• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Fr wish this fandom wasn't chock full of them.

Anyways, remember Tobais's Action Replay cheating ass? How didn't he make the top 8? I bet he has 5 Arceus and a Mega Rayquaza at this point.
Tobias's new team

Darkrai
Mega Latios
Urshifu-Rapid Strike
Heatran
Toxapex
Landorus T

(He's at 1300 on the Natdex OU leaderboard)

Our History class showed us a video about John D Rockefeller and we freaked out when Donald Trump just randomly popped up and started explaining investment decisions under the title of "Real Estate Mogul"
The Men who built America, right? I remember watching that a few years back and dying of laughter seeing Trump, and then I had to watch it again this year. I forgot about him being there and the Trumpscare got me again.

Edit: I didn't even see Pokelego's post how did we agree on the Trumpscare

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is the anomaly known as a "Donald Trumpscare"
It's crazy because had he not become a president then it would just be the dude from The Apprentice doing a cameo.

It's like the equivalent of Snoop Dogg becoming the president and you decide to watch literally anything but all of a sudden President Snoop Dogg walks on set for no reason.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whenever a new generation is about to drop, I like to do a run through of the current one. Just cuz I’m cheesy like that.

Boutta start a Sw/Sh playthrough, seeing as how we’re about a month out from the Gen 9 news really starting.

After playing Legends, I wonder how I’ll feel going through the game again.

Shroob

Sup?
Be 14 year old me
Finish watching an episode of Kimpossible on Disney Channel
The credits roll
The channel announcer comes on
"Be sure to check out a feature length presentation as the Mario Brothers fight that mean old Bowser tonight at 8pm!"
Remember there was a Super Mario cartoon I had seen briefly via syndication years back
Build the rest of my day around catching this movie
It comes on
It's the live action movie

It was on that day, that I learned the true meaning of the word
Despair

Noipoi

Howdy!
Be 14 year old me
Finish watching an episode of Kimpossible on Disney Channel
The credits roll
The channel announcer comes on

"Be sure to check out a feature length presentation as the Mario Brothers fight that mean old Bowser tonight at 8pm!"
Remember there was a Super Mario cartoon I had seen briefly via syndication years back
Build the rest of my day around catching this movie
It comes on
It's the live action movie

It was on that day, that I learned the true meaning of the word
Despair
Your enthusiasm Bob-Bombed.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Whenever a new generation is about to drop, I like to do a run through of the current one. Just cuz I’m cheesy like that.

Boutta start a Sw/Sh playthrough, seeing as how we’re about a month out from the Gen 9 news really starting.

After playing Legends, I wonder how I’ll feel going through the game again.
Honestly, the modern games, especially Legends, may have ruined the old gens for me.

I tried playing my FRLG randomizer and... yeah it's boring. The randomizer keeps things interesting but Kanto not having much to do, the **** ton of random encounters, and the fact that the game is so slow comoared to Legends is... yeah.

FRLG still good games, but damn did the modern games spoil me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's crazy because had he not become a president then it would just be the dude from The Apprentice doing a cameo.

It's like the equivalent of Snoop Dogg becoming the president and you decide to watch literally anything but all of a sudden President Snoop Dogg walks on set for no reason.
I'm still in shock that the guy from Iron Man 2 bought twitter. It wasn't even Sam Rockwell.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, the modern games, especially Legends, may have ruined the old gens for me.

I tried playing my FRLG randomizer and... yeah it's boring. The randomizer keeps things interesting but Kanto not having much to do, the **** ton of random encounters, and the fact that the game is so slow comoared to Legends is... yeah.

FRLG still good games, but damn did the modern games spoil me.
The thing I love about FRLG is that it's the most modable games in the series. Afaik, most mods are built off of it to the point that most are complete conversion mods.

Hell, I know Touhou Puppet Play uses it as a base but completely redid the map.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sw/Sh helped me get through the isolation of the pandemic for a while, so I really can't look back on the games negatively.

The story could've been better, the entire map could've been more open-world like the what the new games have, but I still enjoyed the game, and that's what matters to me.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The Men who built America, right? I remember watching that a few years back and dying of laughter seeing Trump, and then I had to watch it again this year. I forgot about him being there and the Trumpscare got me again.

Edit: I didn't even see Pokelego's post how did we agree on the Trumpscare
Correct. We were watching the Rockefeller vid.
Also lmao Trumpscare mindset

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just had a shift and my friends unexpectedly came by so I sat down and chatted with them for a bit

I told them about the crush I have on our mutual friend who's taken

It wasn't really a major topic of the conversation (we mostly comforted my other friend/co-worker who is going through some tough times) but I do have 3 friends who know about it now which is nice

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If the next series is another "Ash goes on adventure in new region" type thing, then Galar really kinda got shafted lol

Had to share the spotlight with every other region in the series.
Whilst I do appreciate the idea of exploring other regions where Ash get to meet some of his old friends and rivals, I felt that Journeys was a bit of a wasted opportunity as his character and some of his Pokemon that lacked shine and development which is something that I really missed from the previous Pokemon animated series.

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness made $36m in the domestic box office preview numbers:

Following from the preview numbers, Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness could fetch between $180-220 million within its first three-day domestic run.

In terms of international numbers, it has currently made $85 million so far in which it could possibly fetch at least around the $250+ million mark within its first three days:

If the numbers for both domestic and overseas combined, it will make at least $450 million plus worldwide which should be enough to surpass its break-even budget.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Whilst I do appreciate the idea of exploring other regions where Ash get to meet some of his old friends and rivals, I felt that Journeys was a bit of a wasted opportunity as his character and some of his Pokemon that lacked shine and development which is something that I really missed from the previous Pokemon animated series.
I just hoped that him traveling across all the regions meant Journeys would last longer than previous seasons. This may or may not be for giving Gen 9 more time in the oven.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Following from the preview numbers, Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness could fetch between $180-220 million within its first three-day domestic run.

In terms of international numbers, it has currently made $85 million so far in which it could possibly fetch at least around the $250+ million mark within its first three days:

If the numbers for both domestic and overseas combined, it will make at least $450 million plus worldwide which should be enough to surpass its break-even budget.
ngl I’m kinda wanting to see Strange hit a billion, further making these petty movie bans futile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom