• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 son,wtf is your icon
an edit of Naomi (aka Trinity Fatu)
B7094691-F195-437A-9966-78C3C9BA9F7D.png

the edit itself is from 2018 done by another wrestler joking about how she snatched her bald
I think that Green Lantern animated movie looks pretty cool. Glad that DC's branching out their movie characters again, cause I really like the Flash/JSA one.
more importantly…John Stewart
Oh yeah, it's a game that happens to exist

I will play again once they add Jimmy Neutron and some items
Aw man

Why couldn't it be a well written character
cause we live in a world where we finally get to have peak mental Scarlet Witch (early)

Attachments

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Mario Twitter is always fun, don't you like complaining about Coconut Mall for the eighteen hundredth time?
Some people on Mario Twitter when the grass in funny kart game where you barely pay attention to any one spot in great detail for any length of time doesn't have 8K grass textures and you can't see the microorganisms (The devs are lazy!):

What we really need is for Nintendo to:

HIRE THIS MAN

'CAUSE HE'S USING UNREAL ENGINE

IN ANY WAY HE CAN

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some people on Mario Twitter when the grass in funny kart game where you barely pay attention to any one spot in great detail for any length of time doesn't have 8K grass textures and you can't see the microorganisms (The devs are lazy!):

What we really need is for Nintendo to:

HIRE THIS MAN

'CAUSE HE'S USING UNREAL ENGINE

IN ANY WAY HE CAN
This man is a saint.

Using his godly control of the Unreal Engine to try and show Nintendo the light.

To try and show Nintendo how to make REAL games.

Why?

Why won't they just hire him?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
In light of AniPoke news, I'd like to say that I've always liked Iris and do find it funny seeing Pokemon fans still mald over her, especially with her being in the strongest 8.
View attachment 351902
Anyways, look at my GOAT
why would you be upset at her, she's adorable and she uses dragons

which is rad

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
why would you be upset at her, she's adorable and she uses dragons
From my understanding, Pokedudebros hate her because
  1. She kept Ash's immaturity in check... like every other lady companion
  2. Her design is (bear with me here) not as "appealing" as Ash's other companions to them.
  3. Racism
  4. Racism but again
  5. They can't get over Gen 5.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Connection terminated.

I'm sorry to interrupt you MooMew64 MooMew64 , if you still even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed. You are not here to receive a gift, nor have you been called here by the individual you assume. Although you have indeed been called.

You have all been called here. Into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped. Your lust for blood has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber, always seeming so near, yet somehow out of reach.

But you will never find them, none of you will. This is where your story ends.

And to you, @Wademan94, my brave volunteer, who somehow found this job listing not intended for you. Although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling that you are right where you want to be. I am remaining as well, I am nearby.

This place will not be remembered, and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away. As the agony of every tragedy should. And to you monsters trapped in the corridors: Be still and give up your spirits, they don't belong to you.

For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you @duxx , the darkest pit of Hell has opened to swallow you whole, so don't keep the devil waiting, old friend.

My daughter, @Pokelego999, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent. I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up into their arms the way you lifted others into yours. And then, what became of you.

I should have known you wouldn't be content to disappear, not my daughter. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now.

It's time to rest. For you, and for those you have carried in your arms.

This ends for all of us.

End communication.
I have not been on Smashboards for the past few days, I come back, and I am not joking you, this is LITERALLY the first post I see.

Never change, Noi. Never change.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Idk why but I feel like Twitter would tear apart a new Punch Out as being perceived as racist nowadays.
I won't step in for people of other cultures, and tell them how to perceive stereotypes of their people.

But considering the Japanese man is also a big fat stereotype, I always sort of saw it as a goofy representation of the big wide world. I can't recall if any one culture was depicted outright negatively, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, naming the Italian guy Pizza Pasta is stupid. And there's other stuff like that too.

But to me, it always looked like..."Everyone's here, and we're all kinda silly. So let's laugh at ourselves, together."

Though maybe that's just my naivete showing.

Shroob

Sup?
I won't step in for people of other cultures, and tell them how to perceive stereotypes of their people.

But considering the Japanese man is also a big fat stereotype, I always sort of saw it as a goofy representation of the big wide world. I can't recall if any one culture was depicted outright negatively, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

And yeah, naming the Italian guy Pizza Pasta is stupid. And there's other stuff like that too.

But to me, it always looked like..."Everyone's here, and we're all kinda silly. So let's laugh at ourselves, together."

Though maybe that's just my naivete showing.
It's totally that.

But

Social media, etc.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, I watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness! I kinda wish I liked that more, haha. Not a bad film by any means, and I can see a lot of people liking it, it just didn't click with me personally. I really did like a lot about the film, though. Especially how much they push the whole "multiverse" concept.
And I am SHOCKED that Disney let them kill the Illuminati off like that, especially Black Bolt. Holy crap.

And on another note, it's been a while, but we got some Asteria concept art! Haiku was fleshing out fashion in Asteria, and I really love how it turned out, haha.
In light of AniPoke news, I'd like to say that I've always liked Iris and do find it funny seeing Pokemon fans still mald over her, especially with her being in the strongest 8.
View attachment 351902
Anyways, look at my GOAT
I barely know anything about Iris, and I've never played the game she's from, but she's also stuck out to me as a character. Love the design, love that she's a dragon type trainer, and I think having a friendly rival character go on to be the champion is dope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom