on whether or not it's a good idea to buy it.
honestly I'll probably buy it regardless but I would much rather wait than buy now.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm probably not even gonna touch anything from FP2 until everything is revealed so I can make an informed decision on whether or not it's a good idea to buy it.
honestly I'll probably buy it regardless but I would much rather wait than buy now.
Usually I'd feel like getting them quick if I like them. If youre going to get them anyway, why wait? :p

D

Deleted member

Usually I'd feel like getting them quick if I like them. If youre going to get them anyway, why wait? :p
Eh. I'm the opposite. If there's any opportunity to wait or stop to think, that's usually what I'll do, to the point where I often just stop. to think. for hours on end. Especially when I'm wanting to do something risky. I would much rather be fully informed and know exactly what I'm getting into before doing anything or buying stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Eh. I'm the opposite. If there's any opportunity to wait or stop to think, that's usually what I'll do, to the point where I often just stop. to think. for hours on end. I would much rather be fully informed and know exactly what I'm getting into before doing anything or buying stuff.
Heh, well playing with the character will get you an idea for how You feel about it and like it, not others' opinions, so to me it's better to try them out yourself. That said, I can still look at gameplay and tell if I'll like some parts. So far I'm not finding them fun enough to buy, but i'll give it more time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are my thoughts on Steve in terms of viability.

This character has crazy potential. The minecart, the blocks, the TNT, the diamond tools, and many more!

Steve's weakness in my opinion are fast characters that can pressure Steve easily. What I mean is characters that make Steve have a very difficult time to mine. Will Will put it better than me.

However, if Steve has diamond tools, then he isn't anything to laugh at.

Steve isn't top tier at all, but he has some wicked potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom