• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marc, Steven, Stephen, Wanda, Wong, and America…all done for the month

Now to wait for Kamala’s turn in the spotlight

then Thor, Jane, Valkyrie, Korg, Meek, She-Hulk, Hulk, Wakanda, and whoever or whatever else 2022 has in store for the MCU

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Having to get a train very early in the morning sucks.
Especially when you can never get a full night's sleep.

Never have siblings.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I knew that Marc and Steven had another personality because of the shaking sarcophagus, but didn’t think he would still serve Khonshu. Sadly no season 2 but at there is likely going the be a movie! I enjoyed the fight scenes as well, something the rest of the show had been lacking in. I love how Marc and Steven swapped places in tricky spots, such as well Harrow grabbed his cap so they switched to Steven to get rid of it, then back to Marc to glide. It has so much effort, I love it. Also, Layla becoming an avatar was really cool, her costume and fight scenes were truly great.

Overall I give Moon Knight a 9/10, I just wanted a bit more fights!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'mma be real

Switch Sports looks fun and IMO is getting way too much hate, but there is something to be said about Nintendo's habit this gen soft-launching games with only like, 70% of their content and just adding the rest verrrrryyyyyy slowwwwwllllyyyyy over the course of like, 6 months or more.

It's honestly been really damaging to some game's first impressions, and it's a dang shame when so many of those games do come into their own when all is said and done. Star Allies comes to mind: It was written off by so many people at launch, but the final update VS the OG game was complete night and day difference. I'm honestly starting to reach the point where I think I'd rather they just take the extra time they need to properly finish these games instead of getting them sooner.

On the bright side, the content is all free in these instances, so I don't really feel taken advantage of. But yeah, Splatoon's model having roaring success kinda taught them a terrible lesson IMO.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'mma be real

Switch Sports looks fun and IMO is getting way too much hate, but there is something to be said about Nintendo's habit this gen soft-launching games with only like, 70% of their content and just adding the rest verrrrryyyyyy slowwwwwllllyyyyy over the course of like, 6 months or more.

It's honestly been really damaging to some game's first impressions, and it's a dang shame when so many of those games do come into their own when all is said and done. Star Allies comes to mind: It was written off by so many people at launch, but the final update VS the OG game was complete night and day difference. I'm honestly starting to reach the point where I think I'd rather they just take the extra time they need to properly finish these games instead of getting them sooner.

On the bright side, the content is all free in these instances, so I don't really feel taken advantage of. But yeah, Splatoon's model having roaring success kinda taught them a terrible lesson IMO.
Iirc Splatoon 1 released here with a discount to justify it too

MooMew64

Iirc Splatoon 1 released here with a discount to justify it too
Oh dang, I don't think the US had that lol.

I remember paying $60 for it back in the day. Wasn't an issue to me 'cause it was new at the time, but man, I'm glad they're not trying to repeat what they pulled with 1 and 2 with 3: I'm so glad 3 looks like it's legit gonna expand upon 2 instead of doing a big, pointless reset button that takes us a year before we get back to where we were, lol.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But yeah, Splatoon's model having roaring success kinda taught them a terrible lesson IMO.
I actually think it's not Splatoon that's to blame, but Nintendo's gotten too comfortable with making 6th-gen games instead of HD ones.

Can you blame them? They had the GameCube, then the Wii, then the 3DS. Thanks to those three systems in a row, at least half of Nintendo's devs weren't going to be ready for the amount of resources HD development requires, and thus a bunch of games have to start out half-baked.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
let it be known that I bought the entire TMNT 2012 series (plus a bunch of behind the scenes videos about most of the episodes) in a single package for only $49.99 instead of spending over $150-$200 going around buying all 10 volumns separately

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You say that like this isnt a thing that happens in the video game industry often

MooMew64

You say that like this isnt a thing that happens in the video game industry often
I mean

to Nintendo's credit, they have more restraint than most

Most would charge for the updates :nifty:

That said, yeah, it's an unfortunate byproduct of being darned if you do, darned if you don't: Take a long time to get the game out? People lose interest and yell at you for taking too long. Launch it early and finish it later? You get accused of being lazy and greedy.

Being a game dev is fun, I imagine. :4wario2:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
These are canonically the strongest Pokémon trainers now:
So Alain is indeed in the Masters Top 8, making two trainers in the Top 8 that main Charizard.

I can tell the Ash vs Alain will be a rematch of the century! Maybe Lucario will avenge Greninja's loss to Alain's Charizard during the Kalos League Finals a while ago.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So uh.

Can we get an F for three half drunk guys missing a train by a minute?

Me and being a "truthful citizen" and telling them that the next train is in an hour.......so I can relish in their self defeat.

I'm nice to my friends and a bit of a **** to most people........but I love animals.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Marc, Steven, Stephen, Wanda, Wong, and America…all done for the month

Now to wait for Kamala’s turn in the spotlight

then Thor, Jane, Valkyrie, Korg, Meek, She-Hulk, Hulk, Wakanda, and whoever or whatever else 2022 has in store for the MCU
I believe there is also the unannounced Werewolf by Night project coming this Halloween for Disney+ too.

But other than that, another month's wait until Ms. Marvel is on Disney+.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'mma be real

Imo, the free update model only worked with 3 games: Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Tennis Aces. The Mario Maker games and Tennis Aces worked because they were fully complete games that got updated with quite a bit of stuff every now and then, and the Splatoon games worked because they updated it like every single month for like 3 years which kept the game fresh for a very long time.

Every other game, either was straight up incomplete and updates took way too long or the updates just weren't worthwile. The Mario Golf game died because of that model.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
daymn
I believe there is also the unannounced Werewolf by Night project coming this Halloween for Disney+ too.

But other than that, another month's wait until Ms. Marvel is on Disney+.
and the GOTG Christmas special that I forgot to name

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Herald race:

1651934801047.png

“Mine name is Herald Kushiel. It is mine duty to punish the sinful sons of man!”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Jewish mythology. An angel whose name means “the rigid one of god”. Some believe that he’s responsible for giving the sinners in hell their due punishment, along with six other retribution angels: Hutriel, Lahatiel, Makatiel, Puriel, Rogziel, and Shoftiel. He wields a whip made of fire while carrying out his duties. Kushiel presides in hell but he’s also said to reside in the third heaven with other angels of his kind.

Skills: Makajam, Mabufula, Mahamaon, Megidola

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

Kushiel feels kinda basic compared to all the later angel designs. Compared to the figure’s relative lack of importance, it’s no surprise that he only ever appeared in two Megami Tensei games. Actually, I think his faceless visage and cool bracelet form an imposing design combined with his accusing stance.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness last night…

HOLY **** what a movie. Like damn man this movie is so Sam Raimi and I love it. It’s actually even scary in some parts and a lot of the really cool stuff just bleeds his campy horror charm. But the real good stuff is heavily spoilery:
First of all, it’s so damn good to see Patrick Stewart as Xavier again. Like wow, the sir fits the part better than anyone ever could and his scenes in this one just ooze that late 90s X-Men magic.
Anton amount returning as Black Bolt was SO nice to see. He loved that part and got it so well. The problem with the previous shows was never casting and Anton proves that, especially in this movie. He proves immediately just how good of a Black Bolt he could be.
HOLY ****ING **** THEY ACTUALLY DID IT John Krasinski is Mr. Fantastic and he looks WAY better than I even thought he would. Like WOW the fans were right that is the most perfect casting. The big thing is that everyone died, quite gruesomely I might add, in this universe aside from Mordo. Which is slightly worrisome. I really REALLY hope these weren’t just small one-off cameos because I’d love to see Captain Carter, Mr. Fantastic, Professor X, and Black Bolt back in these same forms. Mariah Rambo as Captain Marvel was cool but she was definitely the most meh appearance of them all. I think at the very least we can see Captain Carter Professor X and Mr. Fantastic back. That’s a pretty easy tease for the future. Mariah Rambo does seem like a one off as just a special nod to the character in the comics and bringing the actress back for a quick cameo. Black Bolt is the one I’m worried for the most. Inhumans got done REAL dirty by Marvel TV and if this really is his only appearance on the big screen at least they redeemed him but seeing him really REALLY just made me want more. I really hope Feige changes his mind about the Inhumans and either gives them a proper film or an actual good show. We’ll see though. And finally Charlize Theron’s Clea is going to be SUPER cool because she looks SUPER great and it definitely points to what the next movie will be about. And it seems like it might open up another multiverse hopping Strange film.
But yeah I loved it. I really really love Marvel’s new direction with the weirdness approach their pulling. I’m excited for what’s to come in Love & Thunder and beyond. Very excited.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Herald race:

View attachment 351953

“Mine name is Herald Kushiel. It is mine duty to punish the sinful sons of man!”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Jewish mythology. An angel whose name means “the rigid one of god”. Some believe that he’s responsible for giving the sinners in hell their due punishment, along with six other retribution angels: Hutriel, Lahatiel, Makatiel, Puriel, Rogziel, and Shoftiel. He wields a whip made of fire while carrying out his duties. Kushiel presides in hell but he’s also said to reside in the third heaven with other angels of his kind.

Skills: Makajam, Mabufula, Mahamaon, Megidola

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Lady race.

Kushiel feels kinda basic compared to all the later angel designs. Compared to the figure’s relative lack of importance, it’s no surprise that he only ever appeared in two Megami Tensei games. Actually, I think his faceless visage and cool bracelet form an imposing design combined with his accusing stance.
Nah bro that’s not a demon, that’s Tabuu from super smash brothers brawl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom