• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Say, someone received the latest information of Gameinformer recently where Sonic Frontiers would be talked about. Here are the main points from it.

• Controls were complemented multiple times. "Smooth and fast but not unwieldy", "Jumping is precise". "Speedy by controlled".
  • The game starts with a cyber space level based on Green Hill Zone. You reach the open world afterwards.
  • The cyber space levels are number. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The first one worked as a tutorial and was done in "less than a minute".
  • 1-2 is "Unleashed inspired". 1-3 is "metropolitan" - probably the one from the trailer ? -. Other levels are inspired by Green Hill (again) and Chemical Plant.
  • Sonic Team listened to the criticism of the past few games being too short and think that Frontiers is a significant improvement in this regard.
  • No mention of other islands in the preview, but they found Kronos Island to be quiet large. " Quell any concerns I had that Sonic would be able to speed across too quickly".
  • The main loop is getting Portal Gears by defeating bosses => Using them to unlock Cyber Space levels => getting Vault Keys by finishing the Cyber Space level different challenges => Using them to unlock vaults containing the Chaos Emeralds.
  • You can increase Sonic's strength and defense by collecting seed and giving them to the Hermit Koco. You can increase his top speed and ring limit by returning lost Kocos to the Elder Kocos. You can fast travel to them once you've met them.
  • Big is in the game. Teaches you a fishing mini game.
  • Amy gives you quests when you hit different milestones in collecting her hearts. They center on helping Kocos. One they found especially difficult included leading several lost Kocos back to their mother while avoiding explosions.
  • They enjoyed the boss fights variety. The Flyer boss fight was one of their favorite moments in the game.
  • "Shows more potential than I can recall for any 3D Sonic game".

What do you all think?
Sounds promising but why can't we go a game without Green Hill or Chemical Plant, seriously

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Say, someone received the latest information of Gameinformer recently where Sonic Frontiers would be talked about. Here are the main points from it.

• Controls were complemented multiple times. "Smooth and fast but not unwieldy", "Jumping is precise". "Speedy by controlled".
  • The game starts with a cyber space level based on Green Hill Zone. You reach the open world afterwards.
  • The cyber space levels are number. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc. The first one worked as a tutorial and was done in "less than a minute".
  • 1-2 is "Unleashed inspired". 1-3 is "metropolitan" - probably the one from the trailer ? -. Other levels are inspired by Green Hill (again) and Chemical Plant.
  • Sonic Team listened to the criticism of the past few games being too short and think that Frontiers is a significant improvement in this regard.
  • No mention of other islands in the preview, but they found Kronos Island to be quiet large. " Quell any concerns I had that Sonic would be able to speed across too quickly".
  • The main loop is getting Portal Gears by defeating bosses => Using them to unlock Cyber Space levels => getting Vault Keys by finishing the Cyber Space level different challenges => Using them to unlock vaults containing the Chaos Emeralds.
  • You can increase Sonic's strength and defense by collecting seed and giving them to the Hermit Koco. You can increase his top speed and ring limit by returning lost Kocos to the Elder Kocos. You can fast travel to them once you've met them.
  • Amy gives you quests when you hit different milestones in collecting her hearts. They center on helping Kocos. One they found especially difficult included leading several lost Kocos back to their mother while avoiding explosions.
  • They enjoyed the boss fights variety. The Flyer boss fight was one of their favorite moments in the game.

What do you all think?
-
Amy

based

- Big FISHING MINIGAME

GAME IS GOATED

I WILL HEAR NO SLANDER

Noipoi

Howdy!

What do you all think?
I know.

I know it sounds impossible.

I know the very thought is almost laughable.

But-

Could this-

Could this truly be-

Sonic Kino?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean the World Series not counting Rally are three games instead of the two for Klonoa. They’re probably just testing the waters to see how well this does. From what I heard World 2 didn’t do well financially in Japan and World 3 was pretty mixed and that one didn’t even get released in Japan.
I mean fair. But still, like... I want to play all 3. But I don't want to play the original gamecube versions if they're going to get remade. But we don't know if they're going to get remade or not. So like.... i'm conflicted. Do I buy the remake and then play the original 2 and 3? What if they get remade later? What if as soon as I'm done playing 2 and/or 3 they announce remakes. Then I have to play it all over again. I just... I don't understand and really wish they had done a trilogy collection.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean fair. But still, like... I want to play all 3. But I don't want to play the original gamecube versions if they're going to get remade. But we don't know if they're going to get remade or not. So like.... i'm conflicted. Do I buy the remake and then play the original 2 and 3? What if they get remade later? What if as soon as I'm done playing 2 and/or 3 they announce remakes. Then I have to play it all over again. I just... I don't understand and really wish they had done a trilogy collection.
Your mom’s a trilogy collection.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

HOLY **** IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

"The developers would like to gratefully acknowledge the original true believer, Avi Arad, whose vision led the way to bringing the Pac back to your consoles"

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Welp, XC3 SE pre-orders are going up tomorrow and once again Nintendo won't give us a time frame of when it will actually be available. Guess I'm expected to watch the site all day.

Dwe8DEuVYAI8X3W.jpeg

Really hate this company sometimes

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
almost done with Scarlet Blaze…hoping I did certain things right for additional content

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

THE MORB IS BAAAAACK~

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I hope Frontiers is good like I hope every Sonic game is good. But I don't have faith yet that the Sonic cycle of "this one could be good!" -> "it's out!" -> "it's alright" -> "well, it has problems" -> "oh, a new Sonic, this one could be good!" -> "yeah that last one wasn't great" will be broken this time. We'll see.

But Sonic is due his one pretty good game per decade (Mania aside) so maybe this will be it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What's Xenoblade 3 even about? I haven't been paying attention to the marketing since I don't plan on buying the game but I'm still kinda curious

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

What do you all think?
Oh boy I can’t wait to collect all 2 billion korok seeds as Sonic.

Pretty good details this, has me optimistic that this could be pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom