• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Man. We really aren’t getting a mid-year direct aren’t we.
It doesn't seem like we'll be getting any first party announcements, though between Xenoblade 3 in July, Splatoon 3 in September, and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in November, I feel like Nintendo has the back half of the year covered pretty well anyway.

Though it would be nice if we got smaller releases (especially ones that aren't RPGs - I like RPGs, but I also like ice cream and I wouldn't want to eat that all the time), or a Bayonetta 3 release date - I understand the nervousness of announcing a release date for the Advance Wars remake, even if it kind of seems like a bit much to delay an already-finished game indefinitely.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hilda casually confirming that she loves and cares for Marianne more than her own brother…oof to Holst

good on Fire Emblem for making sure that’s the best friendship to come out of the entirety of Three Houses/Three Hopes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't seem like we'll be getting any first party announcements, though between Xenoblade 3 in July, Splatoon 3 in September, and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in November, I feel like Nintendo has the back half of the year covered pretty well anyway.

Though it would be nice if we got smaller releases, or a Bayonetta 3 release date - I understand the nervousness of announcing a release date for the Advance Wars remake.
Anime, Multiplayer, Open World. Not a kong, tank, witch or other ip i wish was back in sight. So it goes.
See you in September.
It's weird, isn't it. The existence of these directs doesn't change weather or not the games exist. But it's like the more often directs happen the more chances my brain thinks there are for announcements. Even if more frequent directs would be akin to basically progress reports. I just want to see more of what I want.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably not but thie partner direct was not shabby at all.
for a partner direct. though i'm worried about how much they're changing pac-man world. not just removing the original pac-family but i've heard that a lot of other things have been changed from the bosses to the mechanics.

Persona and Nier were nice ports. News on Sparks of Hope was nice and it made Edge into my next favorite Mario character (I want her in Smash now).

But overall.... i just want to feel like the weels are finally turning on the machines i want moving. They've been neglected and under-maintained for far too long.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anime, Multiplayer, Open World. Not a kong, tank, witch or other ip i wish was back in sight. So it goes.

It's weird, isn't it. The existence of these directs doesn't change weather or not the games exist. But it's like the more often directs happen the more chances my brain thinks there are for announcements. Even if more frequent directs would be akin to basically progress reports. I just want to see more of what I want.
You’ll live.
Freedom Planet
More like this game shouldn’t BE on this planet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You’ll live.

More like this game shouldn’t BE on this planet.
You're just sick of this aren't you.

Frankly, while the world is falling apart around me due to forces I can't control, it's nice to vent about video games just to feel something other then abject terror every second of the day.

I'd hide in a barrel, but the barrel was probably made with wage theft and worker exploitation so i can't.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're just sick of this aren't you.

Frankly, while the world is falling apart around me due to forces I can't control, it's nice to vent about video games just to feel something other then abject terror every second of the day.

I'd hide in a barrel, but the barrel was probably made with wage theft and worker exploitation so i can't.
Not really. I just like snarking at you.

It’s one of life’s simple joys.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man. We really aren’t getting a mid-year direct aren’t we.
Buddy, i'm in full Battle network mood BECAUSE of the mid year direct. lol

Although i'm just now realizing that the direct lied to usaying the games featured were coming this year but the thing i'm most excited for doesn't launch til 2023.

Noipoi

Howdy!
why is everyone treating the mini like it was an actual direct?
Because it had substantial content that made a lot of people happy. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters.

Nintendo’s 2022 is all laid out, it isn’t entirely necessary to drop even more trailers for the same batch of games at this time.

In September they can have some sort of final update for games like Splatoon, Sparks of Hope, and Scarlet/Violet. While also announcing things for next year.

They must’ve felt a full direct in June would be redundant.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Jesus Christ why did Square spend so much time animating a cutscene that's just an Orginization member walking? **** lasts like 5 minutes
I get the purpose of this scene but jesus christ they didn't need Xemnas walking down the stair, just showing him walking into the room was good enough.

why is everyone treating the mini like it was an actual direct?
It had Battle Network, it's better than any longer direct could have given me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
they really made Claude a bit of an Edelgard lite…but more reckless…and has no issues with killing without much of a reason…and his arc is so far just an extension of what Edelgard has in general…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom