• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, here’s a good story. The comic book store I started working at yesterday closes at about 8:00 PM. They began turning all the lights off, and I went to use the restroom before I left. Upon exiting the restroom… HE was waiting for me: A giant, life-sized statue of Batman, shrouded in darkness, RIGHT next to the door. It was so dark I couldn’t make out any of his features. Only his iconic silhouette was was visible. … I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE.
It's a good thing you went to the toilet firdt then or else you'd have been scared ****less lmao

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Another Atari compilation, this time by Digital Eclipse instead of ATGames.

Also includes interviews, archive photos, and 6 new games (one of which is Swordquest Airworld, finally giving the series closure).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  • So Kamala does indeed head to Karachi with her mother to meet her grandmother and finally the Red Dagger made his entrance within the episode.
  • Nice to see that the banter between Kamala and the Red Dagger in which one mentioned the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles whilst the other mentioned Donkey Kong.
  • At least this isn't the last we see of the "Supermax Prison" where Damage Control held the "Clemdestines" for a brief moment in which this will be seen within the upcoming "She-Hulk: Attorney at Law."
  • I predict that the Karachi train might lead to the portal to the Clemdestines realm which is where I believe will be Kamala's next location.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I thought folks were getting tired of the Minions and the 2015 film especially wasn't that liked?

Unless this is the new Morbius?

#MinionsSweep
The Minions movie and Despicable Me 3 sold over 1 Billion in the box office. It's safe to say that Minions are still very popular with general audiences.

Also, yeah Minions may unironically sweep the box office. It's a juggernaut

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's just regardless of the money this franchise had made. I've just come across those who has grown tired of the minions themselves, notably some folks here.

Regardless predicting this film is gonna be in the top ten by the end of this year.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's just regardless of the money this franchise had made. I've just come across those who has grown tired of the minions themselves, notably some folks here.
Do note that the internet (including this thread) got hella animation snobs while the main audience for Minions are children who just simply wanna be entertained, and the kids outnumber them by like 100 per animation critic.

But yeah, I agree that it'll probably be top 10. My guess is Top 4 at the least.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why just Pac-Man World 1 and not the whole Trilogy? They did Klonoa in a collection, that's also a Namco series. I don't get it.
I mean the World Series not counting Rally are three games instead of the two for Klonoa. They’re probably just testing the waters to see how well this does. From what I heard World 2 didn’t do well financially in Japan and World 3 was pretty mixed and that one didn’t even get released in Japan.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I enjoyed the first mario + rabbids but the vibes of the second one are throwing me off. Nothing shown has seen bad I'm just getting weird vibes from it.

I blame Ubisoft for being Ubisoft.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
would you consider One Piece as the japanese equivalent to Spongebob SquarePants?
  • Started in 1999, and became long-runners ( ✓ )
  • Happy-go-lucky protagonist ( ✓ )
  • Sea/Water Thematic ( ✓ )

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
HEY PAISANOS!

My order for the complete series of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!" on DVD has arrived in the mail today!

I'm now waiting for my orders for "The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3" and "Super Mario World" DVD's to arrive.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Two things I want to see in Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope:
  • Bring back Bwario, Bwaluigi, and Lava Queen
  • Bring back 2 player versus but add online support this time

Otherwise, this game looks amazing!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So glad Portal is on Switch but man we are missing the best feature:

1. JK Simmons is still brilliant as Cave.
2. This was one of the best level editors I've seen in games. Wish it was in the Switch version.
“Cave Johnson here. Our Perpetual Testing Initiative is only available on computers and not consoles. The lab boys said people would really like this instead of a combustable melon launcher, so I fired the lab boys and built the melon launcher anyways. Now, back to testing.”

Edit: If I had to guess the Switch is running an older version of Portal 2, evidenced by people discovering a beta level in the code.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m enjoying Byleth struggling to express emotions using facial expressions, but is able to do so every other way

…tho it kinda makes Three Houses Leonie appear more like a ***** in the supports than expected

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Noipoi

Howdy!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Edit: If I had to guess the Switch is running an older version of Portal 2, evidenced by people discovering a beta level in the code
It's also possible they think custom levels would be too laggy on consoles. Valve has to optimize their maps for them, custom mapmakers don't.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I have to admit, Aladdin and Shantae are some of the series I stuck with that have a representation of the Arabian/Middle East feel.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Say, someone received the latest information of Gameinformer recently where Sonic Frontiers would be talked about. Here are the main points from it.

• Controls were complemented multiple times. "Smooth and fast but not unwieldy", "Jumping is precise". "Speedy by controlled".
  • The game starts with a cyber space level based on Green Hill Zone. You reach the open world afterwards.
  • The cyber space levels are number. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The first one worked as a tutorial and was done in "less than a minute".
  • 1-2 is "Unleashed inspired". 1-3 is "metropolitan" - probably the one from the trailer ? -. Other levels are inspired by Green Hill (again) and Chemical Plant.
  • Sonic Team listened to the criticism of the past few games being too short and think that Frontiers is a significant improvement in this regard.
  • No mention of other islands in the preview, but they found Kronos Island to be quiet large. " Quell any concerns I had that Sonic would be able to speed across too quickly".
  • The main loop is getting Portal Gears by defeating bosses => Using them to unlock Cyber Space levels => getting Vault Keys by finishing the Cyber Space level different challenges => Using them to unlock vaults containing the Chaos Emeralds.
  • You can increase Sonic's strength and defense by collecting seed and giving them to the Hermit Koco. You can increase his top speed and ring limit by returning lost Kocos to the Elder Kocos. You can fast travel to them once you've met them.
  • Big is in the game. Teaches you a fishing mini game.
  • Amy gives you quests when you hit different milestones in collecting her hearts. They center on helping Kocos. One they found especially difficult included leading several lost Kocos back to their mother while avoiding explosions.
  • They enjoyed the boss fights variety. The Flyer boss fight was one of their favorite moments in the game.
  • "Shows more potential than I can recall for any 3D Sonic game".

What do you all think?

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Say, someone received the latest information of Gameinformer recently where Sonic Frontiers would be talked about. Here are the main points from it.

• Controls were complemented multiple times. "Smooth and fast but not unwieldy", "Jumping is precise". "Speedy by controlled".
  • The game starts with a cyber space level based on Green Hill Zone. You reach the open world afterwards.
  • The cyber space levels are number. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The first one worked as a tutorial and was done in "less than a minute".
  • 1-2 is "Unleashed inspired". 1-3 is "metropolitan" - probably the one from the trailer ? -. Other levels are inspired by Green Hill (again) and Chemical Plant.
  • Sonic Team listened to the criticism of the past few games being too short and think that Frontiers is a significant improvement in this regard.
  • No mention of other islands in the preview, but they found Kronos Island to be quiet large. " Quell any concerns I had that Sonic would be able to speed across too quickly".
  • The main loop is getting Portal Gears by defeating bosses => Using them to unlock Cyber Space levels => getting Vault Keys by finishing the Cyber Space level different challenges => Using them to unlock vaults containing the Chaos Emeralds.
  • You can increase Sonic's strength and defense by collecting seed and giving them to the Hermit Koco. You can increase his top speed and ring limit by returning lost Kocos to the Elder Kocos. You can fast travel to them once you've met them.
  • Big is in the game. Teaches you a fishing mini game.
  • Amy gives you quests when you hit different milestones in collecting her hearts. They center on helping Kocos. One they found especially difficult included leading several lost Kocos back to their mother while avoiding explosions.
  • They enjoyed the boss fights variety. The Flyer boss fight was one of their favorite moments in the game.
  • "Shows more potential than I can recall for any 3D Sonic game".

What do you all think?
As a semi-casual Sonic fan, that sounds fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom