• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, need a bit of help with something. I haven't been able to play my Switch for weeks because it won't charge. Not when it's docked, and I've tried different chargers and wall outlets too. Nothing is working. Does anyone know of any fixes?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
some say you either die a hero, or live long enough to play FNF
I tried playing FNF a while back, and man, I could not get into it, haha. It's fun I guess, just not much there for me personally. Also doesn't help that the community is carried hard by mods and not the base game itself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, need a bit of help with something. I haven't been able to play my Switch for weeks because it won't charge. Not when it's docked, and I've tried different chargers and wall outlets too. Nothing is working. Does anyone know of any fixes?
Apparantly holding the powerbutton for 12 seconds should do the trick? A friend of mine had a similar issue.

Also, I am done with constantly getting hit by lightning in Mario Kart at the worst possible moments. Who the hell invented the item anyway? I just want to talk
Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.jpeg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I tried playing FNF a while back, and man, I could not get into it, haha. It's fun I guess, just not much there for me personally. Also doesn't help that the community is carried hard by mods and not the base game itself.
NGL base game is mid as heck. Mods hard carry the whole thing.

Also doesn't help it's surrounded by Newgrounds culture which is often 😬 .

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know people keep trying to rip off Smash bros, people have also ripped off MarioKart.

But nobody ever tries ripping off Mario Party, that annoys me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Can't wait to only have time to read like 2 chapters tomorrow morning before my shift

I've increased my reading pace drastically but work gets in the way unfortunately

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
YTMND
Newgrounds
YouTube Poops

Legit built my sense of humor growing up.

.....I still occasionally watch old YTPs. Link Buys a PS3 is legit comedy gold. And Toby Fox himself loved The King Downloads Sony Vegas enough to reference it in Deltarune lol.
Bruh didn't you act hella confused about a joke in which the punchline was Sonic CD having 2 OSTs and the US version of the boss theme was terrifying in comparison to the goofy JP version? Your comedy card, hand it over

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bruh didn't you act hella confused about a joke in which the punchline was Sonic CD having 2 OSTs and the US version of the boss theme was terrifying in comparison to the goofy JP version? Your comedy card, hand it over
Look, his memory is going a bit.

Not only is he old, he's a veteran. Cut him some slack...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Decided to give Sony Picture's Uncharted adaption another watch and here is my review:

With the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog and Detective Pikachu achieved positive reception, Sony decided to take their well-known action-adventure video game property Uncharted in to a live action feature. Does the adaption live up to my expectations?

Whilst it certainly showed elements that I am sure anyone that had played an Uncharted fan will recognise from the action and puzzle sequences and mixing a hint of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones, Ruben Fleischer's take ended up being a rather mediocre product in which the plot was quite predictable (and sometimes questionable) within areas of the film that lacked any element of surprise and some of the action sequences were not thrilling or exciting.

Tom Holland is certainly a great actor who is well known for his portrayal in Sony/Marvel Studio's Spider-Man, I wasn't exactly too convinced whether he'd fit the role as it kind of felt like there were remnants of Peter Parker and Spider-Man (without his super powers) than a young Nathan Drake. On the other hand, I wasn't particularly a fan of Mark Wahlberg's take as Sully in which I felt his character was rather obnoxious, boring and flat in addition to the underwhelming villain characters (poor Antonio Banderas) that lacked anything interesting and shine throughout the entire film.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reached the credits of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Easily the best Kirby game no contest.
Holy **** everything that happened in Lad Discovera had my jaw dropped the whole time!
And I still got more to do in this game.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
From my understanding, Pokedudebros hate her because
  1. She kept Ash's immaturity in check... like every other lady companion
  2. Her design is (bear with me here) not as "appealing" as Ash's other companions to them.
  3. Racism
  4. Racism but again
  5. They can't get over Gen 5.
I'd consider Iris my favorite companion in the anime, but I think the main problems fans had with her is finding her personality annoying, and her trainer arc being wasted potential. Since her Axew wanted to evolve but never came close, and her Dragonite was simply given to her towards the end of the series.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I watched the movie for Wanda.....and my expectations were exceeded. I didn't think she'd be the antagonist, considering how well they hid that, but she made a darn good one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One of the only downsides for Multiverse of madness is it’s overshadowed the moon knight finale. Which for the most part has some really great moments and is a solid conclusion to the show.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Kirby and the Forgotten Land yesterday. Pretty entertaining finale, and while the final boss was definitely a step up in difficulty compared to the three bosses that came before it, it wasn't too bad difficulty-wise.

The series made a great transition into 3D, though I felt like there could have been more powers. (though it's understandable since this game is somewhat experimental for the series)

Not sure what I'll play next - I've got Pokemon Legends Arceus, Final Fantasy IX, and Shin Megami Tensei 5 to play through on the Switch, but I've also got plenty of games to play through on the PS4 (God of War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Final Fantasy 7 Remake), 3DS (Mario 3D Land, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y, Dragon Quest 8, Phoenix Wright), and PS3. (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Uncharted 1-3, Ratchet and Clank 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom