• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Multiverse of Madness really pushes the boundaries of the PG rating and I love that

Black Bolt's brains are leaking out of his nose when Wanda takes away his mouth lmao

I love how hard it leaned into being a Sam Raimi film. The angles, the scene transitions, just the general vibe with stuff like Zombie Strange and the music fight with Bloodborne Strange but that also comes with the main drawback of any Raimi flick and that's the poor writing with female characters.

Bruce Campbell's cameo and post credits scene were amazing and peak Raimi again

Charlize Theron as Clea is excellent casting and I can't wait for more Dormammu. I just hope we actually get mainline Mordo again because he's been waiting 6 years (11 in universe) and counting to show up again.

Get Raimi back for the next one but mitigate that one fatal flaw of his as much as possible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Idk why but I feel like Twitter would tear apart a new Punch Out as being perceived as racist nowadays.
I also have similar concerns if there would be trouble with a new Punch-Out!! game.

But the first 4 games are already on the Switch and nobody has made any drama out of them so I don't truly know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I barely know anything about Iris, and I've never played the game she's from, but she's also stuck out to me as a character. Love the design, love that she's a dragon type trainer, and I think having a friendly rival character go on to be the champion is dope.
My Gen 5 bias may be showing, but anime and game wise she's a top 3 champion. Up there with Leon and Steven as the GOATS.

She's a great character, just don't let dudebros tell you otherwise.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So yeah just watched Dr Strange 2. Some thoughts but first of all:

I watched it in a community cinema and OH MY GOD was it a billion times better than watching in a big branded one with all of the goodies, specials and trailers.
Sometimes simple is best. It usually has less people, old fashioned theatre and no trailers except five minutes of basic ads.

Thoughts................
In a word: Brutal.

It would be far from my favourite film of the MCU (really hard to beat Civil War and Ragnarok IMO) but I came more from the movie annoyed than anything.
"Oh my god its Mr Fantastic and Agent Carter as Captain America................................................oh they are dead. Brutally." A plot thread that should have been put in a What If season 2 instead.

The shock value worked but it did overstay its hand a bit and I did feel Wanda becoming the villain shouldn't have been from the onset. I wouldn't mind seeing Sam Raimi do another MCU film in the future though.

Just was really, really hoping it would have smoothed over from No Way Home more and tied the two but not including Spidey. The transitional plot between films haven't been the greatest.

Music, visuals, introduction (I was like hey, there's that monster I remember from Marvel vs Capcom), end credits were good.

I'd give a 7 out of 10.

Point is to support your local theaters as well folks.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Our History class showed us a video about John D Rockefeller and we freaked out when Donald Trump just randomly popped up and started explaining investment decisions under the title of "Real Estate Mogul"
The guy’s in a lot of old commercials, movies and shows.

It’s always so weird when he pops up, especially when you don’t expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom