• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When I infect other people's subconciousnesses with my special interests:
View attachment 351865
You sick son of a ***** I'll spoil the finale as that was clearly a vision of the future I saw. Your other punishment is that I shall try to do the same to you with my current special interest
Zenkaiger_Poster.jpg

Also cause the romance episode has me headcanon the white one as ace and I think you'd like that

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I swear to god I need to be posting here but IRL is a *****. I want to be here with all of you (well most...........) but having a job and being out at a skatepark or in another town right after daily sucks. And they thought getting me to work from home is a good idea................

_20200614_154009.JPG

"By all means, give me a more decent reason than "not your timezone" to not be able to work in a library that has two hours less than the 9 to 5." I thought.​

On the bright side have went back to my Ichigo pfp so I can hear you Lamperouge Lamperouge and your glorious praises.........................Going to see Dr Strange 2 tonight as well.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I'm off to see the wizard.

Will post some thoughts on the movie once I get back.
Late getting to this because I was ****ing done after the showing and went to bed after getting home.

While it was a very enjoyable movie with breathtaking visual effects and great cinematography courtesy of Sam Raimi, the plot felt very lackluster and the movie didn't really do anything too crazy with the multiverse concept like I hoped it would. Also, the addition of the Illuminati felt like nothing more than cheap fan service as they didn't offer anything substantial to the movie besides shock value when Wanda went ape**** on their asses lol.

Speaking of Wanda, she stole the show despite some wonky character writing and I thought she was genuinely terrifying. I really hope that this isn't actually the last we'll see of her.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really gotta get around to watching the Ultraman series soon being the kaiju fanatic I am.

What makes Ultraman more wholesome is its both a superhero and kaiju series.

When you really think about it to. Ultraman is pretty much the East's answer to Superman who is West. Always found Ultraman more comparable to Superman than say Saitama or Goku.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
On the bright side have went back to my Ichigo pfp so I can hear you Lamperouge Lamperouge and your glorious praises.........................Going to see Dr Strange 2 tonight as well.
Yes, it's still a goodie.

And you've actually made me realize that I haven't used a Zero Two pfp in quite some time. I'm healing Maybe I'll bring it back one of these days.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When it comes to the giant monster/kaiju genre. I've always these King Kong, Godzilla, Gamera and Ultraman to be The Big Four.

What I love about this too is their differing origins which makes them so set apart yet thematic.

Ultraman: Alien hero from another planet
Gamera: Ancient bio-weapon created from advanced ancient civilization
King Kong: Giant ape worshipped as a god from a primeval land
Godzilla: Prehistoric dinosaur mutated as a result of man's arrogance

Dutch Raikuna

Yes, it's still a goodie.

And you've actually made me realize that I haven't used a Zero Two pfp in quite some time. I'm healing Maybe I'll bring it back one of these days.
Yeah you should though I'm still unsure about keeping to Ichigo. Probably will cause of how powerful that ED is on a personal level with me.

Torikago also means Birdcage which is poetic.

I've said it before but her and Zero Two were the best characters of the shows, just Ichigo was the most relatable character to me. I'm seriously gonna consider watching it again depending on the weekend.

Dutch Raikuna

Huh. I forgot it was the general election where I am and the results are today. Moving on...........................................

And thanks to Nintendo a few days back for reminding me this existed:

1651841710501.png

You know, I wouldn't have minded an alternate history where the Game Boy Micro came out in some eco futuristic world as the main gaming thing. I actually adored the design.

Gaming on an HD version of it while bustling from some super futuristic city on an electric train with no ugliness. I want that bro.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I literally had to block some channels on Youtube due to them posting spoiler scenes of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which does make it rather hard to avoid as I have yet to seen it.

Anyways, next month would had been E3 if it had not been cancelled. But with Microsoft/Bethseda setting their date for the presentation, I'd expect Sony and Nintendo to do the same with their own State of Play and Direct presentations in its place.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I literally had to block some channels on Youtube due to them posting spoiler scenes of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which does make it rather hard to avoid as I have yet to seen it.

Anyways, next month would had been E3 if it had not been cancelled. But with Microsoft/Bethseda setting their date for the presentation, I'd expect Sony and Nintendo to do the same with their own State of Play and Direct presentations in its place.
Same thing happened to me with Spider-Man…

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shuma Gorath looks a bit different than I remember

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

1651845795232.png

“I Yoma Es. All-consuming? Desire. Overflowing? Passion. Without an end? Carnality.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Philosophical mythology. The German word for “id”, a technical term in psychoanalytic theory. It refers to one of the three facets of the human psyche, being instinctual components caused by emotional and bodily wants, mainly sexuality and aggressiveness. It is a chaotic force, unbound by morality or logic. A demon born out of this concept would not only hunger for pleasure constantly, but it also has a strong death drive.

Skills: Masukunda, Media, Hama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Herald race.

I’m not sure what possessed the people at ATLUS to make id of all things a demon and give it such a psychedelic design. On the plus side, it really is a creative idea to make the instinctive side of the mind and make it a plant that strongly resembles neurons. The heart-shaped fruit with an eye is also a smart choice to represent emotion without thought. Supposedly, id is the darkest side of the mind so this is why Es is always grouped together with cursed trees.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario Twitter is always fun, don't you like complaining about Coconut Mall for the eighteen hundredth time?
Coconut Mall should never leave Mario Kart ever again. The greatest track in the entire franchise
Watched Doctor Strange 2 last night. Great directing and cinematography, but
I hated how the writing/script handled Wanda.
at least she didn’t go full Disassembled and House of M with her murder spree
Late getting to this because I was ****ing done after the showing and went to bed after getting home.

While it was a very enjoyable movie with breathtaking visual effects and great cinematography courtesy of Sam Raimi, the plot felt very lackluster and the movie didn't really do anything too crazy with the multiverse concept like I hoped it would. Also, the addition of the Illuminati felt like nothing more than cheap fan service as they didn't offer anything substantial to the movie besides shock value when Wanda went ape**** on their asses lol.

Speaking of Wanda, she stole the show despite some wonky character writing and I thought she was genuinely terrifying. I really hope that this isn't actually the last we'll see of her.
MoM was meant to release before No way Home, so that may have played a couple problems…for a good part of the plot at least. Thr Illuminati stuff was just to make Wanda ****ed up, but less so than her 616 counterpart…but at least we know who shall get to play Reed in the future, and we got to see a bit of a Peggy outside of her normal MCU and What If counterparts…and they made the Inhumans the coolest they’ve looked in the years since the show tarnished their reputation…

but at the same time we didnt get to see Wanda kill normal MCU’s “aye bruh Im good with crippling a dude” Mordo, which was meant to have been an important key point of sorts (guess he gets to live another day)
Spoiler for Multiverse of Madness:

I can't believe they got Benedict Cumberbatch in the movie. Insane!
from What If to No Way Home to Multiverse of Madness, Benedict got to get multiple bags just to play multiple Stranges. Good ****

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shuma Gorath looks a bit different than I remember

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Yoma race:

View attachment 351874

“I Yoma Es. All-consuming? Desire. Overflowing? Passion. Without an end? Carnality.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Philosophical mythology. The German word for “id”, a technical term in psychoanalytic theory. It refers to one of the three facets of the human psyche, being instinctual components caused by emotional and bodily wants, mainly sexuality and aggressiveness. It is a chaotic force, unbound by morality or logic. A demon born out of this concept would not only hunger for pleasure constantly, but it also has a strong death drive.

Skills: Masukunda, Media, Hama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Herald race.

I’m not sure what possessed the people at ATLUS to make id of all things a demon and give it such a psychedelic design. On the plus side, it really is a creative idea to make the instinctive side of the mind and make it a plant that strongly resembles neurons. The heart-shaped fruit with an eye is also a smart choice to represent emotion without thought. Supposedly, id is the darkest side of the mind so this is why Es is always grouped together with cursed trees.
That's the tree from Yoshi's story

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me who's intrigued by Percy Jackson and also hasn't read amy of the books.

Watched the 1st movie though.
They are good children's books.

They also have a sort of extended universe with book series that focus on other mythologies, which can be read on their own and arguably have better writing as the author matures as a writer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Looks like The Batman will be surpassed then.

Still predicting though it'll be in the top ten highest-grossing films by the end of the year never the less.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think that Green Lantern animated movie looks pretty cool. Glad that DC's branching out their movie characters again, cause I really like the Flash/JSA one.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
These are canonically the strongest Pokémon trainers now:

Noipoi

Howdy!
These are canonically the strongest Pokémon trainers now:
If the next series is another "Ash goes on adventure in new region" type thing, then Galar really kinda got shafted lol

Had to share the spotlight with every other region in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom