• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
No no, according to uptight nerds, the scoring system is
100- Great
99-90 Good
89-80 Meh
79 and below- unwatchable trash
This is the thing I'll never understand when it comes to reviews, they often have weird evaluations to determine what is good or bad.

Either ways, I still believe it is better to go watch the film for yourself to decide whether it is good or not.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, there are people I value their opinions when it comes to movie scores but comic book movie fans are not them.

Not saying Multiverse of Madness is good or bad but there are low-rated MCU movies that I adore and vice versa.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
No no, according to uptight nerds, the scoring system is
100- Great
99-90 Good
89-80 Meh
79 and below- unwatchable trash
This is the thing I'll never understand when it comes to reviews, they often have weird evaluations to determine what is good or bad.

Either ways, I still believe it is better to go watch the film for yourself to decide whether it is good or not.
This is why I'd rather prefer things to be rated on a scale of 1-5. 3/5 is more likely to make people think a product is average than 6/10 or 60/100.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ve been hit with the same spoiler for MoM countless times on YouTube…I really need that company to stop letting spoilers be uploaded online, or at least needs to be kept off of the recommendations

osby

Smash Obsessed
What a harmless, cute little lamb

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Vile race:

1651760919428.png

“I’m Vile Taotie. I might not look like much, but I'm scary when I'm mad.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Chinese mythology. One of the four evil creatures of the world, whose name means “legendary voracious beast”. It is a hideous, gluttonous fiend that devours humans but as it has no body, it can’t swallow them, only harming them in the process. Due to the fear of it, humans used to depict its face in various bronze tools, particularly cauldrons. Metaphorically, it represents the harm greedy people cause to themselves.

Skills: Megido, Life Drain, Mudo, Makajam

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

Taotie always creeps me out. Be it the creepy grin or the fact that it looks like a possessed plushie, something about it gets on my nerves. Even its skill set is scary, usually being one of the first demons that hit you with almighty spells, with magic draining moves to support it. There are few commonly agreed-upon descriptions of Taotie so it’s hard to say how it’s supposed to look but I think it does a great job at conveying an evil animal that represents a metaphysical flaw.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
God damn stupid ass mother*ing employers ****ing ghosted me again. Not even a call back. Man * life, it sucks. Im so ****ing done
god that's like the worst part about job hunting

I've had way too many times where I get to the interview stage and they just... never follow up not even a letter of "hey sorry you don't fit for the role toodles"

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Moon knight finale out of context:
View attachment 351831
1/5, worst taxi service ever. My cabbey threw away my wheelchair once I entered the cab, and there was another person in the car already (he is my former boss, and we left on poor terms, making the situation worse). My Taxi driver only spoke Spanish, very poor look. To make it even worse, he shot me three times, killing me and my god instantly. I do not recommend Mister Lockley's service, do not.

Reactions: Z25

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Going to see Doctor Strange 2 in about an hour.

Not expecting much from it though, as it is getting mixed reception.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Excited for Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series in July.

Plan to play the two Game Boy Advance games on my Wii U along with that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1/5, worst taxi service ever. My cabbey threw away my wheelchair once I entered the cab, and there was another person in the car already (he is my former boss, and we left on poor terms, making the situation worse). My Taxi driver only spoke Spanish, very poor look. To make it even worse, he shot me three times, killing me and my god instantly. I do not recommend Mister Lockley's service, do not.
I’d love to rely on this guy to take me places

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
god that's like the worst part about job hunting

I've had way too many times where I get to the interview stage and they just... never follow up not even a letter of "hey sorry you don't fit for the role toodles"
Liie, what the point anymore? No one wants me so i might as well just give up

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Going to see Doctor Strange 2 in about an hour.

Not expecting much from it though, as it is getting mixed reception.
Is it? It’s been generally positive from what I’ve seen. I think it has like an 80 on RT.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Is it? It’s been generally positive from what I’ve seen. I think it has like an 80 on RT.
I have watched Doctor Strange 2

I'm very mixed on it, will write my full thoughts when I get back home
I was making a jab at a post from earlier when I said reception was mixed but the timing of this post is really funny.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eh, the way I look at it, the more you try the more likely it is you'll get a bite.
Thats easy for someoen with a job to say. Ive been trying and have either been ignored or ignored after interviews. Its absolutly criminal how ****ing stupid this **** is

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cinema respecting Cinema
Oh, I wasn't on yesterday but happy belated birthday TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
can I keep you as a birthday gift?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I'm off to see the wizard.

Will post some thoughts on the movie once I get back.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been listening to a bit of the Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness soundtrack and this particular track by Danny Elfman is my favourite:

Danny Elfman also composed the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films. I am loving the horror elements implemented in the track that also reminded me a bit of Raimi's Spider-Man's tracks.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Aight.

Professor Weird review time. I'm only gonna say this once and it should be pretty obvious, but this review contains massive spoilers for the movie itself, so read at your own risk.

So like I said before, I'm very mixed on this movie.

I'll start with the positives: the visual effects were great and enhanced the movie greatly. For example, Zombie Strange was the coolest **** ever despite being super cheesy. It definitely feels like a Sam Raimi movie thanks to its unique visual identity, as it uses transitions and visual effects that the MCU doesn't normally use under most directors.

Also the segment on the first alternate universe was cool as ****. Mordo being Strange's best friend in that universe was a great twist and it was great to see the rest of the illuminati as well, especially Mister Fantastic and Professor X. The scene where Wanda went and brutally murdered all of them was my favorite scene in the movie.

But now for the negatives: The writing sucked. Like I genuinely didn't care about a single one of these characters, but I want to highlight Strange and Wanda in particular since they both represent extreme ends of the "bad writing" scale.

Strange is a character that shines best as a supporting characters for other superheroes, and this movie highlights that because he basically had no characterization. The movie tried to have some emotional beats with his relationship with Christine but it just doesn't work because of how token that romance always felt so token, and the movie doesn't exactly do anything to change that. They should've just left that romance in the first film instead of doubling down on why it doesn't work. As someone who understands the complex feelings that come when someone you have feelings for is dating someone else, this was not a compelling representation of those feelings.

Now for Wanda. Wanda was the most interesting character in the movie... although it wasn't necessarily for good reasons. She was the main antagonist and she felt more threatening than most MCU antagonists I can think of. She had an understandable and actually pretty sympathetic motivation... but I thought WandaVision was supposed to resolve her issues? Like, yeah, it's a super cool antagonist, but it's not a good continuation of her arc, especially since her story seemingly completely ends in this movie with her killing herself to redeem herself (despite that death being completely avoidable), which completely kills all of her potential. There's also the sexist undertones of having a traumatized woman being portrayed as villainously insane but as a man, I feel like that's not my place to discuss.

Overall, 6.5/10. Fun horror movie but not a great superhero movie.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My favorite part of the movie was when Doctor Strange (2016) said "wow! I'm in the Multiverse of Madness! (2022). This is worse than the time Spider Man had No Way home! (2021)". He then bumped into the Scarlet Witch and said "Wow! My WandaVision (streaming exclusively on Disney Plus) is bad!".

I haven't actually seen the movie yet so if this actually happens I will die laughing

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
text top

text bottom
I promise it won’t be like Carl’s possibly illegal Judy in a Jar
Raimi fans pissing and crying and throwing up
from saying Tom Holland’s Spidey is his favorite MCU character to saying No Way Home is cinema, I don’t think the unstable Raimi fans can handle him not saying what they want him to say any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom